This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Resin Disposal & the environment.
« on: January 03, 2019, 09:44:08 am »
Was having a think over the holidays, what with all this plastic thats ending up in our oceans, and fish swallowing micro beads of plastic etc.

What's the deal with resin disposal and the environment? As they are basicly polystyrene beads, i just throw away for landfill rubbish, but is there any risk of these beads getting into out waters.?

Was just one of those pondering thoughts over the break.

Spotfree

Re: Resin Disposal & the environment.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 10:01:37 am »
I took mine to the recycling centre, they told me to throw it in the household waste, so it goes in my black bin now.

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 10:07:08 am »
Does SOME of our landfill not end up in Vietnam or some other country that we pay to take it off our hands?
So it could end up in the sea when it gets across the sea

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/environment/uk-plastic-pollution-oceans-recycling-export-waste-malaysia-vietnam-thailand-a8400761.html%3famp

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 04:04:58 pm »
Was having a think over the holidays, what with all this plastic thats ending up in our oceans, and fish swallowing micro beads of plastic etc.

What's the deal with resin disposal and the environment? As they are basicly polystyrene beads, i just throw away for landfill rubbish, but is there any risk of these beads getting into out waters.?

the worlds f***ed anyway mate......i dont know why you even bother thinking about it....i just put it in my black bin in a plastic bag.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 04:18:32 pm »
Just rebag it and sell as new on ebay  ;D :D :D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:27:14 pm »

the worlds f***ed anyway mate......i dont know why you even bother thinking about it....i just put it in my black bin in a plastic bag.... ;D
Mine gets thrown down the drain in the street ;D

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:34 pm »
you carry on thinking and spending money while here in new york theres 30 tonne of rubbish a minute being thrown away and people here couldnt careless what happens to the sea shame but the truth so until the boy countrys start there no point

dd

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2019, 09:04:20 am »
If your RO works well you don't need resin. I have not used any in over 10 years.

Elfyn

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:27:09 pm »
I take mine to the plastic recyling.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:36:29 pm »
the worlds f***ed anyway mate......i dont know why you even bother thinking about it

Multiply this attitude by 7 billion and you have the reason why the world's f***ed.

Vin

a900

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »
How about never throwing away your resin again ...
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-09/nftt/index.php

Spotfree

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 08:05:36 am »

Great Idea...too busy to go through that process though.

cleaniac

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 11:48:26 am »

That is flipping brilliant.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 05:45:20 pm »

Agree, if you cant beat em join em, i just wang mine in bin wheelie bin  ;)