This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Flats above shops
« on: December 20, 2018, 09:50:55 am »
I tried to clean the flats the day before the shops get done like today but it's teaming it down with rain. I feel it's a bit poopy walking away with the water splashing over a cafes windows and their customers are probably thinking what a twat.
Carry on regardless?

simon w

Re: Flats above shops
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:10:41 am »
Do the flats and shops on the same day. No point in wasting time driving back the following day to finish what can be done on the same day. Water Fed Pole the flats windows before 9am and squeegee applicator the shop windows after water fed pole work is finished. Issue invoice and move onto your next job.

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 10:16:17 am »
Ah problem is I don't do the shops. Weekly cleans aren't my thing.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:21:55 am »
Carry on - if there's a complaint decide whether its worth the hassle or drop them,

if the shops are done weekly it shouldn't make an difference to them unless your getting their customers wet

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:30 am »
Are you cleaning all of the flat windows for a management company or just privately for tenants and owners?

If water dripping on shop windows isn't excessive or causing any damage just clean before shops open and move onto next job.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 10:58:28 am »
We have a couple of commercials over shops that we don’t clean & don’t want to. They’re a good price so we wip over just the affected shop windows. The one time we didn’t one of the shops complained to the business above. I knew I should’ve trusted my instinct & had to make a special trip back. Only took minutes to clean. Just try to price accordingly or drop if too much hassle.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 12:52:02 pm »
Any call I get that are above shops or other apartments I advise them to speak with the property below.   I advise them they should ideally use the same wc to do the job the same time. 

It means I am passing work off but that's the best solution for the customer.  If the wc that the shop uses only covers low level then I hint to the customer again that both parties ideally will need the same wc.  This means the shop would then have to change wc's or accept resposiblity that dirt from above when being cleaned may mess their windows up.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

NWH

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 01:33:51 pm »
I do a couple first thing in the morning,I don’t clean 1 of the shops below 1 of them,everyone’s entitled to have there Windows cleaned that’s my view.
I do blocks of flats too but I have some below on the second floor that don’t have them cleaned,I carry on regardless and they do get wet below if they had me clean there’s they wouldn’t have a problem would they lol.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 08:08:12 pm »
i wouldnt take the job on in the first place.....as for cleaning windows in the rain....just crack on regardless unless its really heavy rain with strong winds......
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:09 pm »
I've got a few flats there so I'll either do them early as said or drop them.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 09:55:19 pm »
I have about a dozen i do but they are money for nothing really so I don’t mind doing them,I charge 20 for en they have about 4-5 Windows on each.
They were getting done for 3-50 £4 a flat and the guy obviously stopped coming,they are happy to get someone to do them.

David Beecroft

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 07:39:31 pm »
Regarding flats above shops, the home owners have a right to have their windows cleaned. I try to go early so I’m out of the way by the time they open but if the shop windows get wet I just leave them that way after all what do they do when it’s raining?  Obviously I don’t deliberately get water on the shop windows but if it happens it’s only water! 😐