This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Debt
« on: February 19, 2019, 10:17:48 pm »
Ladt week I went to a customer who already owed 2 lots, with last week it was 3. She normally pays by bank transfer, after I was done she calked after me to apologize for non payment, claiming she lost the last bill. She told me she was doing banking that day,and would pay then. Still waiting. I don't collect at the end of the week, as its too far out. Should I send an invoice or wait til next time and see what happens?
Cheers Rich

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Debt
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:41:03 pm »
Bonkers letting her get away with too long. No payment then no further cleans till settled.  Don't be afraid to chase again. You're entitled to be paid within reasonable time.  Give her a call or send a text to remind her.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

cleaniac

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 11:13:26 pm »
No doshy?

No washy!

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:37:44 pm »
This is why long distance customers should be on gocardless.  You even their email address to correspond to if need be.
As im assuming you dont have a contact number for her and simply wait until your cleaning again.
This is why i switched from bacs as you aee still reliant on the customer
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:39 am »
Ladt week I went to a customer who already owed 2 lots, with last week it was 3. She normally pays by bank transfer, after I was done she calked after me to apologize for non payment, claiming she lost the last bill. She told me she was doing banking that day,and would pay then. Still waiting. I don't collect at the end of the week, as its too far out. Should I send an invoice or wait til next time and see what happens?

send her a text reminder every week until she pays,then dump her if she doesnt agree to set up a standing order,this is what i do with these type of customers,you could always try gocardless if you offer that too....

luckily i dont get messed around for payment that often....

i do let some customers run up 3 cleans before sending a bill but this is on cheap 4 weekly estate work....not on longer frequency jobs at higher prices....i have a one clean limit on these....
price higher/work harder!

cleaniac

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 09:35:00 am »
After 1 week, i send out a daily text reminder until paid.

Cookie

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 12:50:08 pm »

You need to be a bit careful about that. What if they're in hospital, a close family member has just died or they're on a fortnights holiday or something...

You could end pi$$ing them off and losing a good customer.

G Griffin

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 02:03:28 pm »

You need to be a bit careful about that. What if they're in hospital, a close family member has just died or they're on a fortnights holiday or something...

Agreed.
Daily text? No wonder he's bored.  ;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 02:11:58 pm »
I wont let a debt go past 1 non payment of clean,  if I see they are gonna be a problem payer it's go cardless or go find another cleaner.

cleaniac

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 02:18:16 pm »

It works.

I send a template. It doesn't change.

Dear customer.

Please remember to settle your window cleaning bill as it is now due for payment.

Best wishes StockClean.

That's it. I don't enter into a dialogue, or exchange any other words. If they are in hospital they have the ability to let me know, or of there are mitigating circumstances I will halt reminders for a week unless already agreed to a latter payment date.

Simple. And it works

And I'm not worried about peeing them off, I'm happy to loose a customer who hasn't paid up for a week, and won't consider direct debit. They are not a customer until they have paid in my book.

G Griffin

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 05:56:19 pm »

It works.

I send a template. It doesn't change.

Dear customer.

Please remember to settle your window cleaning bill as it is now due for payment.

Best wishes StockClean.

That's it. I don't enter into a dialogue, or exchange any other words. If they are in hospital they have the ability to let me know, or of there are mitigating circumstances I will halt reminders for a week unless already agreed to a latter payment date.

Simple. And it works

And I'm not worried about peeing them off, I'm happy to loose a customer who hasn't paid up for a week, and won't consider direct debit. They are not a customer until they have paid in my book.
How can they let you know they are in hospital if you don't enter into a dialogue or exchange of words? Likewise for an agreement to pay at a later date.
What if they don't have access to their phone?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

cleaniac

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 05:59:41 pm »
Well when they turn it on they will see the text messages?  ::)roll

not sure what the issue is tbh.

james peters

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:04 pm »
I don't go past 1 clean if they havnt paid for the first.  if I have to remind someone on 2 occasions , they become an ex customer.
it may sound a bit harsh, but I go to work to get paid.
its just the way I do things....
I have my lawns cut... I pay straight away...
I expect the same

GeorgeP

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 06:29:16 pm »
Not sure, but daily texts could be classed as harassment for payment,

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 06:43:36 pm »
personally i think daily text reminders are a bit much....also i give my customers up to 14 days to pay after the clean THEN i send a text reminder once a week until i get paid....

ive noticed a few customers this week havent paid me (that usually do straight away once ive text reminded them)then realised its half term.....so some will be on holiday....no worries...ill text them again next monday.....

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:49 pm »
I don't go past 1 clean if they havnt paid for the first.  if I have to remind someone on 2 occasions , they become an ex customer.
I expect the same

it doesnt happen in the real world....well not in my world anyway...ive usually  got £500-£1500 outstanding debt at any one time....currently its £696.....

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2019, 08:16:49 pm »
My rolling debt is about 500 - 1000 but i get paid before the next clean 99% of the time as those that dont soon get dropped.

james peters

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 08:44:03 pm »
I expect the same

it doesnt happen in the real world....well not in my world anyway...ive usually  got £500-£1500 outstanding debt at any one time....currently its £696.....

that's my point though daz... no one pays later than a few days. I am continuously building at a steady rate
2 steps forward 1 step back... I only have the good payers on my round.
I prefer to spend the time finding new customers rather than chasing bad payers.
1 bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 09:18:38 pm »
OP - talked to the customer - so not in hospital - we also are aware if she is a long term customer who has always paid - although bank transfer is mentioned.

although I wouldn't have done clean 3 - sometimes peoples circumstances change and can't afford the windows or waiting for a wage to come in - sometimes its embarrassing for them to admit they are short of money for what maybe something outside their control - its not right and thats why its good policy to keep customers unto date with payments - OP can get wound up, spend hours chasing the debt, or chalk it down to experience and move on

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2019, 09:33:41 pm »
I expect the same

that's my point though daz... no one pays later than a few days. I am continuously building at a steady rate
2 steps forward 1 step back... I only have the good payers on my round.
I prefer to spend the time finding new customers rather than chasing bad payers.
1 bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

Most of mine are good payers mate....but I don't insist that they pay me within a couple of days...