Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark turton

Considering renewing my machine to possibly airflex storm or CFR ECO 500 AW  or others yet to check out.  One of the problem I have had with the airflex turbo is tripped plug sockets despite using circuit breakers?  So if changing machines looking to avoid this as so many houses i visit have an  in-adequate wiring it seems. I usually find plug sockets from different rooms (2 plug system) to avoid overloading a ringmain.
I love my airflex turbo its a tough bit of kit, mega reliable and does a real good job. (though i am also looking to upgrade wand option, see other post)
Any help on this or some review of equivalent grade machines would be most welcome.
Thanks

neil 47

Re: considering new machine any reviews or feedback on what kit you favour?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:01:30 pm »
I have a storm, when I first got it I wanted some advice on the same thing and matt told me to p off and ask the supplier I bought it from ( one of his distributers)

So I asked a independent cc company.

It turned out that the plugs weren't wired up correctly, I then used it for a year with no problems but then the plugs started heating up so I had it serviced and they replaced the plugs and I have had no further problems .

And I must say I'm more than happy with the storm it performs well and loads in the van easily and wouldn't hesitate to buy another storm or a jaguar 8.4 which I've never owned but do seem to prove a good buy as you don't see many second hand ones for sale.

IICRC

mark turton

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:07:21 pm »
Neil, thanks for your reply mate very informative. Its funny I have also been thinking or revamping (re-newing or upgrading parts on my airflex turbo) as it may be a cheaper option than shelling our for the storm.

Interesting to know that youve had no trip problems since the rewiring. Do you know what wattage the storm pulls from the mains?

neil 47

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 09:37:40 pm »
Hi Mark

I don't know, but plug the storm plugs into separate sockets and very rarely have a problem even with a inline heater in the same socket as the ug that runs 1 vac.

The one that runs the pump + a vac I always plug separate .

6.6 vacs are only £99 just swap them
IICRC

Matt @ Cleansmart

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:06:18 am »
Neil,

I wouldn't have actually used the words 'p off', as people might think from reading your post! Having said that, if you have bought a machine through one of our distributors, then the distributor does need to be your first point of call, as providing support is part of the distributor's job when selling you the machine.

This is standard practice e.g. if you buy a Prochem machine from a Prochem distributor and then call Prochem Head Office for support, they will refer you back to the distributor you bought the machine from, as Prochem won't necessarily know who you are, what machine you have, whether it's under warranty, whether you've had previous issues, what conversations you've had with the distributor etc.

We are happy to work with distributors if they need help with any support requests. We are also happy to provide support if the distributor is not able to help for any reason or if the customer has an issue with the distributor etc.

If you have bought the machine directly from us then obviously we are more than happy to provide support directly.

Kind regards,
Matt

Matt @ Cleansmart

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 01:53:40 pm »
Quote from: Neil 47 11.07am

Matt

Me : what's the best way to plug in the storm to limit it tripping customers electric ?

Matt : Go and ask the distributer you bought it from

Read that a couple of times, then think to yourself that maybe you could of handled that conversation better as the manufacturer of the machine .

I have no issues with the machine, just the way you treat people that have invested in your company .

I actually have 2 airflex minis a storm and 2 magma heaters that's over £6000 of stuff and you couldn't be bothered to spend 5 mins I find that really disappointing.

Hi Neil,

Strange, because we get asked that sort of question on a daily basis and it’s definitely not the sort of thing we’d normally refer back to a distributor.

Anyway, sorry if there’s been any misunderstanding - I obviously could have handled the call better from what you have your posted.

Matt

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 06:39:53 pm »
Thank you

As I do like the Storm
IICRC