This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Have you suffered an injury at work which was severe to lay you up for 3 days or longer.

Yes
33.3%
9 (33.3%)
No
66.7%
18 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 25

M & C Window Cleaning

Re: Work related injuries
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2018, 11:26:47 pm »
I also resisted wfp due to the fact I liked the simplicity of cleaning windows traditionally, even after I broke my ankle. However, after thirty years it took it's toll on my body particularly my back, legs and knees. After the surgery on my bad ankle in 2006 I had no choice but to give wfp a go or give up a job I really enjoyed. Within a week I wished I'd done it long before.
I use a trolley and barrels and work from my car as this has proved to be the best method for me and is  perfect for my round.
It's very different to tradding but I really enjoy it.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Johnny B

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2018, 12:25:02 pm »
I also resisted wfp due to the fact I liked the simplicity of cleaning windows traditionally, even after I broke my ankle. However, after thirty years it took it's toll on my body particularly my back, legs and knees. After the surgery on my bad ankle in 2006 I had no choice but to give wfp a go or give up a job I really enjoyed. Within a week I wished I'd done it long before.
I use a trolley and barrels and work from my car as this has proved to be the best method for me and is  perfect for my round.
It's very different to tradding but I really enjoy it.

That's a fair comment, and if I were to change my mind and go wfp, I would go the trolley and barrel route too.

At the moment, at 56 years of age and nearly 22 years in this game I am in good enough nick to cope easily with trad work, so will continue this way until that changes.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2018, 09:13:21 pm »
Lets not forget , It was quite a fall Franky  ;D ;D ;D
yep and over three years on i still feel the effects from it,cold weather doesnt help

but all i can say is thank god for insurance  ;)

Slacky

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2018, 11:33:24 pm »
And the people who donated to your cause when it happened.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2018, 09:10:44 am »

yeah we all chipped in...i sent him £20 and all he ever does is give me grief on here! ;D......he s got a lot grumpier since his accident too... :-*
price higher/work harder!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »
yes and thank you,insurance took just short of 3 years to pay out ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 09:00:49 pm »

yeah we all chipped in...i sent him £20 and all he ever does is give me grief on here! ;D......he s got a lot grumpier since his accident too... :-*
see if you was like slacky and put in £40 then you don't get ,moaned at

and joking a side i feel i have as well,being in pain every day does take its toll,and the daily does of tablets dont help either,and has i get older i am going to get worst  :o :o :o