This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: DIY diesel heater.....
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2019, 03:34:12 pm »
coiled up hose all year round....60-65c at brush head

hose out on a hot day.....60-65c at brush head

hose out on a very cold day(freezing ground)30-40c.......

dont forget there can be as much as a 30c heat loss with 100m off your reel in winter

jonny mines a 1 man system not a 2 man.......i dont have a spare pump sending water back to the tank all day like you...thats why your getting very,very high temperatures at brush head even in winter with hose out.....IMO your asking for trouble(thermal shock)if you have your water too hot at this time of year....

Your missing the point Daz....... you have a 9kw heater. That’s a 2 man heater. It’s capable of giving two reels VERY hot water.

So what would happen if you ran a second pump
And reel like the 9kw is designed for? That 40 degree output would probably half, and both reels would be luke warm at best.

That’s what I mean by saying yours is running colder than standard.

I can adjust mine to warm at the brush head, about 35 degree, all the way up to 60 plus at the brush head even when it’s ice cold outside and first thing in a morning.

when oliver fitted the heater he told me the temperatures would be 60c+ at the brush head   in summer with or without hose out and as low as 30c-40c  with 100m out on freezing ground in the winter....a lot of heat is lost from the hose on a cold day....and thats been my findings.... :)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2019, 03:37:34 pm »
Forget all this hose out nonsense Daz regardless m8 all out all in my water is piping,I don’t mind I love it I just turn it down it’s fine then.
I’m not saying anything to provoke an argument but it sounds to me that your factory set is lower then mine and jonnys,I told Oliver I wanted nine as hot as possible.
I couldn’t possibly use mine on the hottest setting at the mo I cracked a pane in the middle of summer,like smudger said it’s great to have the option for facia cleans etc it melts the most stubborn stuff off with ease,40 degree sounds like 5kw territory

im very happy with mine......its a thermo pro 90......who the hell wants pure water that hot you crack panes in the middle of summer? ::)roll..its laughable...

NWH

« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2019, 04:05:05 pm »
No worries Daz but I like to be  able to get it that  hot for PVC cleans etc,like I say if you are running yours flat out at the moment or for anytime for that matter I’d say the mixer valve has a pin in it not letting it work to its full heat.

dazmond

« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2019, 05:42:24 pm »
most UPVC jobs i do are cleaned in the warmer months.....60c+ is plenty hot enough to make a difference.....but in winter on a cold day i dont want 60c+ at brush head with all my hose out...id be worried about cracking glass. ::)roll ;D

Smudger

« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2019, 06:18:24 pm »
I reckon grippa put the wrong label on the box Daz,   in fairness your barely getting water any warmer than an immersion heater  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2019, 07:03:09 pm »
I reckon grippa put the wrong label on the box Daz,   in fairness your barely getting water any warmer than an immersion heater  ;D

Darran

you must be joking!have you ever tried to putting your hand under 60c+ water and keeping it there?itll scold you...... ;D...you dont need water hotter than that for any cleaning.......on a freezing cold day then your asking for trouble IMO......

Smudger

« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2019, 07:15:06 pm »
but your only getting 30 at the brush in winter........

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2019, 08:51:35 pm »
Must be a cheap Chinese copy in your cabinet Daz  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2019, 10:57:07 pm »
You won’t have trouble getting water that hot with it all coiled on the reel,you want the option of having it that hot with nearly all of it out the van.
Have you got 100 meter long pole hose lol

Jonny 87

« Reply #369 on: November 21, 2019, 08:20:04 am »
Daz, your needle valve is just set on the low side.

That’s all it will be. If it’s a perfect temperature for you though, just leave it as it is.

The optimal position though is to be able to adjust from warm - piping hot. That gives you the most variability. I wouldn’t be happy if my max was 30 degrees in winter. That might be what I normally use in winter, but I also like The option to go hotter.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #370 on: November 21, 2019, 08:37:30 pm »
Alex , the wheels are in motion !

Hey Rich

Any news on this?

Thanks

Alex

P @ F

« Reply #371 on: November 22, 2019, 01:05:08 am »
He’s gone underground mate by the looks of it ???
I have tried all 3 heater forums and nobody has a clue what he’s doing , or where he is  ???

dazmond

« Reply #372 on: November 22, 2019, 08:11:20 am »
richy will you be integrating your heaters fuel supply into your vans diesel tank? or will you have a separate tank in the back?

P @ F

« Reply #373 on: November 22, 2019, 08:56:58 am »
I have had it like this for 12 months nearly now , leaving it that way as I will be running red soon , even cheaper than cheap  ;D

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #374 on: November 22, 2019, 09:07:22 am »
He’s gone underground mate by the looks of it ???
I have tried all 3 heater forums and nobody has a clue what he’s doing , or where he is  ???

Oh no, well thanks for trying, thankfully it doesn't look like the frost will be here for at least another two weeks

Alex

NWH

« Reply #375 on: November 22, 2019, 10:44:22 am »
That’s how I did mine with a separate fuel tank on the 5kw I had in the end,if anyone wants to get a diesel heater just try finding a cabinet you can buy all the kit for around a 1000 from Webasto.

P @ F

« Reply #376 on: November 22, 2019, 12:42:05 pm »
What would you get for that 1000 , it can’t be all that’s needed surely ?

NWH

« Reply #377 on: November 22, 2019, 06:33:29 pm »
For between 1-1200 quid you can buy everything you need to run a 5kw heater,the only other thing you’ll need to buy is a frost stat controller. 

P @ F

« Reply #378 on: November 22, 2019, 07:22:12 pm »
I always thought it was more than that !

Splash & dash

« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2019, 07:48:47 pm »
For between 1-1200 quid you can buy everything you need to run a 5kw heater,the only other thing you’ll need to buy is a frost stat controller.

If you have a trade account you can get everything to build a 9kw two man system for £1000-1200 maximum , a friend if mine  is a marine electrician and he priced all the bits up and that’s what he could get it for ,obviously you would have to assemble it and have a cabinet of some sort  , that’s using all branded products not cheap foreign copies , and that’s not a dig at at Chinese stuff , trade prices are considerably cheaper than buying as a member of the public .