This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

Amazing service from Alex gardiner!
« on: December 12, 2018, 10:56:52 am »
Would gardiner replace this under any sort of warranty, 5th March I bought this pole and retape it and wash it out regularly, can’t believe it been spot on then this morning just scrubbing up and down the 3rd section snapped right in half out the blue.
I’ve emailed them so see what happens but abit worrying being 9 months old barely?

richard connett

Re: Snapped xtreme v3 section 9 months old?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 11:36:12 am »
I seem to remember you get 12 months warranty. Check their website should be on there somewhere

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 12:01:45 pm »
Well Fiona has replied back within an hour and spoke to me asking a few questions and then sent me her email to send pics back too, so far so good regarding customer service with gardiner.
Just got to see what they say now but I know in myself that I look after this pole and 9 months old I was hoping at least 12 before I get any breakages and I replace my poles anyway every 12-15 months not because they get wrecked but just because I like to keep them fresh plus I’m not nailing it, most weeks if the year I do 4 days a week rather than 5!
Sent pics see what comes back now ;)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 03:03:55 pm »
Would gardiner replace this under any sort of warranty, 5th March I bought this pole and retape it and wash it out regularly, can’t believe it been spot on then this morning just scrubbing up and down the 3rd section snapped right in half out the blue.
I’ve emailed them so see what happens but abit worrying being 9 months old barely?
Are you using an aqua-dapter or univalve with the pole? Reason I ask is I used to use extremes and broke a section after 6 months, I was told the warranty was void because I used an aqua-dapter on the pole, not sure if the univalve  also voids the warranty or not?

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:19:38 pm »
I don’t pal I just use the little red push fit taps that gardiner sell at the top of my gooseneck, there’s no way one of those would affect a section snapping!
A few emails later and looks like the pics was a waste of time as they now want the full pole sending back not just the snapped section, bloody pain in the arse but if they need to see it fair enough I’ll have to use my slx39 and strip some sections off that.
Since finishing work I’ve stripped the brush and gooseneck off the pole ready to wrap up and send and looking at the cracked section it doesn’t look worn it just looks same thickness all the way round but cracked!
Hopefully they replace it no probs but barely 9 months old Working generally 4 day weeks and my weeks consist of starting at 8 finishing at 1-2pm so you can imagine I’m not nailing it!!
I love gardiner but I’ve heard the usual joke about user error and I hope I better not get that response with the money I spend :o

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 03:56:37 pm »
I don’t pal I just use the little red push fit taps that gardiner sell at the top of my gooseneck, there’s no way one of those would affect a section snapping!
A few emails later and looks like the pics was a waste of time as they now want the full pole sending back not just the snapped section, bloody pain in the arse but if they need to see it fair enough I’ll have to use my slx39 and strip some sections off that.
Since finishing work I’ve stripped the brush and gooseneck off the pole ready to wrap up and send and looking at the cracked section it doesn’t look worn it just looks same thickness all the way round but cracked!
Hopefully they replace it no probs but barely 9 months old Working generally 4 day weeks and my weeks consist of starting at 8 finishing at 1-2pm so you can imagine I’m not nailing it!!
I love gardiner but I’ve heard the usual joke about user error and I hope I better not get that response with the money I spend :o

Hi mufcglen

We try and avoid having a product back if at all possible as we are aware it is often inconvenient.  This is why, although we have a clear Return to Base warranty outlined, we ask for photos in the first instance to see if we can make an assessment without the need for the product being returned.

In your case, the Technical Team were unable to make a decision based on the photographs so requested that the pole be Returned to Base. 

As you know, we’ve been selling poles for a fair few years now and have built up a comprehensive knowledge of water fed poles.  In our experience, if a pole section over six months old breaks and it is not due to accidental damage or excessive force (we get maybe 15-20 reported a year in this situation), it is usually down to wear and tear.   A manufacturing defect will usually show up much more quickly.  We always want to get to the bottom of an issue as it can help prevent a similar thing happening to another section.

I will personally check the returned pole and get back to you with my findings. If it hasn't worn thin at this point (as you state) then I cannot see that there would be a problem in replacing it for you  :)

mufcglen

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »
Brilliant thanks pal, I’ve bagged it up ready for collection and it definately doesn’t look worn thin in any parts, I’ve put a video up on one of the Facebook window cleaning pages if you want to take a look on there as I couldn’t attach it here.
Have to say though your email service is impeccable Fiona has been awesome, was dreading not being able to call but been great👌

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 04:30:02 pm »
Glad the process has worked for you so far. I am not on Facebook so will not be able to view the video.   You can email me the video though if you feel I need to see it, although the pole coming back will be the best way of assessing what has gone on.

Just to clarify, you can ring. At the moment the call goes straight to an answer machine message that asks for your name and contact number and then a member of the Customer Service Team will get back to you as soon as they can.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 09:53:05 pm »
I was tempted with a phantom but after using the v3 extreme I won’t change.

Had my v3 well over 12 months. It’s used 5/6 days a week. Never washed out, never replace the stop tape and I let guys from my team use it.

I bang windows shut with it, and treat it just like an slx.

For me a pole is a throw away item. If I get 12 months out of it then great. They literally earn me 10s of thousands of £’s per year.

When this one snaps or just wears out I may well treat the new one a bit better but the v3 seems to be a good balance now between lightness and longevity.

I have snapped one section but that was because I dropped the pole on a concrete floor.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2018, 10:26:42 pm »
I was tempted with a phantom but after using the v3 extreme I won’t change.

Had my v3 well over 12 months. It’s used 5/6 days a week. Never washed out, never replace the stop tape and I let guys from my team use it.

I bang windows shut with it, and treat it just like an slx.

For me a pole is a throw away item. If I get 12 months out of it then great. They literally earn me 10s of thousands of £’s per year.

When this one snaps or just wears out I may well treat the new one a bit better but the v3 seems to be a good balance now between lightness and longevity.

I have snapped one section but that was because I dropped the pole on a concrete floor.

I would say you have been very lucky then , mine is used around 8 hours a day 4 days a week it’s now 15 months or so old and I have snapped 3 top sections and I don’t bang windows shut with it I treat it with respect and staff don’t use it at all they are very thin sections from new it only takes minimal ware and the section will snap , would I buy another probebly yes as you say they earn you a lot of money , all sections on mine apart from the top section are loose when the pole is closed if you tighten the clamps so that it doesn’t spin when using it closed you struggle to extend it as the sections are bigger where it’s not worn ,then you cannot do the clamp up properly where it’s not worn

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 07:46:06 am »
I would say you have been very lucky then , mine is used around 8 hours a day 4 days a week it’s now 15 months or so old and I have snapped 3 top sections and I don’t bang windows shut with it I treat it with respect and staff don’t use it at all they are very thin sections from new it only takes minimal ware and the section will snap , would I buy another probebly yes as you say they earn you a lot of money , all sections on mine apart from the top section are loose when the pole is closed if you tighten the clamps so that it doesn’t spin when using it closed you struggle to extend it as the sections are bigger where it’s not worn ,then you cannot do the clamp up properly where it’s not worn

Hi ‘Splash & Dash’
Hope you’re keeping well  :)

I have had a look on the system - is this the  Xtreme18 you bought back in April 2016? I can’t see any notes on the system that you have contacted us about any issues with the pole.

As you live fairly local, why don’t you pop the pole in to me when you’re up working near St. Austell. We can take a look at it and go from there.

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:11 am »

Hi ‘Splash & Dash’
Hope you’re keeping well  :)

I have had a look on the system - is this the  Xtreme18 you bought back in April 2016? I can’t see any notes on the system that you have contacted us about any issues with the pole.

As you live fairly local, why don’t you pop the pole in to me when you’re up working near St. Austell. We can take a look at it and go from there.

Hi Alex yes Ime fine thanks , I broke the sections and just replaced them , didn’t bother trying to do it under warranty as I felt sure it would be put down to user error , I wasn’t bothered about that . My point was that the sections are thinner and as such with the slightest amount of wear they are snapped very easily .
As for the ware issues with the pole when it’s collapsed the pole ware in the closed position if you do the clamps up in that position so that they grip and don’t spin then you struggle to extent the pole as it’s tight in the clamp and when you try and clamp the lever over it won’t go as that part of the section is much bigger , hope this makes sense . I have 2 slx 18 as well all three poles get very similar use and the six poles don’t have any such issues , again Ime not complaining just sharing my personal experience with how different poles perform in everyday working situations . I understand that the extream is a bit lighter so it’s not going to last as long as a six . We rarley work in st Austell but will pop in if up that way thank 😎😎😎

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 08:20:43 pm »
Hi Splash and Dash - you said you thought your extreme was about 15 months old but Alex highlights a purchase date of April 2016 of an extreme 18 by you so that is over two and a half years old.

Haven't quite sussed whether this is the same pole but at what lifespan did the 3 top sections snap and in what circumstances?

It's a game of three halves!

mufcglen

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 08:25:59 pm »
Well spent a day using a stripped down slx39 to around 25 size and my shoulders are aching like mad tonight lol, fedex didn’t even collect my pole so another day I’ll be without the xtreme, had a nice call from the lady at gardiner letting me know she was chasing up fedex to see why they didn’t collect it.
I have to say it’s all been professional up to now from gardiner, you constantly read horror stories of bad customer service but even in the past with orders with bits missing or wrong bits sent they’ve always been quick sorting the issue.
Can’t wait to get the xtreme back out working though after using the slx today and I can’t stand the slightly longer closed sections of the 25 to the 22 size poles, they’re too long for my liking😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 10:37:19 pm »
When I had a  xtreme 25 a few years ago I snapped several sections.. one time I dropped the pole when extended which was my own fault but I had 2 or 3 that snapped for no obvious reason...

Give me a SLX over a Xtreme any day  ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 10:56:46 pm »
Hi Splash and Dash - you said you thought your extreme was about 15 months old but Alex highlights a purchase date of April 2016 of an extreme 18 by you so that is over two and a half years old.

Haven't quite sussed whether this is the same pole but at what lifespan did the 3 top sections snap and in what circumstances?

I didn’t think it was anyway near that long ago but I cannot prove the date I bought it , I do also buy poles and other Gardiner equipment from other suppliers , again time does fly so maybe it was then , I have replaced the top section 3 times again I cannot be exact on time scales with the replacement sections but the first one Ime sure was within 8-9 months I expect Alex will pop up with the exact date in a muinit 😂 he will be able to fine the record of it far better than me , I extend all the sections to the maximum but not past the red tape , each time it has broken I have been using it normally not abusing it in any way , all sections have broken where the section is held in the clamp , I think I might have the last one that broke in my garage not sure if I have thrown it out I will have a look tomorrow, if I have it I will post some pictures

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 04:52:00 pm »
Bloody jinxed myself  ;D ;D ;D

Dropped my pole and cracked section 1 lol.

I was tempted with a new pole anyway so this may have forced my hand. I could cut section 1 down and loose about 2/3 inches. So no drama. 

wayne m

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 06:26:41 pm »
Loving my phantom hi mod and been using it with a Gardiner ultimate DuPont brush and swivel neck and think it's a good combination and weight

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 07:34:18 pm »
Update, another day without it collected by fedex.
I emailed gardiner about 4ish as I had a feeling it would have been collected by then and she got straight back which was nice and efficient again, she chased it up and told me they had tried to collect which was a lie as it’s been wrapped and labelled and someone’s been in both days with it sat in my porch and then she managed to get them to say they’ll collect about 5:30 tonight.
Well it’s 7:30 pm and it’s still sat here😩
2 days without it has killed my shoulder joints using my old slx, I was really hoping it would be turned around very quickly and sent back but it’s still here😩😩
I know it’s not gardiner’s fault that fedex are being useless but just want to be able to use my xtreme😂

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:23 pm »
I wish Gardiner used DPD with the hr window option :)