Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleaniac

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2019, 12:26:38 pm »
Everyone is entitled to try new things dry clean.

Personally for me.. all you need is.

Pure water (keep your tds at 000)
A pump
A battery
A tank
Hose reel
Pole
Some heat if you fancy it( makes the hoses a bit easier to manage in the winter and stops freezing but thats about it)
Van
Customers
And labour.

That's it. You don't need anything else. My system is basic to say the least, but it does the job

nathankaye

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2019, 12:40:33 pm »
I believe i have!

Nathan you're the type guy who if you stuck your finger up in the air and said it was going to rain, if it then rained that would be proof enough that your finger can predict the weather, there are a few more on here like that but most of us take a more sensible aproach to things.

This is tedious sean.
You change the goal posts all the time. Check out the videos im sure you will find it and if not, i can quite happily dedicate a vid to you 😎😂
Im trying not very hard not to be that chap who sticks a certain finger in the air tho 😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2019, 12:43:01 pm »
Everyone is entitled to try new things dry clean.

Personally for me.. all you need is.

Pure water (keep your tds at 000)
A pump
A battery
A tank
Hose reel
Pole
Some heat if you fancy it( makes the hoses a bit easier to manage in the winter and stops freezing but thats about it)
Van
Customers
And labour.

That's it. You don't need anything else. My system is basic to say the least, but it does the job

Exactly whatever gets the day in, its the silly claims that I challenge not how or what a person wants to work with.

Dry Clean

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2019, 12:46:00 pm »
I believe i have!

Nathan you're the type guy who if you stuck your finger up in the air and said it was going to rain, if it then rained that would be proof enough that your finger can predict the weather, there are a few more on here like that but most of us take a more sensible aproach to things.

This is tedious sean.
You change the goal posts all the time. Check out the videos im sure you will find it and if not, i can quite happily dedicate a vid to you 😎😂
Im trying not very hard not to be that chap who sticks a certain finger in the air tho 😂😂

I have watched your videos and you are no quicker than the guy I mentioned earlier, its all in your head

nathankaye

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2019, 01:15:43 pm »
I know the one you mean, the one which says
"Apologies for the sound"
😂😂
Yoir right it is quite shocking that one, ive just watched it back. Haha at one point the pole hose got tangled in some new miniture fencing they had just put down.
Think ill have to re do that one.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

cleaniac

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2019, 01:23:53 pm »
Calm down ladies...please...we don't want a handbags at dawn thread yet, we haven't even got through January at least leave it till February...PLEASE   :D

Matt Stanley

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2019, 08:28:01 pm »
Same here been using it for the past week, easily earning an extra hours pay per day

Can you describe your technique now you’ve got the rinse bar fitted? Do you scrub frames and glass as normal and then rinse on the glass, or do you scrub and rinse all in one?

Unfortunately I can’t find a definitive demo video....

Just fitted my rinse bar today and looking forward to trying it out properly tomorrow.

jonny thompson

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2019, 10:17:03 pm »
All in one , you will see the water following the brush

Spotfree

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2019, 02:00:37 pm »
I go straight to the window and turn the brush sideways for the top frame, go back then forth on the top frame then swivel the brush over to level again. Up and down twice then I'm done!

If the glass is hydrophobic I might finish with a side to side motion for the rinse but its not really needed, I did a big house inside and out on saturday, all the glass is hydrophobic. I went up and down twice on one half and up and down once on the other before going inside for a brew then onto cleaning the insides, the outsides were perfect.

Its almost criminal how fast you can be with a rinse bar, I have been home for an hour already and I dont start till 9:15. £260 done.

Spotfree

« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2019, 02:09:36 pm »
You do need a good brush for a rinse bar though, the bristles can obstruct the rinse if the splay too much.

I have been trying lots of different brushes and have been struggling to find the right one, I even bought a constructor brush but the rinse bars do not cover the entire brush, and theyre heavy and awkward so its on ebay.

I bought an x line dupont, the ones with the orange inner bristles. I didnt use it much as the bristles were long and a bit awkward for my style. I got the scissors out and gave it a haircut, I cut the out trim down to the same size as the inner trim and I have to say its friggin awesome like that. No splay, super aggressive and light. I love it!

Sometimes you have to take whats on the market into the shed and make it your own. The x line now is ideal, it was only 209 gramms before I cut it down, its probably only 190 gramms now. It still gets into the frames and corners no problem and its all bristle tips on the glass so it shreds the muck.

robbo333

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2019, 04:56:37 pm »
Spotfree, thanks for that info, very informative. Do you use a swivel?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Spotfree

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2019, 06:58:25 pm »

Yes, you wouldnt be able to use a rinse bar without one.

Matt Stanley

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2019, 07:25:26 pm »
Yes, thanks Spotfree - great description. I used mine this afternoon for the first time - I was definitely quicker though it was hard to change my method - 13 years wfp creates long standing habits! I’ve always lingered too long on the glass so anything that will allow me to speed up but maintain quality is great. I’m using a Ultimate 26cm DuPont Medium Hybrid - which I love - but it may splay a bit too much.

