This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tlwcs

Re: Snapped xtreme v3 section 9 months old?
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2018, 09:02:24 pm »
I wish Gardiner used DPD with the hr window option :)
FedEx locally are pants.

mufcglen

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2018, 11:02:06 pm »
I can’t believe they lied again, they did it Thursday saying there was an issue and then today they’ve told the gardiner staff member that they actually called today and that I hadn’t wrapped the pole up or attached the postage label gardiner sent me, I printed and packaged it all up Wednesday afternoon and it’s been sat in my porch since with my wife being home both days😂
Im gutted I was hoping they’d have it by Monday at latest and now its looking like Tuesday Wednesday at earliest I’d say, feel like driving it down myself from Manchester😂😂

wayne m

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 07:33:13 am »
May aswell treat yourself to that new pole a little earlier than usual as your get it delivered before your old one is even picked up by the sound of it 🙄 You can then just sell your old one with a new section when it's fixed.

mufcglen

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 07:55:14 am »
You know what pal it’s crossed my mind, if I didn’t have a month in Florida coming up to pay for and buying the kids new laptops and all these bloody designer clothes for Christmas I would do, Ive only got next week to get through work then two weeks off so hopefully it will get turned around in that time🤞😁

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 09:20:28 am »
Yeah, I feel fedex are not as good as they used to be.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 01:29:24 pm »
Yeah, I feel fedex are not as good as they used to be.

I updated my preferences for a parcel to be left. I emailed the door code and thought great that's that done.

Note from fedex "door appears to be locked" FFS!

mufcglen

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 05:13:50 pm »
Final update on this!!
All I can say is fantastic service from the gardiner staff and Alex himself.
After fedex letting us down again yesterday I had an email from big man himself first thing this morning and basically because I’ve been messed about by the collection farce of fedex which I repeat again is totally out of gardiner’s hands, he’s decided to send me a new pole section along with shims and some pole spray as a good will gesture!
Absolutely amazing that from gardiner.
You see plenty of negative comments about customer service like the new email system but all I can say its been fantastic.
I won’t lie I had been thinking about the phantom as my next pole just because of some of the comments on it and the fact I’ve only ever had gardiner but too be honest when i got service like this  why would I want to go elsewhere.
Thsnkd very much Alex G😉

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 05:30:36 pm »
Never had any issues with Gardiner delivery and FedEx.  However, DPD and particularly the DPD app' is amazing!!
Comfortably Numb!

duncan h

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 10:14:38 am »
Never had an issue with delivery from them. Its when they collect from you.
I took the day off work. They never came. Decided to put up with a spinning clamp. Lost more money not working

mufcglen

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »
Replacement pole came today and Alex even kindly sent me a can of dry ptf spray which I’ve never used before, I normally use the wd40 dry spray and seemed a lot thicker coat.
Built the pole back up with new shims and it all feels bang on, now to get a few more months use before I put my next pole order in, will definitely be ordering another xtreme22👌

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 05:39:40 pm »
Replacement pole came today and Alex even kindly sent me a can of dry ptf spray which I’ve never used before, I normally use the wd40 dry spray and seemed a lot thicker coat.
Built the pole back up with new shims and it all feels bang on, now to get a few more months use before I put my next pole order in, will definitely be ordering another xtreme22👌

Interesting that you were previously using the WD-40 dry-film spray. In my testing I found this product to be very inferior PTFE spray and never seemed to dry properly or leave a film as it should over the sprayed area.

You should find the new can of dry-film spray far superior for reducing friction and wear.

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »

Interesting that you were previously using the WD-40 dry-film spray. In my testing I found this product to be very inferior PTFE spray and never seemed to dry properly or leave a film as it should over the sprayed area.

You should find the new can of dry-film spray far superior for reducing friction and wear.
Oh dear , I use the WD one too , I better start sending Alex 1 section a month and hope he doesnt notice  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2018, 06:01:50 pm »

Oh dear , I use the WD one too , I better start sending Alex 1 section a month and hope he doesnt notice  ;D

;D ;D ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

robbo333

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 06:08:18 pm »
Speaking of 'wear' and sorry to interrupt but:

My Extreme 22 suffered from 'wear' on the clamping section, yes it was spinning and annoying.

I followed Alex's video using two part Epoxy Resin to build this section back up and it worked a treat.

Not only that, but I did mine in the summer (3 sections) and it is still working perfectly.

It is seriously like a new pole.

Just thought i'd mention it for anyone who may have this problem.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

mufcglen

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 09:30:29 pm »

Haha Alex has been amazing, with dry ptfe spray I had been using I used to spray each section and dry them off but after trying this stuff Alex sent me with the replacement section I can see straight away it leaves a definite film on the pole compared to that stuff that looked wet sprayed on then dried to nothing, would definately advise using the gardiner stuff over wd40 dry spray for anyone thinking about it, my next pole when this turns 12 months old will be getting used with the gardiner dry spray from now on👌

mufcglen

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 09:32:04 pm »
One other thing, I noticed the sections definitely slid in and out so much easier so that tells me that spray is certainly reducing friction on the poles internally😉

P @ F

Re: Amazing service from Alex gardiner!
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 12:17:47 am »
Calm down chocolate nose  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

mufcglen

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 06:44:54 am »
Haha I see plenty of comments and people slating gardiner off pal on Facebook moaning about the email system and warranty, I know Alex replaces this pole as good will but he didn’t have to and the email system works a treat, they reply easily within the hour so I’m not sure why people don’t like it.
I’ve never had to phone them to put an order in the years I’ve used them, just log in put the order in and done and even once I emailed quickly after and had something else put on the order!

Slacky

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 01:54:43 pm »
The majority of posters on FB window cleaning groups are inbred individuals who struggle to deal with a customer who hasn't paid them their £3.00 front only charge within 30 minutes of vacating the property.

Its to be expected.

mufcglen

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 02:27:27 pm »
The majority of posters on FB window cleaning groups are inbred individuals who struggle to deal with a customer who hasn't paid them their £3.00 front only charge within 30 minutes of vacating the property.

Its to be expected.

haha i've seen a few of those posts lately pal, couldn't believe they're texts to customers demanding payment that day because they've got bills to pay :o