Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MarkSutcliffe

Craftex - powders
« on: January 04, 2019, 06:44:03 pm »
Hello

Guy near me swears by craftex premium clean as an in tank.. bought one and tbh it works really well on oil and grease.. Smells nice too..

ANy negatives that i might not have heard?

I have mainly pre-sprays (their enzyme is pretty good too btw) but this stuff works well, i'm just trying to figure out if it's going to damage my pump, or leave residues (been told that this won't rot pumps, but prochem will)

john martin

Re: Craftex - powders
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 06:56:23 pm »
no . youl do no harm , just make your cleaning better in general , i wouldnt be without UM intank , which is highly similar in ingredients to the craftex premium .

AJB

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:36:00 pm »
My pumps wear out through use, never from Premium clean.
At least not in last 20 years.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 08:49:03 pm »
two belting replies

my training told me to use prespray for the bad bits, in tank for the rest, but then loads go on about in tank being the devil and pre sprays needing neutralising

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 09:49:48 pm »
Cant say I have ever used Craftex Premium Clean. Looking at their range of chems I just wish they had an extraction detergent at ph 9.  Everything they have is either over 10.5 or under 8, but you can go up to 9 even 9.5 on a massive range of carpets without worrying.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 10:08:50 pm »
not a single thing in that range, how strange..

microsplitter is 8.5 but at 1:5 or 1:20 not the most cost effective..

i've got a bottle of catalyst i bought by mistake..

john martin

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 10:49:54 pm »
two belting replies

my training told me to use prespray for the bad bits, in tank for the rest,

it can be both together , like prespray but still use intank  , dosn't have to be a high percentage solution intank  , just shake a bit in and adjust concentration to what works for you , dont worry about recommendated percentages or PH, its just a recommendation  ...  even the craftex label says to increase it for heavier soiling , its all subjective .   And there is no consistant standard between different manufacturers either , so make your own.

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 11:05:12 pm »

Catalyst works really well.

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 11:29:28 pm »

As a pre spray? Might have to try it.. It's only sat there anyway :p

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2019, 06:47:46 pm »

As a pre spray? Might have to try it.. It's only sat there anyway :p

As an encap/shampoo when bonnet cleaning with a rotary.

timbolincs

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 09:17:05 am »
I use two in tank powders, ultimate master, which  is very very good,  and Ashbys supreme powder which im trying at the moment and i have to say that it is looking very good indeed and slightky more economical. Amazes me Ashbys solutions rarely get a mention....

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 07:01:42 am »
I think none of the companies mentioned have a manufacturing  facility, I believe they buy in their chemicals  from a own label supplier , I would’nt be surprised if they are all the same with a different label and a different perfume.

I remember years ago talking to a company I think they were called Bio production who told me they made own label chemicals for a lot of smaller carpet cleaning suppliers.

Edited**** http://bio-productions.com/products/
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 09:29:09 pm »
a link to that company shows in some Ashbys products  ...

heres another source  ...  ashbys powder and other products are from here ...
http://fluidtechnology.co.uk/

cant tell right now where alltec or solutions etc get theres from as they dont give much away  ...  could well be same sources though

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:16:04 pm »
Shame they don't tell direct..

that said the amounts i use they wouldn't sell that little...

buy a pot from a distribute and it's good for about 200 carpets! pretty good really

John Kelly

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 09:12:03 am »
There are hundreds of chemical companies in the UK . A quick look on Google and I have identified over 50 within 30 miles of me. As a supplier the sales reps are always knocking on your door trying to drum up business. You do business on their reputation and on what they can offer you at the right time, quality and price. Unfortunately some of them are crap. We had one supplier who we used to get a very good leather cleaner from send us 8 cases of toilet cleaner labelled as leather cleaner. Luckily it was a different colour so we realised the mistake. Imagine if it had been the same colour. Obviously wouldn't touch them with a bargepole again.

john martin

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:36:13 am »
Should probably distinguish between a supplier and those working with the raw product to formulate ,which the one in the link looks like it does .   Supplier on the other hand to me is someone who's gone to these guys and gets a labeled range of products made and then goes round to hotels and business etc to build a customer base .

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 11:39:35 am »
I use Craftex premium and on some EOT and office carpets I have and still do use the Craftex  Regular powder as an intank solution. it leaves a pleasant smell is very good at removing soiled traffic lanes and draught marks, is economical and keeps my machine free from scale build up. there is no need to acid rinse afterwards as it will crystalize when dry therefor minimum to no residue left behind. Brilliant on regular monthly maintenance cleaning in conference and function rooms, and very economical.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2019, 05:12:00 pm »
i just started using ultimate master again this week, i've been using high heat, that i like then i have been using solutions crystal rinse, also good, but out of them all i do like the results of UM, the visible results somehow seem better, nice smell too, the reason i stopped using it was because it tends to fir up my hoses at the end of the female quick releases, i started having the same problem with high heat since the name was rebranded to Optimal rinse, could be coincidence, but when using solution crystal rinse, the connects are as clear as a bell, so my plan is UM until it firs, then a couple of day with crystal rinse to clear the pipes

john martin

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2019, 09:30:48 pm »
agree UM seems to add a certain xfactor to the results .  Id say its formulated way different than years ago also , it now dissolves in almost cold water , and its  a finer powder without the bigger gritty bits that usen' t dissolve good.
Cant say i notice much furring , even on the immersion element of the enforcer compare to years ago ,but it looks like its the acidic nature of the crystal rince thats dissolving your white furry bits .  If that works , fine ...  if you got some citric acid powder (or any acid )and shook some into the tank and ran a hot cycle through you hose ,that would do the same ,probably quicker .

Nobby

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 08:17:17 am »
I hear so many good things about UM but I note the manufacturers state it should not be used at high temperatures, does everybody keep the temperature down or just go in as hot as the carpets requires.  If it’s used above 60 it diesn’t self neutralise, is anyone worried about that on wool?  Wouldn’t it be best to use Fibresafe Gold at high temperature?