Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cohen

Gum on block paving
« on: January 15, 2019, 04:00:40 pm »
Any ideas on gum removal??large large area heavily gummed.. entrance way to a cinema so loads of old and new globs..I’ve used freeze spray on a small job , but this is to big...i just don’t seem to get full removal from past jobs..I’m running a big Honda 360 with 21 lt pm from an inter pump ,so power is not the issue...I have never run a hot box ,is this the way??chemical??Its a plum job but has to be done perfectly!!!!!any advice

Smudger

Re: Gum on block paving
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 04:10:03 pm »
Heat

we have hotbox's that steam 150 degrees - chewing gum has no chance

you can hire a hot pressure washer they can get to 120 degrees - you would need electric supply ( usually ) and that will do the job

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:37 am »
Hello Darran

Are u using a generator to power ur hot boxes, as having an electrical supply is the reason I have not bothered picking one up.

Matt

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 05:23:10 pm »
Hi Matt -

my Hotbox's are diesel but you need 240 supply for the ignition for this I use a 2Kva Genny - if I had thought harder about it I would have got the version that runs off a 12v battery

I know the hire pressure washers will need mains supply and won't run off a genny - well not off mine that are 6.5 Kva

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 07:57:35 am »
A hotbox requires very little power (it’s just a fan) a big enough transformer should run it from a machine or van 12v supply.

My mates runs his van pack burner from the van battery with a transformer.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Aqua Power Solutions

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:47:39 pm »
Combination of pressure and heat is all you require to remove gum from block paving . 
Price accordingly as can be time consuming depending on soiled area
Ed
Aqua Power Solutions external property maintenance 01423 541 400 Mobile 0752 158 3240  Visit our Facebook page for examples of our work https://www.facebook.com/Aqua-Power-Solutions-332485570200950/

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 10:42:06 pm »
I'm running a hotbox off the machine battery via an inverter in one van and the H&M will also be run off an inverter and it's own battery.

Machine battery - crocodile clips & leads/tails to inverter (inverter changes 12v to 240 v) - hotbox (240 volt) plugged into inverter - inverter switched on - Boom hot water!!!

As has been said - you need very little power to run a hotbox.

Roland S

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 08:53:26 pm »
i've got a hotbox but don't carry uit around with me generally. can anyone recommend a decent gum remover that will soften it so i can lift the odd spot off with cold pressure?