Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dustee

Host
« on: December 01, 2018, 02:54:59 pm »
Doe's  or has anyone used the Host system , would like to hear your opinion on it

Dave_Lee

Re: Host
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:58:33 pm »
My opinion - useless! Ive had the system but gave up on it over 20 years ago. The original importer/supplier went bust in a big way after touring the country demonstrating it to existing wet method carpet cleaners. Now the system is mostly used by certain so called 'dry cleaning' franchise operations. I say so called, because they usually have to pre spray traffic lanes etc first, thereby making it a wet clean. Not that they accept that of course, but the fact is if you are using water as a pre spray it is 'Wet!'
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 05:11:06 pm »
using pre spray makes it no different from encapsulation,

half the crap i see around here, i honestly say a host wouldnt manage.

stu_thomson

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 06:46:22 pm »
I have the host freestyle and it’s an awesome pre vacuum  and agitation machine,  I wouldn’t however use it to dry clean customer carpets unless the carpet couldn’t be wet cleaned as it’s just not good enough. Use it on my carpets though for a freshen up which it does a great job but as we know most carpets we clean are dirty and need a wet clean.

Stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:42:29 am »
I have 2 hosts one with no vacuum and one with .
plus I have a pro35 and I much prefer the host it’s easier to manoeuvre without the pod and does a great job on wool carpets with compound .

Having said that I have only done 3/4 jobs in 10 years that we’re compound only but I don’t push it enough
IICRC