Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pipgleamclean

Truck mount carpet cleaner
« on: March 03, 2019, 05:43:36 pm »
Hi everyone, I’m looking to upgrade fro a portable machine, to a truck mount, are there any makes to be avoided/recommended, is second hand an option? Or would you go new?
All advise gratefully recieved

Robin Ray

Re: Truck mount carpet cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:50:34 pm »
Go for new, the second hand machine I had was a nightmare, I would say that they guy I bought it from, Craig Lincoln (Carpet Cleaners World) bent over backward to help me out with it though. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Hydramaster machine from him in the future. He is based in Cornwall.

Pipgleamclean

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 05:52:43 pm »
Seems like good advise, I’m looking at prochem blazer gt, any good?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 07:01:13 pm »
Truck mounts are overpriced pieces of equipment, if you go for a second hand machine make sure you have a sound mechanical knowledge to solve any problems.

Most machines available in the uk have the same reputation for reliability, buy the biggest you can afford to get the maximum heat & vacuum
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 06:04:28 pm »
With respect, I don’t think Truck amounts are overpriced at all. Do they cost a lot of money in comparison to a portable, you bet, but hell, they practically print money. They produce a much higher standard of cleaning and are hugely more productive and efficient and they are a marketing tool in there own right. Anyone of those points is worth the purchase price in the first year alone.
I know a guy that has 8,000 hours on a Titan 575 and the machine earns at least £100 per running hour, work that one out.

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:09:41 pm »
I have a prochem blazer plus. Great entry level truckmount. I got it 2nd hand but the guy I got it from had it from new.

You could tell it was really well looked after. I also have a portable for the times I need it but I wouldn't want to go back to it being my main machine. It turns over double what I did with the porty per hour.
I have it serviced every 100 hours never had a serious problem ....... Touch wood.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 08:45:23 pm »
With respect, I don’t think Truck amounts are overpriced at all. Do they cost a lot of money in comparison to a portable, you bet, but hell, they practically print money. They produce a much higher standard of cleaning and are hugely more productive and efficient and they are a marketing tool in there own right. Anyone of those points is worth the purchase price in the first year alone.
I know a guy that has 8,000 hours on a Titan 575 and the machine earns at least £100 per running hour, work that one out.

Truckmounts are over priced for what they are,  how much they earn or how well they clean is irrelevant  if you compare the parts and engineering involved in their construction  with other items of machinery from other industries  then you can see the disparity.

For the price of a 16hp aircooled entry level truck mount  you can buy a drain jetter with 55hp liquid cooled Diesel engine with hydraulic hose reels and  much more.  But that’s the problem with carpet cleaning equipment in general ,   QCs for high pressure hose cost twice as much And are half the size, tools cost £100s even into the thousands where you can buy much more complicated and tools for pressure washing much cheaper.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Billy Russell

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 08:22:24 pm »
Seems like good advise, I’m looking at prochem blazer gt, any good?

Cant go wrong with a Blazer, good little starter truck mount, if you ever want a chat about it Just give me a call or we can meet up for a coffee and a chat, you're only 5mins up the road from me literally,

www.billyrussellfloorcare.co.uk

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 07:03:03 am »
Hi

You have not said way you need to upgrade?

Upgrading will put your costs up and in turn your prices.

Some ideas for other options for that money are, second part time van. We all have the same amount of hours every day.  Or marketing

Or you could invest in getting some office cleaning staff then use profit to pay for TM

Just some options

Ian Harper

petermaybury

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 05:56:15 pm »
Invest in a truckmount it will be the best investment you make. It transformed my business. I can achieve on my own what I used to do with three people. People will also take you more seriously. You will never look back or want to use a porty again

StanleyRoark

Re: Truck mount carpet cleaner New
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 04:00:09 am »
I have a truck mount and a top portable carpet cleaner, they are TM Prochem, Portable Ashby's. I have rarely used portable devices since I have a truck mount device.  You can try Dri-Master, it can provide quality cotton cleaning, flatness, etc while Portable device that can't do it.