This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Anyone use textmarketer through aworka?
« on: February 19, 2019, 05:46:32 pm »
I'm using Textmarketer incorporated into aworka. I schedule my texts and they send fine. Only problem I get is to a handful of landline customers that don't have mobiles. They rarely receive them. It's really hit or miss to landlines I find. I think I've done what they say https://www.textmarketer.co.uk/blog/2010/04/bulk-sms-documentation/sending-sms-text-messages-to-landline-telephone-numbers/ but it still doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have this problem?

johnwillan

Re: Anyone use textmarketer through aworka?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 06:30:05 pm »
I'm using Textmarketer incorporated into aworka. I schedule my texts and they send fine. Only problem I get is to a handful of landline customers that don't have mobiles. They rarely receive them. It's really hit or miss to landlines I find. I think I've done what they say https://www.textmarketer.co.uk/blog/2010/04/bulk-sms-documentation/sending-sms-text-messages-to-landline-telephone-numbers/ but it still doesn't seem to work. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Simon

Not much help but...

We use Text Local and occasional email, we ONLY offer this service if a mobile or email is provided otherwise we simply turn up i.e. we DO NOT contact landlines, in the case of restricted access we clean all accessible windows and charge accordingly.

I think we have less than 1% of landline only clients.

HTH

John

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 06:45:54 pm »
My experience is that if you use a mobile number as your sending vehicle, landlines mostly work, but if you change that to your company name (so they can’t reply) they rarely work. I tell them it’s hit and miss and if they weren’t so old, they’d have a mobile. Customer service is my strong point.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:16:14 pm »
Just heard back from Textmarketer:

"Good morning,

We have disabled the ability to be able to send to landlines through the platform.

This was a business decision to ensure that the platform is being used in the best possible way and to ensure that the end user is given the best experience.

Do let me know if you need anything else."

That's that then. Those odd few customers will have to get into the 21st century and get a mobile. At least I know why now. Told Textmaketer they might wanna update their website and give me a few free credits to replace the duff ones I've been sending out. ::)roll