This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

BOAB.......what do you guys use?
« on: January 04, 2019, 04:33:47 pm »
i badly needed a new BOAB a few months ago so just bought a cheap blue pulex one and forgot it comes with a stupid little belt clip that detaches... ::)roll.....anyway ive lost the belt clip so its useless as you cant seem to buy the belt clips anywhere.....

the original unger ones are crap(squeegee rubber gets caught on the side of the holster),i have got a very old double squeegee unger one but its well worn and just about had it....

anyway ive ordered a cheap grey one from screwfix,it looks exactly like the blue pulex one but it seems it hasnt got the detachable belt clip from the photos(hopefully!).... ::)roll

what do you guys use for the little bit of trad work you still do?
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

Re: BOAB.......what do you guys use?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 05:02:16 pm »
Ive always used the blue pulex ones in all the yrs ive been cleaning windows, but i keep the belt clip on my belt as i always wear one pouch which keeps a wet rag in to wipe my pole hose down.

Two boabs came onto the market last year, the samari (i think it was called) and the gun slinger. However time has revealled them to be not so great and many have got rid of the gun slinger.  Well according to you tube and the facebook pages.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Johnny B

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 07:36:39 pm »
How much are you looking to spend Daz?

I have an Unger Ninja. It cost around 15 quid I think. Like most BOABs the squeegee blade rubs against the inside of it, but I have a solution to that.

When I first started out in '97 I used the Unger Classic which seemed ok at the time. Window Cleaning Warehouse still sell them.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

markymark

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:55:36 pm »
I glued a piece of old squeegee rubber on the inside of the boab to stop the squeegee blade rubbing and catching. Dunno if anyone has a similar or better idea but it works for me.
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Johnny B

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 08:03:47 pm »
I glued a piece of old squeegee rubber on the inside of the boab to stop the squeegee blade rubbing and catching. Dunno if anyone has a similar or better idea but it works for me.

I tried similar (without the glue!) but now just put the squeegee and washer in the same slot.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 08:23:21 pm »
How much are you looking to spend Daz?

I have an Unger Ninja. It cost around 15 quid I think. Like most BOABs the squeegee blade rubs against the inside of it, but I have a solution to that.

When I first started out in '97 I used the Unger Classic which seemed ok at the time. Window Cleaning Warehouse still sell them.

John

the unger classics were the worst for catching your squeegee blade on! ;D

ive ordered a bentley grey one from screwfix,ill pick it up on my way home from work tomorrow.....£16.....

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »
im impressed with the grey bentley BOAB from screwfix...picked it up this afternoon...its basically the same as the blue pulex one but its got a belt clip that doesnt detach completely from the holster....it also sits higher on my belt which is better as the pulex one hung lower which i wasnt a fan of....also no catching my squeegee blade in the holster! :D