Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark turton

Your trusted machine for smaller jobs ?
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:12:17 pm »
I recently bought a back up small extractor (i wont name the brand)  im sending it back for a refund coz it would suck the skin of a rice pudding.
Dissapointed that im still to find a smaller portable plug and go machine for small jobs (rather than priming pump and big set up so to speak)
Anyone let me know what you use for a small extractor to  do small areas of carpet or just a sofa?
Just want a reliable and good bit of kit for these occasions.

john martin

Re: your trusted machine for smaller jobs ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:20:04 pm »
what was the motor spec of the machine you bought , just to know what level disappoints you .

neil 47

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:19:29 pm »
I use a airflex mini with 25 ft and inbuilt in-line heater performs well enough .
IICRC

Nobby

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 08:51:38 am »
Alltec Express (similar to the AirflexMini).

mark turton

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:10:30 pm »
ok truth (now embarrassed) it was the new 10/1 puzzi.

i was trying to avoid having to spring for one of the ones you guy mentioned. Do you find the extraction still good on those and do you have to prime the pump?

Also is the sabrina to light weight as a small area professional cc machine?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 09:06:30 pm »
very small machines are of quite limited use in my experience , ,i have three gallon spotter from cleansmart on the van ... but really 99 times out of 100 its just as easy to haul the alltec express to the site of a smaller job or spot job ...  and it will do the job quicker and better .

Marius Alexandru

Re: Your trusted machine for smaller jobs ?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 02:31:28 pm »
Jaguar cub. Little beast

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 09:08:05 pm »
jag cub uses 2 inch hose, hardly a spotter...

I've just bought a craftex sabrina.. i do mainly low moisture so it's a "for in case"

robert stubbs

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 07:52:19 pm »
very small machines are of quite limited use in my experience , ,i have three gallon spotter from cleansmart on the van ... but really 99 times out of 100 its just as easy to haul the alltec express to the site of a smaller job or spot job ...  and it will do the job quicker and better .

Hi John, what spec is your Express please, vacs, pump, heaters  and hose size adapter 2" or 1.5",Thanks Rob

john martin

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 08:45:31 pm »

hey ,   the one i got had a 1500w motor and a 1200w and a 220psi pump  ,   i did opt for the  2" hose barb also , and the internal inline heater .
It works quite well in that spec  , i wouldnt have one for a main machine , but for smaller jobs its a good package .   Its no absolute lightweight though , so stairs a managable but not easy .  Also i was a bit dissapointed when i put an amp meter on the heater a saw just 8amps  ....  so its really a 2000w heater .... a better external heater is usually 3000w .
Any way for a couple of reasons i have since changed bits out of it , and now its heaterless  .... but lighter ...  i use an external inline .

Hi John, what spec is your Express please, vacs, pump, heaters  and hose size adapter 2" or 1.5",Thanks Rob

robert stubbs

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 08:55:56 pm »
That was very informative thanks.  Which external  inline heater do you use John and what sort of money. Regards Rob

john martin

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 09:04:53 pm »
I have the powerflite one amtech sell  ,   a bit featureless buts works well enough  . 

jmj

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 12:05:56 pm »
I've also used the powerflite in line heater and found it worked very well for the 3 years I had it. I've also used the Magma previous to the powerflite and found it lacking in comparison.

Joe