This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dan Frazer

Fitting out a wheelie bin as a buffer tank
« on: March 05, 2019, 01:29:04 pm »
I'm having a frustrating time trying to get my wheelie bin set up to draw water from. I got some plastic fittings from Rutland, a bulkhead and fittings, but despite going over the whole line several times, it is still drawing air somewhere somehow. The suction pipe is fine and  works well plopped into the water.

The air seems to be getting in around the bulkhead or camlock fitting.

I need to connect a 3/4" suction hose to the outside, and a short 3/4" hose with a filter to the inside.

Where can I go to get decent quality fittings please? If anyone has a link to a full set of fittings it'd be ideal!

Thanks

Smudger

Re: Fitting out a wheelie bin as a buffer tank
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 06:56:30 pm »
are you drawing from the bottom of the bin ?

when I used a wheelie bin I had cam locks - quick and easy

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Dan Frazer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 09:33:51 pm »
Yes, bottom of the bin. I suspect it may be the fittings not working very well, even though they look decent.

I wish there was someone local who I could hand it to and give them money when they hand it back all set up!

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 10:00:26 pm »
We have cam locks off Ben at Rutland works fine , are you sure it’s not drawing air from the jubilee clip on the inlet into the pump , mine has done that a few times

Dan Frazer

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 10:02:38 pm »
I've held the camlock just under the surface of a bucket of water so the pipe and jubilee aren't submerged and it works fine.  He's actually confirmed he's going to send some stainless fittings for me to try, so I'll hang on to give them a go before doing anything else.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 10:05:45 am »
I meant check the hose going  into the pump spigot  that’s where mine has drawn air if it’s not done up tight

Dan Frazer

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:02:34 pm »
Fitted the stainless fittings Ben sent out today and they work just fine. The issue must have been inside the plastic bulkhead piece or camlock somewhere.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 03:34:02 pm »
👍
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk