This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

Univalve with gardiner poles
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:46:33 pm »
Hi lads does anyone uses the univalve with a Gardiner pole? I like to use the carbon gooseneck just wondering how you would stop the hose being pulled too much using the carbon goosenecks.
Dave.

Spruce

Re: Univalve with gardiner poles
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:17:21 pm »
Hi lads does anyone uses the univalve with a Gardiner pole? I like to use the carbon gooseneck just wondering how you would stop the hose being pulled too much using the carbon goosenecks.

One of the local lads uses Gardiner carbon fiber gooseneck s and Univalves with both of his Gardiner poles.  He did say that its a bit of a challenge feeding the hose through but its not that difficult.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dave0123

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 05:34:40 pm »

One of the local lads uses Gardiner carbon fiber gooseneck s and Univalves with both of his Gardiner poles.  He did say that its a bit of a challenge feeding the hose through but its not that difficult.

Thanks for that. So looks possible to do then, it's just the John guest connection am mainly wondering about to change the goosenecks faster wondering if it would keep pulling out the John guest fitting
Dave.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 06:15:02 pm »

its no problem .....i use a carbon gooseneck for some jobs and its quick release with JG fitting,it doesnt affect its operation at all and i use hot water....

the standard plastic goosenecks can cause a problem if you dont tighten an o ring on the hose coming out the top of the gooseneck to stop it sliding down too much though......(the hose comes out of the brush connector and slides out the bottom of your pole! ::)roll ;D)
price higher/work harder!

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 06:55:43 pm »

its no problem .....i use a carbon gooseneck for some jobs and its quick release with JG fitting,it doesnt affect its operation at all and i use hot water....

the standard plastic goosenecks can cause a problem if you dont tighten an o ring on the hose coming out the top of the gooseneck to stop it sliding down too much though......(the hose comes out of the brush connector and slides out the bottom of your pole! ::)roll ;D)

Thanks for that. The o ring at the top don't you need that then with the carbon gooseneck? I thought it would still pull through!. I don't use the plastic quick loq system as just use the carbon goosenecks and change brushes with goosenecks already on if that makes sense.
Dave.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:13:57 pm »

Thanks for that. The o ring at the top don't you need that then with the carbon gooseneck? I thought it would still pull through!. I don't use the plastic quick loq system as just use the carbon goosenecks and change brushes with goosenecks already on if that makes sense.

The local lad has a couple of goosenecks which are different lengths.  He uses a John Guest hose connector on the brush side of the Univalve. He leaves the pipe in the inside of each gooseneck and just connects at the JG fitting when swapping over.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 01:51:05 am »
Thanks spruce
Dave.