Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David McDaid

Generators
« on: November 29, 2018, 06:17:55 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good generator to power a Jag 8.4?

john martin

Re: Generators
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 07:30:42 pm »
Thats a common question in the states  ....  but at 230v  , really ?     is it  chore to run an extension cable ?

David McDaid

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 10:46:13 am »
Why reply if you’ve got nothing to say?

john martin

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:06:17 pm »
No offence ment or taken ...    My point was generators are popular ish in the states because to power the machine they generally have to find two circuits at 120v ie two locations in the house ...   But all we have to do here is plug into a double socket  in the one room .and we have more available electrity , I often run 4 motors ,pump , 3kw inline , and some blowers in the one house .     What's the advantage u gain with a generation ? U still have hoses running to the van anyway .

Robin Ray

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 05:33:25 pm »
The generator you will need will have to be rated at more than the power you are consuming ( if that makes sense). That's because generators are rated at the maximum power they can put out rather than the continuous power. A Jag in total will consume about 3500w when running continually however there will be spikes of power consumption when you turn the motors on and off. I would have though a generator thats rated at 4000w would be ample.
Generators with Honda motors are the most refined, Briggs and Stratton motors are good too, I have had a pressure washer with a briggs motor for 15 years and its still going strong.

David McDaid

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 07:55:53 am »
The spec says that 5.5kw is sufficient. I’m struggling to find one with 2 x 230 outlets. I had Briggs and Statten on a truckmount years ago. They have a place near me so worth having a look.
I am doing a lot of communal areas and power is often an issue. Thanks for your advice.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 10:39:29 am »
Look at Stephill generators or sgs

I’ve had a stephill 6 kva for nine years never gone wrong

My 8 kva sgs is but heavy!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk