Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spring V11 controller - digital vs analogue ?
« on: December 12, 2018, 05:05:11 pm »
Pros and cons of each ?
I'm biased towards an analogue dial because its what I'm used to, but does the digital have any added features not found on the analogue ?

Splash & dash

Re: Spring V11 controller - digital vs analogue ?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 11:07:29 am »
Totally agree with you I much prefer analog, but with a hot system you have no choise to go with digital, they are good and you can adjust the calibration which affects when the pump will dead end it’s supposed to reduce strain on the pump and pressure switch I believe , unless you are using hot I don’t think there are any other advantages . Like all things the more complicated they are the more to go wrong and when it does it costs more to repair/ replace

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 12:03:32 pm »
Pros and cons of each ?
I'm biased towards an analogue dial because its what I'm used to, but does the digital have any added features not found on the analogue ?

There are a few difference between the analogue and digital controller.
1. No battery voltage display
2. No low battery cut off over ride
3. No auto calibration

The Analogue still has Pressure switch detection, Dead end Detection, and a low battery warning. It is still monitoring the battery state we just have no way of showing the actual battery volts.

Calibration on the analogue is manually adjusted via the smaller left hand switch, The analogue has all the protection of teh digital just no display.

Splash & Dash is right to a point, the analogue is not able to switch a heater or display temperature as the V11 HW would do, this is because we are limited in terms of adding extra features to the analogue.
However if you were running a separate hot water system and just want to manage the delivery pump then the V11A would work ok.
Running hot water makes the hose softer meaning that calibration can be set a little lower.

The V11A was designed for those who prefer a adjustment switch as opposed to buttons. 
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 04:52:13 pm »
sorry to hijack this thread ..Ian if you see this  could you please have a read of this thread http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=214108.0 and let me know what you think.
Paul