This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

joe34

Pump problem
« on: January 02, 2019, 05:29:07 pm »
Hi , just wondered if anyone could help i have two shurflo pumps in my van and one of them has stopped pumping water through.
It turns on ok and sounds normal enough.  This has happened before but i use to sort this out by putting my mouth round the outlet and sucking the water through lol but it doesn' t seem to work now plus i'm getting some funny looks getting down on my hand and knees and doing this :) Does anyone know anything eles i can try?

dazmond

Re: Pump problem
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »
is the pump running constantly but no water coming through?if yes then i disconnect the hose from the reel and run pump on full blast while connecting and disconnecting a few times....within 5 mins the airlocks gone and pump working normally...

if the pump is dead ending( with pole tap open)then the calibration needs setting higher until the pump runs continually.....
price higher/work harder!

joe34

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:03:45 pm »
Yes it's constantly running but no water. I'll give that ago mate thankyou

advanced

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 08:27:28 pm »
Sounds like airlock

nathanharrison

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:41:54 pm »
I used to have the same problem  for ages, doing exactly the same as you by sucking water thru, not great. I finally solved it. The feeder hose from the tank to the pump needs to have an inverse U bend. I mean it needs to rise up about 20cm before falling back down to the pump. This ensures that no airlocks ever get into the pump as there will always be some water dropping into it. I did this about 3 months ago and have not had a problem since, I cant believe it was such a simple solution.

Hope that works for you. If I haven't explained it well enough let me know and I'll post a photo

andyM

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 08:33:18 am »
These plastic non return valves are supposed to help prevent airlocks:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/132838457764?chn=ps

I bought one about 5 years ago with the intention of fitting it, but I never got round to it and it's still in the cupboard.
One of the Plebs