Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleanevangelist

Carpet Cleaning New Direction
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:17:37 am »
Guys

we all want repeat business.  We should be educating people about infection control. not only in schools but  pre school nurseries. and in the home.

https://twitter.com/VictoryInnovCo/status/1073322772183433216

https://twitter.com/cleanavangelist/status/1073531858930028544

Respects

Ian Harper

dutchman

Re: Carpet Cleaning New Direction
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 07:20:18 pm »
I'm 100% against this "we need to kill germs when we clean peoples houses." I have been carpet cleaning for almost 30 years and done over 50,000 carpets. I can remember only a handful of customers that requested that I use antibacterial solutions on their carpets. I'm not saying that there is no market out there for it, there is, but its not something I would want to be part of. I am convinced that we are becoming too "clean" in our houses and that normal everyday germs are actually good for us. I have used many  antibacterial solutions when the need arises (vomit, milk, pet stains etc) and I am sure that when I have used them extensively I feel unwell for the next week or so. I can remember many times coming down with a cold or sore throat after using a lot of antibacterial solution in someones home. They kill the good bacteria as well! We still don't know what all the bacteria in our gut is there for? Its only very recently that we have started to realise that gut bacteria plays a much much bigger role in our physical and mental health than first thought. Introducing wide ranging antibacterial cleaning solutions into someones homes may be the last thing you would want to do. I certainly don't feel healthier after using  antibacterial solutions and I would never blanket cover someones home in a chemical that we have no idea whether it will do us good or harm. Small areas when needed yes, every day  - every carpet no.  I have done dozens or nurseries and again I would not use antibacterial solutions unless they have called me in for a specific problem.  Have a look at this - http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20151118-can-you-be-too-clean

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 08:32:43 pm »
In my mind This is about  sanitise fogging Offices during the night to kill germs to stop workplace absenteeism due to contagious diseases  not trying to get the domestic market interested.

I think it was John Kelly who told me a few years ago about how big a opportunity this is and it cost  industry millions and they will pay for a solution
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 05:43:30 am »

JandS

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 07:31:57 pm »
My wife is a nursery nurse and I used to do a few nurseries regularly for council.....the council has now bought a council carpet cleaning machine and "trained" the caretakers how to use it.
Wife's nursery has had them done twice now, both times over a w/e, and both times she said the place stank when they went back to work on the Monday......carpets still very damp.
Think they leave more contaminants in than they take out but they get a tick in a box and it's cheaper.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.