This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

capn sparkle

Rain Repellent
« on: December 11, 2018, 10:28:18 pm »
Just had one of my Windy mates on the phone (apparently I'm the Oracle) as I would always defer to the greater combined knowledge of CIU (except for Nathan and his concrete melting water ;D ;D) Help!

Anyway, long story short. One of his elderly customers asked if he was using a 'rain repellent' in his water 'cos apparently the windows stay cleaner, longer. (She'd been told this at the old buffers club so obviously it's true).

Me being a cynic I said 'tell her yes'.

But what do you think? And is there a product? Or just Bull poop?

Dry Clean

Re: Rain Repellent
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 10:48:00 pm »

capn sparkle

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 10:55:48 pm »
Hmmm! What dilution should he be adding to his tank Dry Clean? Similar or less than Vision?

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 04:24:26 am »
Hmmm! What dilution should he be adding to his tank Dry Clean? Similar or less than Vision?

He should only do that if he wants to make his working day longer.

That’s basically a hydrophobic coating. It will make glass harder to clean.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 07:23:42 am »
Just had one of my Windy mates on the phone (apparently I'm the Oracle) as I would always defer to the greater combined knowledge of CIU (except for Nathan and his concrete melting water ;D ;D) Help!

Anyway, long story short. One of his elderly customers asked if he was using a 'rain repellent' in his water 'cos apparently the windows stay cleaner, longer. (She'd been told this at the old buffers club so obviously it's true).

Tell her no, it doesn't contain any rain repellent chemicals. Always tell your cusomers the truth!

This product was first promoted to the motor cycle industry to give riders better view in the rain.

Any thing like this needs rain to wash the dirt off. Rain doesn't come from all sides at once so some windows won't get rain washed. The ones that do will get washed at the bottom, but the eaves usually stop the top of the window getting wet. We often see a dirty top portion of the glass on the coast where we live.

If the customer doesn't like it then suggest they find someone who will do what they ask for. I'm afraid in most cases, gullibility seems to come with old age. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 07:35:16 am »
Just ask Dazmond  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 07:54:29 am »

the truth is .......many years ago we used a detergent called "fairy" and used a thing called a T mop(or applicator) and a rubber blade with a handle called a squeegee to clean a window,also back in the day we didnt clean frames(or very rarely)so dirt would drip on the glass if the rain hit the top frames,also the "fairy" detergent left an invisible sticky layer on the glass that attracted dirt easily,we used to clean windows EVERY 2 WEEKS in them days......

also windows could be dirty within 30 mins of cleaning them if they were done in the rain with "fairy" detergent...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 09:11:46 am »
Similar to daz's answer.
The customer is simply amazed at how clean the windows are lasting, which we know is the case with wfp. It can also be the case if trad cleaning depending upon the products used. For instance i used gg4 from titan and it doesnt leave a sticky soapy residue which allows the dirt particles to stick to the windows easily.

Obviously it also depends where the customers live, as coastal areas wont be so lucky, but my customers are informed that their windows will stay cleaner for longer because of this very fact.
So just be honest with her and educate her rather than pretending it some sort of magic water (which some believe esp if its the powerfull 000 tds type)

(For the record, hot (over 60 degree) water will soften concrete splatter to allow easy removal)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2018, 10:20:26 am »
Polish has the exact same effect if you were to use car polish on a window you would see for yourself.