This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

It's that time of year again...
« on: November 15, 2018, 07:55:39 pm »
Nights have drawn in...it's getting colder...and wetter...AND SOME LAZY DOG OWNERS CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WALK THEIR DOG OR PICK UP IT'S POO! >:( Hey, let's just let it crap in the garden where the window cleaner can step in it and/or drag his hose through it. Then he can get it all over his gear and in his van. He might even get some on his hands just before he eats his sandwiches if he's lucky! Lovely!

Some even offer to pick it up if your prepared to wait, though they don't seem to appreciate the big smudge they leave behind is almost as bad.

Have dumped two this week and told them why. Gonna have zero tolerance from now on. It's disgusting how some people live.

nathankaye

Re: It's that time of year again...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:12:20 pm »
In the states (I think it is) a chap has made a business by offering a dog poo collection/picking up service.

I've also had words with some customers in the past, where I said I would text a couple of days before I'm due, so they know to expect me and it can be cleared. If it isn't, then I simply won't clean the house and this worked well for a period of time.

Other than that, I wear gloves this time of year as its cold but with the electric reel I use a cloth on the hose to wind it in. Yet this only partially helps, but just being generally observant as I walk through people's property's and take needed precautions wherepossible
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:03:50 pm »
i love this time of year......lots of customers have packed away all their garden furniture for the winter months now and the gardens are generally less cluttered and easier to just crack on cleaning i find....

as for dog mess....i only have the odd one or two properties i have to be eagle eyed on TBH.......

I love a crisp cold frosty morning on my way to my first job of the day.... ;D

also lots of customers dont have their windows open like they do in the warmer months so again easier to clean plus theres less bird muck,pollen etc on the windows in general....

whats not to like..? ;)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 11:47:51 pm »
What's not to like!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 11:56:10 am »
I was only mosning about the dog mess Dazmond - not the rest of it!

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 12:24:15 pm »
It's not acceptable this dog S**t business Simon. I dump them and don't go back, end of story!

alank

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 12:46:21 pm »
Same here any dog dumps and your dumped  ;D it's just laziness in most cases. We have three dogs and they are walked a minimum of three times a day 6am afternoon and last thing at night and that's minimum there is never any dog dirt on my property so why should I be prepared to work amongst someone else's dog muck.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 01:16:45 pm »
Do you pick it up on dog walks tho alank? 😁

What also makes me laugh, is that it is these customers who will be quick to tell you that you've missed a bit or missed a window!!

I had one who moaned that I didn't clean the side windows.  That's where she opened the door to let the dogs out and never picks up.  Forget looking for a clean place to lay the hose, it was hard to see any concrete floor it was that covered!   I told her, unless she clears the whole area and disinfect it, those windows are not getting cleaned. I still charged her the full amount as its clearly her fault why those windows were not getting cleaned.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

alank

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 02:24:30 pm »
Yup Nathan it's all picked up ;D coz there's no dog s**t fairies round here  ;D