This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Largest number of first cleans at once?
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:38:38 pm »
I've taken on trad runs with anything upto 250 houses at a time but what's the most you have converted in the one go.
If you were to do a large amount again what Gardiner brush, jets and flow rate would you use.

SB Cleaning

Re: Largest number of first cleans at once?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 08:29:50 pm »
I've taken on trad runs with anything upto 250 houses at a time but what's the most you have converted in the one go.
If you were to do a large amount again what Gardiner brush, jets and flow rate would you use.
So your taking on traditional work and converting to WFP??

Spotfree

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 09:01:18 pm »
Any house is a first clean if not been pole'd before.

They can be hard work and each one is different,  if your meticulous (like me) then an hour is not unheard of for a £10-£15 job.

I suppose your standards, fitness and drive are all factors. As is how much work you already have to get around each week. Days are short this time of year and the weather is un-predictable.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 09:27:38 pm »
Not all first cleans are equel, some might have not seen a windie for Ten years, be by the side of a busy road under a cloud of powerstation ash, others may have been done by WFP two months ago, I usually allow up to three times as long on a first clean which with talking to the customer and trying to be as professional as possible could easily be an hour on a £10-£15 job as posted, if you are converting a lot of trad jobs, yes they will take a bit longer than normal but not the three times, also you might have the benifit of some of the houses been similer and a lot of the usual problems are overcome,(such as access,snags,hidden windows,etc),
I cant believe many WFP's rush first cleans as we will have all seen the issues that can arise but if your expecting a high fall out from the trad conversion you might get away with it.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 10:17:43 pm »
I'm talking about taking on trad runs and converting them to wfp, I didn't think it would be much use asking the question on here. As I've said, I've previously taken on up to 250 at a time and changed them straight to wfp and just looking to see what the most anyone has done at the one time.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »
I went from trad to wfp and converted all my customers over not sure how many in total but over 200 I did half the amount houses wfp that I did trad on the first clean per day , I thought I had made a huge mistake but by the third clean I was starting to get the hang of it all and haven’t looked back since

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:08:26 am »
Its a strange question i suppose.
However ive not really bought any rounds in order to convert, but i did convert my own round from trad to wfp not long back and that was ober 250 customers. 
As soon as i was up n running i just worked through the round converting them straight over.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:29:37 pm »
Maybe only relevant to the second half of your question because I've no experience of converting trad round to wfp but I do as follows ( if it warrants it ) for a first clean.
Soft flocked brush with fan jets full flow. Frames, glass, everything - blast the crud off. By the time I'm back to where I started and changed brush to my regular cleaning one and flow setting, I clean the glass only as I would do normally.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 05:47:40 pm »
no idea, ive got 33 first cleans to do next week though

robbo333

Re: Largest number of first cleans at once? New
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 05:54:00 pm »
I'm talking about taking on trad runs and converting them to wfp, I didn't think it would be much use asking the question on here. As I've said, I've previously taken on up to 250 at a time and changed them straight to wfp and just looking to see what the most anyone has done at the one time.

So why bother posting?
You [Modded] idiot!

Mod note: I understand the sentiment but no need for the language!  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 06:02:59 pm »
OOOH Someones had a good day at work.  Ya dumpling

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 06:09:01 pm »
no idea, ive got 33 first cleans to do next week though
How have you picked those up? Facebook?

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 06:14:05 pm »
just done the same as you

i allowed 12-14 aday only as some were bad real bad , we used around 700 lts of water per day doing this ,  out of the 220 trad customers i binned or they didnt like wfp 88 so far after three months

there was alot of change for them with us not collecting and full houses from 8 pounds i payed 0,8% of the monthly clean hope this helps

robbo333

Re: Largest number of first cleans at once? New
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 06:27:20 pm »
OOOH Someones had a good day at work.  Ya [Modded]

Not a bad day actually.
So how have you converted 250?
Well done for that...(no seriously).
How have you done it?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 07:05:01 pm »
I've got a few hundred to change over but buying and selling runs isn't discussed on here as most have started out on trad building up a run then within the last ten years or so converted them over to wfp.
88 out of 220 is a huge drop out, I would expect at most 20%. Took on 50 in a small town last year and from that I've increased the turnover even though there's the expected drop outs there's been a few come on along with some price rises, too many with cony's that weren't getting charged extra etc ???

So with the fairly large task at hand I'm considering ordering different brushes from what I've got. The Ultimate med soft seems to be a good all rounder but I'm interested to see what people would go for before I order a couple of brushes.
Brushes I have in the van are; old superlite mixed med with pencil jets (decent), rest are fan jets, couple of different extremes which aren't suitable, Ultimate 35cm stiff-medium, supreme medium which is quite good and sill brush flocked single trim. 

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 07:32:38 pm »
just done the same as you

i allowed 12-14 aday only as some were bad real bad , we used around 700 lts of water per day doing this ,  out of the 220 trad customers i binned or they didnt like wfp 88 so far after three months

there was alot of change for them with us not collecting and full houses from 8 pounds i payed 0,8% of the monthly clean hope this helps
That's another point with the previous company it was all collecting but I'm wanting emails for aworka invoicing and paying by bank transfer with the preference being Gocardless. Folks should prefer that anyway as they don't have the bill mounting up (if it does it's their fault and service stops until paid) or someone chapping the door when their eating dinner etc.