Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Resin leak
« on: January 07, 2019, 02:31:15 pm »
Any ideas whats causing resin to pass through to tank?     Think its been very
 gradual over a period of time.  I noticed when changing resin the bottles seems to contain less then I started but thought that was probably down to it being wet.

Noticed resin in my strainers so checked tank and seems I have a a blanket of resin lying on the bottom.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Spruce

Re: Resin leak
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 03:06:20 pm »
 gradual over a period of time.  I noticed when changing resin the bottles seems to contain less then I started but thought that was probably down to it being wet.

Noticed resin in my strainers so checked tank and seems I have a a blanket of resin lying on the bottom.

I would check as either the riser tube has come out of the head or one of the filter baskets is damaged. There is an o ring the the head which is supposed to seal the riser tube so that would be something to check as well.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 03:52:23 pm »

I would check as either the riser tube has come out of the head or one of the filter baskets is damaged. There is an o ring the the head which is supposed to seal the riser tube so that would be something to check as well.

Thanks.  They look normal to me.   Only 3 years old and have been looked after and handled well.   Might need to replace the riser tube then.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 12:14:50 pm »
I did run a test yesterday by diverting my pure from the Di bottles straight to a clean bucket.

Ran test 5 times on filling bucket.  After water settled I could see about 4 to 5 grains of resin.   So it's not a massive leak but very slow that looks likes it's built over a long period of time.

Is this normal?

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:03:28 pm »
What brand resin is it? I hear there has been some dodgy stuff, apparently the resin beads begin to break down and thus make it through the vessels internal strainers.
Comfortably Numb!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 05:21:09 pm »
What brand resin is it? I hear there has been some dodgy stuff, apparently the resin beads begin to break down and thus make it through the vessels internal strainers.

I'm still using Tulsion resin from the usual top suppliers.  My Di vessels should be good quality ones  fitted and supplied by Grippa.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 10:49:00 am »
I would try another brand of resin and test that, you will know for sure then what's at fault.
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 07:27:45 pm »
I thought resin beads were plastic and so should not be able to break down , just a thought !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 07:30:31 pm »
Being as we are talking resin , has anybody else had their resin turn white whilst in use ?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 07:54:57 pm »
I ordered and received new upgraded riser tubes from the grippa chaps.  Should be fixed at the weekend when I install them.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 08:29:56 pm »
I thought resin beads were plastic and so should not be able to break down , just a thought !

The info came from Doug at Daqua.

I've never had it myself but stopped using Tulsion a couple of years ago as it's too inconsistent regardless of supplier.

Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 08:34:26 pm »
Perhaps mine is a new type of colour change resin then , dont seem to be duff as my resin only has to polish down from 002 anyway , even the crapest on the market would do for me !

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 08:49:04 pm »
Wooo, perhaps I have some of that degrading resin, this was 75% full not 50% when I last looked!
No way it would have gone though the strainer I have fitted

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 05:14:50 pm »
Wooo, perhaps I have some of that degrading resin, this was 75% full not 50% when I last looked!

Interesting. Time for more experiments me thinks.  Come on chaps.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 05:19:03 pm »

That filter can only hold a couple of ltr maximum I cannot see that lasting long evan with minimal water usage

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:20 pm »
It lasts for donkeys , it only gets 002 as feed remember !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 10:43:36 am »
It lasts for donkeys , it only gets 002 as feed remember !

If it holds 2 litres and according to resin calculators, assumimg you are using 1000 litres a week polishing at 002 the resin should last 6 months there abouts

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 04:43:14 pm »
gotta be about that I reckon ^^^ but to be honest I dont really check it like that as even if the resin got depleted without me knowing it would only be going into the van at 002 anyway , as I have another of the RO vessels on the van with resin in then it would give me about 12 months to realise the my TDS had jumped  ;D