Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Price for EOT

How to quote job foragency?
57.1%
4 (57.1%)
Hour rates for End of tanancy
42.9%
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Jakub Studnicki

End of tenancy- pricing
« on: November 26, 2018, 10:18:41 pm »
Hello. We started with our cleaning bussines nearly 3 months ago. We are already in cooperation with one of letting agency in our town. We do End of tenancy cleans for them. Ive done  5 jobs for them only  but they want use us as a first choice company. Im bit confused about pricing for that kind of job. Sometimes they saing ‘general clean’ only but batrooms look filthy with a scaled taps or showers and descaling takes a lot of time. We want to charge £15p/h for our job but still think hour rate is too low. For example: 1bed flat with one bathroom takes 3hours for both of us, so:
6hours man work x £15=£90 all together. Is too low? Of course price depends of condition of every flat/house. Should we add 20% for every quote as expenses for chemicals or cost of fuel?
We have advantage on ltd companies because we dont add VAT our price. We are based near Dover, Kent.

leisure

Re: End of tenancy- pricing
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 05:10:05 pm »
Hi Jakub.

I think the EOT clean should not be charged per hour.
It should go per item:
General clean  (based one off price)
Oven clean
Mould treatment
Fridge Freezer defrost
Additional cost to provide a deep clean, for example degreasing terrible kitchen etc.

Daniel

Jakub Studnicki

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »
Thank you Daniel for reply to my post.

I understand your point of veiew, but not every(for example) 3 bed house is the same. Some of them are really filthy with dirty bathrooms or kitchens and has a lot of limescale and it takes much more time to clean it up. One 3 bed house takes 4 hours for 2 men but some of them 5hours, 6 or even longer. So if the price will be the same for every same number of rooms house/flat and i will be have to spend much more time on filthy one there is no chance to earn sensible money. That way to make a quote is  fine if you work for your own, but not if u have to pay to cleaners to do the job right. Filthy house=no profit.

Thanks.

lesley Foster

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 09:07:10 pm »
Hi can anyone help me on how I should price up a primary school job. I've done house cleans (deep cleans) but this is out of my comfort zone. They want the school cleaned on a regular basis too. It's all a bit daunting.
Many thanks
Lesley

Denise l

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 06:42:53 am »
Use your hourly rate plus your overheads and profit. Depends how many hours per day and it's labour intensive due to children being messy and sticky plus going outside to play bringing all sorts in on shoes. Schools have low budgets and they're only open for 32 ish weeks of the year so will only pay for that. So when you have your weekly cost remember to use that in mind. Lot of work for not much profit.

Steve Race

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 01:39:00 pm »
I know I'm a little late to the party! lol But I've always quoted on the job opposed to per hour. I also won't give a price without seeing the property anymore as been stung far too many times. Visit the property and quote accordingly. As someone else mentioned, fridge/freezers, appliances, oven clean etc how dirty is the property, touch the kitchen cupboards to see if they are layered in fat, have a look on top of kitchen cupboards etc
Linclean Ltd | Linclean Website | Tel: 01522 275041 | Email: info@lincleanltd.co.uk