This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JJay

Sunglasses for daily work
« on: February 21, 2019, 10:17:11 pm »
Hi mates. Do you have any sunglasses worth to recommend or you don't using anything like that? I had some for work purposes but my daily normal looks too fancy and 'bike' sunglasses broke up. Is just me or is normal thing that I can't stand sun reflection  from the windows?
Thanks for help.

Simon Trapani

Re: Sunglasses for daily work
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 10:57:43 pm »
Halfords do some reasonably priced sunglasses. I think Boots are a bit more expensive.

Go expensive for work & they get wrecked, go cheap ie ebay & you’re risking your eyesight.

Sunglasses are an essential bit of kit for wfp imo.

andyM

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 06:54:33 am »
I use sunglasses with polarised lenses.
There's plenty available, a lot of people use them for fishing.
Got mine from Ebay.
One of the Plebs

John Mart

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 06:55:10 am »
Any polarised glasses. £20 or so from Boots. They have to be polarised to stop reflections from the glass.

alank

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 07:16:40 am »
Don't forget the sun block even early in the year we work in full sun plus the reflection of the glass your working on all adds up polarised fishing glasses are what I use.

lal

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 07:23:33 am »

I use an older pair of Polarised Raybans, can't beat them  8)

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 07:49:52 am »
yep...polarised sunglasses every time........i have some oakley ones but dont wear them for work.....a cheap pair from boots are good enough for every day window cleaning....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 07:55:12 am »
Don't forget the sun block even early in the year we work in full sun plus the reflection of the glass your working on all adds up polarised fishing glasses are what I use.

ive never used sun block...i like a tan......i use factor 30 sun cream when it gets to spring and i still get a nice t shirt tan! 8) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 08:04:19 am »
I started using factor 50 this week as it’s been 14 degrees! Getting warmer now , I can’t wear sunglasses though as I can’t really see the bird poope & dirt on the windows properly

NWH

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 08:27:01 am »
Oakleys polarised as dark as you can get them although they are not that dark to look through,they aren’t cheap though if you need prescription lenses the lenses alone are 280 without a the frame.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 08:28:23 am »
Last time I looked you only get one pair of eyes get the best you can afford.

zesty

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 08:55:15 am »
Matalan, polarised sunglasses, fairly cheap and do the job.

All sunglasses sold in the uk have to meet the same requirements of protection, so it doesn’t matter if you spend £5 or £150, they will all protect your eyes the same. (As long as you buy form a reputable retailer)

Defo an essential part of window cleaning!

JJay

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 09:33:18 am »
I've got oakleys but seems to be too expensive to wear for work.  I've got the same problem with poops and scratches on windows so that's why I'm asking for good glasses that would help to do job easier. :)

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 10:35:12 am »
Electric hose reels are not cheap either but they stopped my shoulder hurting or playing up within a few days,like I say you can’t put a price on it m8.
Have a pair of polarised Oakleys and a cheap pair next to em and try both,if you can’t see the difference you need prescription lenses lol

zesty

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 12:34:12 pm »
Electric hose reels are not cheap either but they stopped my shoulder hurting or playing up within a few days,like I say you can’t put a price on it m8.
Have a pair of polarised Oakleys and a cheap pair next to em and try both,if you can’t see the difference you need prescription lenses lol

The Oakleys May ‘work’ better, but they don’t protect your eyes any better than a £10 pair from Tesco. They all have to meet the safety standards.

But yeah, your correct that the oakley glasses will probabaly have a better polarising effect. Although I’ve had Oakleys in the past and never noticed any difference to a working day in the sun compared to matalan cheapo ones.

Both work, and both are safe.

Bottom line is all of them will protect your eyes as good as the other. As long as you don’t by them firm the looky looky man in Benidorm or eBay  ;D

There are different filter category’s, but Tesco ones in the same filter cat as Oakleys will offer the same protection.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2019, 01:34:08 pm »
I keep it simple.  I use perscription sunglasses as I need them for driving.  Always like to buy the designer brands from Specsavers.   Always have offers on.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2019, 03:16:06 pm »
I use Bloc now, it’s just what the local surfing shop sells and there good with repairs

I get about 2 pairs at a time as I live I them , but I normally destroy a pair  a year or sometimes both

Sit On them drop them walk into branches with them leave them somewhere the list goes on , lost a pair when harvesting sweet corn and beans found in the late spring when foliage died down and still usable

britishwill

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »
polarised for me

Cookie

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2019, 06:24:24 pm »
I bought a couple of pairs of these last year. Can't fault them for the price:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-protector-smoke-lens-safety-specs/38149

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 08:57:40 am »
I'm glad this topic has come up.

I have Varifocals so would have to look at clip ons.
What colour polarized lenses would you recommend for window cleaning please. They are available in black, green, yellow and brown.

Strangely enough I wore sunglasses in Africa most of the year round, but since being in the UK these past 25 years I have never bothered with them. But there are a few days when they were neccessary to have last summer. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)