This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

Soaking wet!
« on: December 19, 2018, 09:08:44 pm »
Again today! thats like 4 days in a row, tomorrows looking grim too.

Let it rain though, let it snow, hail and thunder for all I care.

It's the last day this year then 16 days off, well earnt too even if I do say so myself.

mufcglen

Re: Soaking wet!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:24:03 pm »
Been fantastic in Stockport, nice and sunny ;D

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »
Whats Rain ?

we had some wet stuff fall out the sky several weeks ago - such a shock it made the local news !!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 10:55:30 pm »
Been fantastic in Stockport, nice and sunny ;D

And Bristol.
It's a game of three halves!

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 11:16:27 pm »
It's been rain and strong winds most of Nov & Dec in the Westcountry, still perservere most days, got to otherwise get too far behind

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 12:32:12 am »
I hate the Westcountry  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

zesty

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 08:46:25 am »
I wouldn’t be a window cleaner if I lived in the west.

Or north.

Or north east.

Or Scotland.

Or wales.

;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:16:40 pm »
North West here in Cheshire is pretty good for not losing too many days to the weather

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 04:03:53 pm »
today was atrocious!......even i cant believe how i managed to get my scheduled work cleaned but i did.....glad to be home and dry now....both sets of waterproofs soaked through,even my hiking trousers leaked in the end and my caterpillar boots..

hopefully the next few days will be a bit better as im still on for a record month earnings wise.... :)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 04:05:33 pm »
today was atrocious!......even i cant believe how i managed to get my scheduled work cleaned but i did.....glad to be home and dry now....both sets of waterproofs soaked through,even my hiking trousers leaked in the end and my caterpillar boots..

hopefully the next few days will be a bit better as im still on for a record month earnings wise.... :)

Lol the next few days are gonna be bad....

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2019, 04:18:33 pm »

its not forecast bad here mate,maybe a bit of light snow and -1 first thing but still workable..... 8)

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2019, 04:22:03 pm »
No rain or snow, nothing untill about half 2 when finishing last job, even that was just a shower.

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:13 am »

its not forecast bad here mate,maybe a bit of light snow and -1 first thing but still workable..... 8)

Lol it was forecast snow for most of England! Day off as it’s snowed last night.  -2 , icy as hell and doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere TIL next week

Spotfree

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2019, 07:53:26 am »

Lol it was forecast snow for most of England! Day off as it’s snowed last night.  -2 , icy as hell and doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere TIL next week

I'm going nowhere today, another "kip on the couch day"

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2019, 08:17:23 am »

you give up too easily.....if i have the rest of the week off then thats around £650 lost.....which will pay another chunk off my holiday to mexico in june....no thanks!ill keep working! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 08:20:52 am »

I'm going nowhere today, another "kip on the couch day"

ill "kip on the couch" after work and ive had my tea...........before heading off to the gym....... ;)

Slacky

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 08:31:14 am »
Ive just rearranged. I had a gutter job booked in.

Now Im doing an inside clean which'll be all day. Can't complain, it'll be toasty warm and Steph, the housekeeper will keep me occupied with coffee and her arse in them jeans.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2019, 08:33:07 am »
Last year (or years lol) I was so lazy , days off whenever a bit of rain came. Every early finishes like 1 o clock, Fridays off lol.

Decided this year will be different, I need to fill my round to the max so I can get a full time helper in.

I will had my best month turnover wise for a long time and I've not even had a helper for most of Jan just simply got up and out and done the work.

Odd thing is I don't feel I've grafted any harder just got rid of most pain in the arse custys at Christmas (about 30) and replaced them, Also decided to work faster and not be so OCD on every job, I'm doing more a day now than I was a few months ago with no complaints. All down to organization, efficiency and most importantly working no matter what the weather man says.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2019, 09:03:19 am »
Last year (or years lol) I was so lazy , days off whenever a bit of rain came. Every early finishes like 1 o clock, Fridays off lol.

Decided this year will be different, I need to fill my round to the max so I can get a full time helper in.

I will had my best month turnover wise for a long time and I've not even had a helper for most of Jan just simply got up and out and done the work.

Odd thing is I don't feel I've grafted any harder just got rid of most pain in the arse custys at Christmas (about 30) and replaced them, Also decided to work faster and not be so OCD on every job, I'm doing more a day now than I was a few months ago with no complaints. All down to organization, efficiency and most importantly working no matter what the weather man says.

i started to do this years ago adam,couple it with xtreme poles,hot water and electric reels and work is a breeze....also pace yourself.....keep your days short......that way you dont suffer with "burn out" very often and normally you dont get too fed up with window cleaning.....and your bank balance becomes much healthier.....

the trouble i have these days is KNOWING WHEN TO CALL IT A DAY when we have awful weather....i literally work in almost all bad weather these days if i have work due even though i dont need to....im not in desperate need of the money like i was years ago but i find it very hard NOT to work and have a day off(unless its a planned day off)......

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2019, 09:52:12 am »
What a difference an extreme pole makes on everyday work. Using my "pencil" Extreme "20" instead of an SLX (which is not a heavy pole) has reduced aches and pains and means I can add £50-£100 to my work day when I feel the need.

It's a game of three halves!