This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Inside cony roofs
« on: November 22, 2018, 06:12:41 pm »
I generally tell the customer that I hate inside work but I'm quoting windows for a new custy and they want the insides and out of two cony roofs done. I'm not great with trad on a pole and thought maybe a squegge with a pivot would be a better option... Maybe! Also there's a multi fuel burner in one cony so will have stour on the inside from the smoke.
What's your thoughts /suggestions

dazmond

Re: Inside cony roofs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:37:28 pm »
i would of refused both of them...i dont clean insides......i know its not what you wanted to hear but i hate inside work too so dont offer it as a service anymore......cant be arsed with it.....

a karcher vac on a pole would probably do it and stop you getting drips everywhere....
price higher/work harder!

britishwill

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 09:47:01 pm »
If you want it, tell the client to move all the furniture out so all the drips will not dirty the furniture if you want to trad it.  I would charge very high because who else will do it? If you don't get it who cares because that is a labour intensive job with possible problem like does the cony roof have any scraping needed ladder height are you any good at trad etc etc. As a footnote I have never charged enough on a conservatory they always take longer than you think!

Good luck

deeege

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »
I’ll clean the inside windows on a conny if asked when cleaning the outside, for a price of course.

No chance would I take a inside roof on anymore. I got stung with that when starting out, inside roof in the summer heat that had been used as a smoking shack, all for £90. At least it was a lesson to me. That was about 9 years ago and haven’t done one since.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 10:53:45 pm »
I don’t like doing them either but we do do some but quote very high prices  so if we get the job it’s worth doing , I do however refuse to do ones where they are covered in nicotine. We use a little giant ladder -steps that are adjustable and get up close and personal we clean all the plastics inside and out including all frame work where the windows and doors open if the plastic is mankey we go over it solvent cleaner , glass wise mop and blade, generaly an avarage size one 5x5 meters takes one person about a morning to do inside and 1 to 1:5 hours out side , we are cheaper than Thomas Sanderson but not by much , I thought charging that sort of price would put people off and it does some but I have been very surprised how many are prepared to pay good money for it , my advice would be price it high if you get the job then it’s not so bad and you will be happier to do the job

C & S

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 11:05:40 pm »
Stepladder and do my hand.

They are a nightmare.

I just put in a silly price. I do one or 2 but not many

joe34

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 11:14:54 pm »
I dont mind doing them sell it as a conservatory valet and price high . I use to do all the first cleans for a orangery company in Essex  you do get a stiff neck squeeging up wards  so make it worth your while.

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 11:25:52 pm »
This one's too high for a step ladder and not enough room inside for my 'y' shape ladder. Was thinking £240 for this one and less for their other one. The frames on the inside would be a problem but I only spoke about the difficulties in reaching and cleaning the glass to a good enough standard so I wouldn't quote for the frames. All in a day's work for the two.

deeege

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 07:06:51 am »
I wouldn’t expect to get 2 done in a day. You’ll be knackered after the first one and end up rearranging the second one.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Phil J

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 08:12:53 am »
Price them both on a day rate and save them for a couple of days when you can't or don't want to work outside. That's what I do, that way you still have work when the weather isn't co-operating. 

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2018, 08:25:46 am »
no amount of money would convince me to clean ANY inside conny roof.....seriously! ;D

....but thats just me....i dont clean inside windows either(unless its the odd kitchen window for an old dear)....

also i dont do gutter clearing  unless im doing a full UPVC clean at a high price and theres the odd lump of grass that needs pulling out on a low level conservatory/roof line......

ive done all the PITA jobs in the past..for me its just windows and the odd UPVC clean,outside conny roof cleaning and solar panels......

i dont like being inside customers properties and having to book the jobs in......

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2018, 08:33:10 am »
Price them both on a day rate and save them for a couple of days when you can't or don't want to work outside. That's what I do, that way you still have work when the weather isn't co-operating.

its not as easy as that....... as the customer has to be at home when you clean insides too...they often want it cleaned ASAP so the "ill save it for a rainy day job" very rarely works out that way......

on the other hand outside UPVC/conny roofs jobs you can virtually just turn up and clean and post the bill when it suits you....and customers are prepared to wait until you can fit them in.....

Phil J

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 08:37:46 am »
The weather forecasts are pretty reliable these days Daz, especially this time of year. You can always find people home on a Saturday, so if you lose a day during the week work Saturday morning to make up for lost productivity.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 08:46:19 am »
The weather forecasts are pretty reliable these days Daz, especially this time of year. You can always find people home on a Saturday, so if you lose a day during the week work Saturday morning to make up for lost productivity.

i dont work weekends either!i cant remember the last time i worked a saturday.......

if i employed i would probably just take on every PITA job and get my staff to do them..... ;D

cleaniac

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2018, 09:41:06 am »
I did an inside & out conservatory clean 2 months back, £350 for the day and even by the end of the day it felt like it wasnt worth my time, and the next day I had a full large very busy round to do and by the weekend I seriously was wiped out..not worth it even for the extra money.

They were happy though, and asked me to book in again for the next year...and and im thinking to myself..yeah right..we will see about that eh?
 ;D

alank

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2018, 09:42:14 am »
Same here in the last 15 years I've done loads of different cleaning jobs now I just concentrate on good window cleaning work and have rigged out my pickup accordingly. Turn up clean the windows with as little ball ache as possible and get on with the next one keep it as easy and simple as possible   ;D

Plankton

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2018, 11:35:35 am »
Regarding the planning, I would have split the two onto different days but this is what happens (a gutter job stones throw from my house)

Hi, the cost to clear the guttering would be £60.00 if required I can carry this out at the end of the month.
Regards

Custy Hi
Could we fix a date, preferably either 29 or 31 August?

Me Hi, I should be there on Friday.

Custy
Sorry, we've just made other arrangements for Friday this week.
Could you come on Sat this week, or on Tue or Fri next week? Please confirm ASAP.

Me
Not sure about next week as the next two weeks were being kept for something else. I might be able to do it tomorrow afternoon.

Custy  Hi
Tomorrow is unsuitable.
I don't mind waiting until mid-September. But not every date is suitable for me, and I really need you to firmly commit to a particular date. Could you suggest a date or two after your busy two weeks?

Me I wouldn't commit to a day for a gutter clean as it can end up unsuitable for myself. I've done it in the past for the customer to change their mind at the last minute. I've taken the job off the planner.
Regards

Plankton

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2018, 11:47:23 am »
At the time I was taking on new runs so that's what I needed to keep space for and now I'm looking to take on more so going by the posts above that lack any form of inspiration to clean the inside of cony roofs I think I'll need to send a text declining the job.
Should be no bother for someone that does commercial trad work....

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 12:40:48 pm »
This one's too high for a step ladder and not enough room inside for my 'y' shape ladder. Was thinking £240 for this one and less for their other one. The frames on the inside would be a problem but I only spoke about the difficulties in reaching and cleaning the glass to a good enough standard so I wouldn't quote for the frames. All in a day's work for the two.

Picture isn’t great but we would be at least £450 for that and the little giant ladder/steps would reach inside that no problem at all take half a day , but wouldn’t want to do the second one straight after

John Mart

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 02:40:33 pm »

i dont work weekends either!i cant remember the last time i worked a saturday.......

if i employed i would probably just take on every PITA job and get my staff to do them..... ;D
That's what I do.  ;D