Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: Rinsing on
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2019, 12:21:25 pm »
I currently use an x-line brush with their fan jets and mine produces far more water than that setup in the video. Twice what’s coming out of that I’d say.

Dry Clean

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2019, 12:28:11 pm »
Funny enough i was cleaning a patio window yesterday which had concrete splatter on and i did consider filming it so it would resolve this silly argueing about hot water and how effective it is on concrete splatter.
A comment above mentioned how he uses lighter poles n equipment because of a shoulder injury and hence my point about a persons physical abilities as to what brush for instance they would use. Then we have sean (dry clean) who feels that a slightly heavier brush is crippling and maybe it is to him because hes a stubborn chappy who believes if it aint broken dont fix it. Therefore disbelieving anyones claim that either a bigger brush or more jets or a rinse bar and even hot faster flowing water will not speed up a person. So therefore using a slightly heavier brush may be crippling when working slightly longer per window than the most of us  ;D

However, each to their own and thats why there is a selection of brushes, jets and rinse bars as everybody works differently and have different preferences.

Why would you fix something that isnt broken ? seriously Nathan do you ever think before you post.

nathankaye

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2019, 12:29:31 pm »
I currently use an x-line brush with their fan jets and mine produces far more water than that setup in the video. Twice what’s coming out of that I’d say.

Was it you matt who was looking for the more powerful pump to use?

With most set ups im assuming that the majority use the sureflow pump which comes as standard and majority use either a 6 mm or 8mm internal diameter hose either as a main or as a pole hose, so not much difference really.
For me its a standard sureflow pump that comes from pure freedom. Using 100 meters of 8mm internal diameter hose and then 6mm rhino hose for a 30ft long pole so about 35ft of additional hose. Shared out between either 6 jets or the spray bar.
Using hot water.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2019, 12:32:40 pm »
Funny enough i was cleaning a patio window yesterday which had concrete splatter on and i did consider filming it so it would resolve this silly argueing about hot water and how effective it is on concrete splatter.
A comment above mentioned how he uses lighter poles n equipment because of a shoulder injury and hence my point about a persons physical abilities as to what brush for instance they would use. Then we have sean (dry clean) who feels that a slightly heavier brush is crippling and maybe it is to him because hes a stubborn chappy who believes if it aint broken dont fix it. Therefore disbelieving anyones claim that either a bigger brush or more jets or a rinse bar and even hot faster flowing water will not speed up a person. So therefore using a slightly heavier brush may be crippling when working slightly longer per window than the most of us  ;D

However, each to their own and thats why there is a selection of brushes, jets and rinse bars as everybody works differently and have different preferences.

Why would you fix something that isnt broken ? seriously Nathan do you ever think before you post.

Manual tools work just fine, the horse and cart worked just fine and fit for the purpose. However people wanted tontry and make something faster etc etc etc to today where its evolved to power tools, powered vehicles and the like.
Its called advancement and not stubornly remaining stale.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2019, 12:57:56 pm »

Manual tools work just fine, the horse and cart worked just fine and fit for the purpose. However people wanted tontry and make something faster etc etc etc to today where its evolved to power tools, powered vehicles and the like.

That's fixing something that is broken (roll eyes) if I was slower and having more quality problems than other shiners  then I expect I would also be looking for gimmicky fixes just like the rest who cant seem to manage without them. if you where quicker and your quality was actually better than all those without your gimmick then you would have an argument but that isn't the case.

Spotfree

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 01:26:18 pm »

That's fixing something that is broken (roll eyes) if I was slower and having more quality problems than other shiners  then I expect I would also be looking for gimmicky fixes just like the rest who cant seem to manage without them. if you where quicker and your quality was actually better than all those without your gimmick then you would have an argument but that isn't the case.

Holier than thou?

nathankaye

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 01:51:18 pm »
Make your mind up DryClean, clarify what you consider as broken in my example given.
Are you saying that horse and cart are not fit for their purpose of transport and manual tools are no longer fit for their purpose?  Why, just because they are slower than what is available because people wanted something faster and more convienient?  Surely though, they are still capable of doing their job effectively and of high standard (esp in the right hands).

So lets go back to all this faffing and gimmicks as you call them. Your method of two jets, light brush and cold water is more than capeable of doing its job and effectively.  Thats fine and dandy but others may wish to go faster etc and use gimmicks as u call them inorder to do so.
Moving forwards with the times whilst leaving the "if its not broken" mind set people behind  :o  ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2019, 02:03:18 pm »

Yup, that was me.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/nfk2wW6fSDNN9aBw7

nathankaye

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2019, 03:03:57 pm »

Yup, that was me.

Nice n powerful, which pump is that?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2019, 03:07:18 pm »
Vyair 10l/min - 4 years old

Den68

« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2019, 03:14:44 pm »
;D ;D ;D

I am interested though as it could well help with getting my water hotter , I currently use about 1.7LPM through Gardiner red fans , if this thing does work well at 1.5LPM then my water will get hotter as it will be in the exchanger longer .
Do all you current users have about 1.5LPM ?