I’ll keep experimenting!

nathankaye

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2019, 08:30:40 pm »

Not quite true. I for one dont use a swivel and im an advocate for using spray bars as well.

You right about brushes tho, however saying that a brush needs to be able to clean via using the tips of the bristles so a brush that splays isnt really agitating the dirt. Thats why i use the slightly heavier brush from streamline as the bristles are shorter and firm, even when using hot water.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spotfree

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2019, 08:33:25 pm »
Yes, thanks Spotfree - great description. I used mine this afternoon for the first time - I was definitely quicker though it was hard to change my method - 13 years wfp creates long standing habits! I’ve always lingered too long on the glass so anything that will allow me to speed up but maintain quality is great. I’m using a 26cm DuPont Medium Hybrid - which I love - but it may splay a bit too much.

I’ll keep experimenting!

It does "twist yoyr melon" a bit at first as I was used to scrubbing and rinsing seperatly, now they're combined!
Once you get used to it, and have been checking your work when dried you'll be much more confident and a lot quicker with it. I place a lot of emphasis on quality, I dont have to compromise with a rinse bar. In fact the quality is better, its quicker, use less water and less fatuige. Win,win,win,win!

Spotfree

« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2019, 08:36:59 pm »

Not quite true. I for one dont use a swivel and im an advocate for using spray bars as well.

You right about brushes tho, however saying that a brush needs to be able to clean via using the tips of the bristles so a brush that splays isnt really agitating the dirt. Thats why i use the slightly heavier brush from streamline as the bristles are shorter and firm, even when using hot water.
I find it a lot easier with the swivel, I find WFP alot easier in general with a swivel and would never be without it. It would be like having your elbows fused trying to WFP without a swivel for me now, it gives you so much more freedom of movement and agility.

I've seen your video on youtube mate, if you had a swivel on you would of got them corners!

Give it a try for a month, you'll be glad you did.

Dazzler3370

« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2019, 09:08:07 pm »
Reply to Den,

Are Gardiners bringing the 35cm rinse bar out,,??

Dazzler
Dazzler

Dry Clean

« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2019, 10:15:24 am »
Yes, thanks Spotfree - great description. I used mine this afternoon for the first time - I was definitely quicker though it was hard to change my method - 13 years wfp creates long standing habits! I’ve always lingered too long on the glass so anything that will allow me to speed up but maintain quality is great. I’m using a 26cm DuPont Medium Hybrid - which I love - but it may splay a bit too much.

I’ll keep experimenting!

It does "twist yoyr melon" a bit at first as I was used to scrubbing and rinsing seperatly, now they're combined!
Once you get used to it, and have been checking your work when dried you'll be much more confident and a lot quicker with it. I place a lot of emphasis on quality, I dont have to compromise with a rinse bar. In fact the quality is better, its quicker, use less water and less fatuige. Win,win,win,win!

Explain what those who dont use a rinse bar are compromising on ?

Spotfree

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2019, 11:41:39 am »

I’ll keep experimenting!

Trying something new and being open-minded!

No seriously though nothing at all, I can't speak for others, only myself and my own experience. I re-read my post and can't see any implications there.

I personally feel that if using 2 pencil jets, that high flow causes overspray. I cant "rinse on" on hydrophobic glass as it just doesn't do a good job I know this for a fact as countless times I have seen the results and they're not good enough for me.

I like to try new things and give them an honest and thorough testing (been using rinse bars for over a year). Through that, I come to the conclusion that a rinse bar has many benefits. I can say that because I have tested it properly in all situations and its something I KNOW. Not something I am merely speculating about.

Dry Clean

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2019, 12:08:05 pm »

I’ll keep experimenting!

Trying something new and being open-minded!

No seriously though nothing at all, I can't speak for others, only myself and my own experience. I re-read my post and can't see any implications there.

I personally feel that if using 2 pencil jets, that high flow causes overspray. I cant "rinse on" on hydrophobic glass as it just doesn't do a good job I know this for a fact as countless times I have seen the results and they're not good enough for me.

I like to try new things and give them an honest and thorough testing (been using rinse bars for over a year). Through that, I come to the conclusion that a rinse bar has many benefits. I can say that because I have tested it properly in all situations and its something I KNOW. Not something I am merely speculating about.

I resisted using an extreme brush for years because Id got it into my head that it wasn't up to the job, its only when I opened my eyes/realised that others where using them successfully that I seen sense, if you are not getting good and quick results using pencil jets then its to do with your skills or mindset and not the jets, how do I know this, because others can use them successfully, if using whatever gimmick you need makes YOU better or more confident at your job then why not use it but to say its a game changer when others have already proved its not needed only makes you sound foolish.
Using hot is another example of this, why do you think the more sensible hot users on here just say they like using it and don t make silly unproven claims about its effectiveness  ? think about that.