Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sergio

Bright Wool
« on: January 19, 2019, 08:06:58 pm »
Hello,
can sodium percarbonate or hydrogen peroxide bright wool in oriental rug washing process? How to use it?

Thanks

Jonathan Evans

Re: Bright Wool
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 08:55:12 am »
Hi Sergio I am not sure why you would use such harsh chemicals on hand knotted rugs.
The only purpose I can see for it is to age rugs and make them look older and therefore antique. Which in turn may increase value.
I am not sure what if any value there is in treating wool in this way. It may brighten initially but when dry would look faded.

Sergio

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 01:40:21 pm »
Hi Sergio I am not sure why you would use such harsh chemicals on hand knotted rugs.
The only purpose I can see for it is to age rugs and make them look older and therefore antique. Which in turn may increase value.
I am not sure what if any value there is in treating wool in this way. It may brighten initially but when dry would look faded.
It's a long time since I'm looking for information online to make the wool brighter during the wash operation. I have read that the most used chemical products in europe are these?

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 03:07:10 pm »
I can't see a use for something like that on any wool carpet. I find it hard to believe they are the most used cleaning agents for rug cleaning in Europe.

I may be wrong of course but I certainly wouldn't use them in my process. Other than a small amount for stain removal below 6%

petermaybury

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 06:09:43 pm »
High pH is detrimental to wool. As a pro you should not be damaging your customers furnishings.  Prochem prespray gold is very good at brightening wool dyes if that is not enough to meet your requirements then try spraying a bit of fabric restorer as the solvents in the react really well with a lot of dyes.

Sergio

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2019, 12:36:18 pm »
High pH is detrimental to wool. As a pro you should not be damaging your customers furnishings.  Prochem prespray gold is very good at brightening wool dyes if that is not enough to meet your requirements then try spraying a bit of fabric restorer as the solvents in the react really well with a lot of dyes.
Thanks petermaybury.

What is "fabric restorer? Which brand? How can i use fabric restorer?

sry for my bad english