Yes we have two 26cm low pressure rinsebars  and both of us are happy with 1.5lpm,

When using two pencil jets you see the water hitting the glass in two places and then you get splash back from them jets leaving big gaps in between outside the two points of contact.
With the rinsebar you get 16 microjets hitting the same pane of glass the same width of the brush now imagine a dot to dot drawing if you connect them 16 dots together you get a straight line which is wall of water above the brush that wall of water with minimum splashback follows your brush rinsing on, lots of energy and time saved rinsing on the glass instead of rinsing off.

Everyone so far on this thread that owns one as said how good it is if there is anyone that owns that think is a sack of shhyte please giv their opinion why maybe they haven’t slightly changed their technique yet.

Who's everyone ?  you have Nathan K who thinks hot water melts concrete and being fit and young is a genuine reason for using heavy gear, yourself and a guy who got one to test for free, lets be honest this may attract a few faffers but most wont even give it the time of day, when rinsing with the brush on the glass the brush stops splash back and forces the water back onto the glass, I shouldnt have to explain why this'll  is better than 10 or more dribbles running down from above it.

Think the five  'everyone''  on this thread that actually own one  Have nothing but positive things to say about them, havnt seen one bad comment from someone that owns a rinsebar or used one.
After purchasing my first rinsebar My son and I was so impressed I bought another must be some fad gadget 🙄 Which I'm really glad about as I paid for itself immediately by finishing early and the biggest bonus that I will finish earlier each day now.

Like riding a bike and driving a car both will get you to a to b but completely different to operate.

Because I drive a combo doesn't mean I would assume what  custom or vivaro drives could guess but I really wouldn't know without trying them out.

Spotfree

« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2019, 04:01:02 pm »

Yup, that was me.

Thats a friggin jetwash! Do you even need to agitate?

Slacky

« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:51 pm »
Dunno, i still do though.  I dont get complaints  ;D

I also have a Grippa hot water system, i basically think of it as nuking when i turn up to brush glass.

nathankaye

« Reply #73 on: January 16, 2019, 04:22:35 pm »
Do u run it of a normal leisure battery, seperately just for the pump?
Whats the ampage required for that
10 lpm?

Its overkill on normal residential i would have thought, but sure makes light work of it.
But then any higher than 3rd floor wouldnt be a problem either. Like the idea of that.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Spotfree

« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2019, 04:27:55 pm »

I also have a Grippa hot water system, i basically think of it as nuking when i turn up to brush glass.

Next level that, I wonder who else has been googling them pumps?

Slacky

« Reply #75 on: January 16, 2019, 04:41:25 pm »

Next level that, I wonder who else has been googling them pumps?

I spent a bit of time deciding the best combination of gear, but the result was I wanted to be able to walk up to a window and within seconds walk away. Its about making miney, not pansying about waiting for the water to get to the bottom of the glass. I spoke to Alex, Oliver and also another pump manufacturer who i was going to visit. Theyd offered to give me a 18 litre/min pump so long as I spoke well of it on here. In the end i think i went away on holiday and couldnt be faffed with it,  basically because youre always limited by the smallest connector on your system. Its no good having 10mm pipework if the diameter of a connector is 4mm.

Anyway, its probs about as good as it can get. When i get bored i tend to obsess about how i could ramp it up a bit more. When i did the glass on a huge school in London (2 of us were there for 10 days straight) i wanted to have 1/2" hose but just couldnt get it all to come together for one reason or another. When you use that much water you have to to be able to produce it just as fast as well...

Slacky

« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2019, 04:42:59 pm »
Do u run it of a normal leisure battery, seperately just for the pump?
Whats the ampage required for that
10 lpm?

Its overkill on normal residential i would have thought, but sure makes light work of it.
But then any higher than 3rd floor wouldnt be a problem either. Like the idea of that.

I have 2 x 110 amp leisure batteries. Dont forget I have the grippa hot water setup to power as well. Ive got in to the habit lately of charging up every night recently.

Dry Clean

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2019, 10:14:58 am »
Make your mind up DryClean, clarify what you consider as broken in my example given.
Are you saying that horse and cart are not fit for their purpose of transport and manual tools are no longer fit for their purpose?  Why, just because they are slower than what is available because people wanted something faster and more convienient?  Surely though, they are still capable of doing their job effectively and of high standard (esp in the right hands).

So lets go back to all this faffing and gimmicks as you call them. Your method of two jets, light brush and cold water is more than capeable of doing its job and effectively.  Thats fine and dandy but others may wish to go faster etc and use gimmicks as u call them inorder to do so.
Moving forwards with the times whilst leaving the "if its not broken" mind set people behind  :o  ::)roll

Its not hard Nathan but will give you an example, if you're getting spotting on the glass then you look for ways to solve fix it, if you're not getting spotting on the glass then it doesn't need fixed solved, again think before you post.
As for speed, theres a video that has been  put up on here many times of a guy cleaning the front a detached property in minutes using cold water that wasn't PPB, full of additives, a brush that wasn't a brick loaded with jets and so on, when you can prove that you're faster than him then waffle about your gimmicky game changers making a difference.

nathankaye

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2019, 12:06:10 pm »
I believe i have!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:48 pm »
I believe i have!

Nathan you're the type guy who if you stuck your finger up in the air and said it was going to rain, if it then rained that would be proof enough that your finger can predict the weather, there are a few more on here like that but most of us take a more sensible aproach to things.