Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

Chemspec Prekleen
« on: January 18, 2019, 06:37:39 pm »
Has any one got any experience with Chemspec Prekleen. At present i like to use Up and Out as a general prespray and find it gives excellent results in a wide variety of situations on a wide variety of fabrics. Prekleen seems to have similar specs without the self neutralizing effect of Up and Out though. Any thoughts?

john martin

Re: Chemspec Prekleen
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 09:47:46 pm »
what is self neutralizing though  ,  it could simply mean , when its fully dry  its inert PH wise , like everything .    Just another sales term me thinks .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 06:25:13 am »
Whether up & out neutralises is irrelevant it’s a prespray so is rinsed out of the carpet.

I know they say ultimate master self neutralises but that’s left on the carpet so in its case it needs too but as John says everything is PH neutral when dry ( but what about when some one walks across it with wet feet after getting  out the bath,  will the moisture reactivate it?)
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 08:10:02 pm »
Yes that is what self neutralizing is .... it does not reactivate to the previous ph when wetted.

As a side point is acid rinsing pointless on all presprays as they are all rinsed from the carpet?

Does any one have any experience with Chemspec Prekleen though?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:41:47 am »
Yes that is what self neutralizing is .... it does not reactivate to the previous ph when wetted.

As a side point is acid rinsing pointless on all presprays as they are all rinsed from the carpet?

Does any one have any experience with Chemspec Prekleen though?

This is an excellent point, with a high flow wand that fully rinses the carpet then no pre spray should be left so is an acid rinse needed?

But does your wand fully rinse out the prespray that is the question.

Also is the roll of  an acid rinse to leave the carpet  in an acid Ph which is the preferred  state.

We need also to think about chemical build up after  subsequent cleans,
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dutchman

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 01:08:12 pm »
I clean a walkway carpet near a kitchen about once a fortnight in a hotel. I have used various solutions to clean it to try and get it to stay clean as long as possible. The higher PH solutions definitely make the carpet dirtier the next time I go and clean it. I rinse it the same every time. It is easier to clean using higher PH solutions but the end result after 2 weeks is worse. I often combine pre sprays to give as broad a range of cleaning as possible. I have used pre clean many times on that carpet and it gives a good result. I dont think we can rinse all the pre spray out of a carpet using a wand. I had a hotel bedroom that  had a flood the other day and all I had to do was extract the water from the  carpet. The rinse water was soapy. It had been cleaned about 1 year ago by another carpet cleaner.  He seemed to do a good job from all accounts but no one really knows how much we leave in a carpet and how many go to the trouble of rinsing rinsing rinsing when the customer is on your back about drying times... I have looked for a full sized wand that has a window just to see what is coming out of the carpet when we "think" its clean. I often check bad areas are clean using a small windowed hand tool but its a faff and I would rather know as I am doing it. Its very good on stairs and somethines I am surprised when I have finsihed some stairs and go back with the small tool only to find that they are still black...

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 01:16:43 pm »
I must admit in the past I have cleaned a carpet with a ph 11 prespray extracted with a ph 9.5 extraction solution and tested the carpet and got a ph of 7  ??? . I put it down to the acidic nature of the soils in the carpet, (it was quite dirty). I have also pre sprayed with ph 9 on low soiling and extracted with ph 9.5 and been left with ph 7 again.
Goodness knows if my wand has extracted all of the prespray residues from the carpet. My guess would be that is virtually impossible with most wands and extractors as there is always some soiling left, to a certain degree, therefore there should be a little prespray left too. I generally extract at about 350psi with two 02 jets so that's a fair amount of flow, I cant imagine some of these old 50psi extractors being all that efficient though.
With regard to chemical build up is that really a problem if modern cleaning solutions are used according to their specifications? Some are even designed to specifically leave a residue.
Anyway this is an excellent discussion but it has diverted slightly from my original question. I do appreciate the other comments but has anyone ever used Chemspec Prekleen, and was it any good?

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 01:18:45 pm »
Duchman, I was writing my post as you was writing yours.. I see you have used Preekleen, thanks.

dutchman

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 01:34:29 pm »
Cheers. I always brush it in and leave it for a few mins before extracting. It seems to work well enough. I have used Enz all many times as well but now only on synthetics as its not recommended for wool.