This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

suffolkclean

Questions to ask when you know TUPE involved
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:52:26 pm »
We've always steered clear of any TUPE situations but large local business have enquired.

We would want to know about number of staff, how long they have been employed, hourly rate etc.
Does the existing employer pay all holiday pay up to the final date. Is there any kind of correspondence between existing and new cleaning company ? This is new to us - any advise would be appreciated.

Denise l

Re: Questions to ask when you know TUPE involved
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 05:10:34 pm »
You take over all existing holidays outstanding depending on what time of year you run i.e. January to January or April to April. If it's Jan then it's your responsibility for the year Plus all pensions so be careful. You cant change their hours or pay.

TomCrowther

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 04:07:46 pm »
You also take on all the employees history/baggage. Ongoing disciplinaries etc.

Timmy Boy

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 10:31:32 am »
Is it a Public building (eg school/council etc) or a Private company? With a public one its more of a can of worms eg final salary pensions, paid sick, additional service days etc but if its just a simple office you are less likely to come across this sort of thing. Notification Of Employee Liability Information (NELI) is quoted quite a lot and this is effectively what you are asking for. When I first started my company the first thing I looked at was Legal advice services, particularly being in this game! I went with peninsula and they have supported me through the most difficult of TUPE cases