This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Gringo

Hi Gomo, I saw on recent post how your doing an extra £50 per day doing same hours and effort, just wondering how your managing that, is it better priced work, more compact, always looking to go speed things up myself
Cheers Ste

SB Cleaning

Re: Gomo
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:30:41 pm »
Hi Gomo, I saw on recent post how your doing an extra £50 per day doing same hours and effort, just wondering how your managing that, is it better priced work, more compact, always looking to go speed things up myself
Cheers Ste
Skipping the frames I expect  ;D ;)

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:55:51 pm »
Yeh skipping frames, missing windows, usual stuff  ;)

A combination of things I think, number 1 is having my work in the best order it can be.
number 2. i tend not to knock on doors when i turn up just crack on.
 3. I've stopped writing prices on slips just have a pocket full and post as I'm finishing.
4. Slowly picking up work all the time, dropping any jobs that take too long/awkward parking/access etc.
5. Rinsing less, I worked with a lad for a few month who was much more slap dash than me, but to my surprise the windows still turned out fine...so now i rinse less.
6. Technique, for example sills get one swipe instead of 3, frosted glass doesn't need a rinse, don't clean something that ls already clean for example if a door is really clean  just spray some water on it lol, top frames don't need cleaning every time..

Can't think of owt else at the minute, I think my works becoming more compact as I keep adding work and dropping the work that is further away or lower priced or just a pita..I think that's the main one, don't rest on your laurels just because you are full...refine, refine, refine.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:08:15 pm »
your learning adam....ive been doing that for years! ;D

also always take a packed lunch and flask(and get a hot water system) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 11:36:38 pm »
Yeh skipping frames, missing windows, usual stuff  ;)

A combination of things I think, number 1 is having my work in the best order it can be.
number 2. i tend not to knock on doors when i turn up just crack on.
 3. I've stopped writing prices on slips just have a pocket full and post as I'm finishing.
4. Slowly picking up work all the time, dropping any jobs that take too long/awkward parking/access etc.
5. Rinsing less, I worked with a lad for a few month who was much more slap dash than me, but to my surprise the windows still turned out fine...so now i rinse less.
6. Technique, for example sills get one swipe instead of 3, frosted glass doesn't need a rinse, don't clean something that ls already clean for example if a door is really clean  just spray some water on it lol, top frames don't need cleaning every time..

Can't think of owt else at the minute, I think my works becoming more compact as I keep adding work and dropping the work that is further away or lower priced or just a pita..I think that's the main one, don't rest on your laurels just because you are full...refine, refine, refine.

Top post Gomo - excellent reminder, thanks.

If you and swolf are happy I might change the thread title tomorrow to "Gomo - how are you speeding up your work?" or similar.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 07:57:13 am »
having a high flow makes a big difference for speed cleaning...even better if its hot pure water........

zesty

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 08:54:40 am »
having a high flow makes a big difference for speed cleaning...even better if its hot pure water........

Yep pump on full chat, to think when I first started I had the controller on ‘38’ 😂

I think gomo runs his pumps on full speed without a controller...

I average probably only 4-5 hours a day, but it took years to get to that, price is king, I found the nearer I could get to £20 houses as an average the easier the day is.

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 09:42:25 am »
Just perfect the technique, especially on the top frame and seal (the main area that will cause any problems).  I normally cut across it, (once the top frame is cleaned) like you would a Squeegee and go across width ways for the top 5 inches a couple of times. This sorts any dirty runs and then it's a quick up n down for the rest of the window. This prevents any water being pushed under the top seal and prevent any seal problems.
As Adam says, a good heavy flow of water cascading down the window certainly helps as whilst your scrubbing, it's rinsing at the same time.

How many times do you put your pole up n down on one house as well?  This makes a big difference. Don't do a side at a time, ie upstairs front, pole down for downstairs. Then pole back up for the side n upstairs rear windows and pole down again for the bottoms.  Walk round doing all the upstairs and on return, clean all the downstairs.

Might be frowned upon, but a DIY or factory bought electric reel does make a difference if your driving between many jobs.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Gringo

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 11:14:14 am »
Cheers for post Gomo, a few things to have a go at I prob over rinse, have controller on 66, so might try upping that

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 11:55:28 am »
I used to have no controllers, only last few months I acquired some as they came with a tank I bought.

I don't know why I have them as they are permanently on full whack. I don't know how anyone works with anything lower. If anything it's still too low on some houses, mainly phobic glass. Wouldn't mind trying a  7 - 10 lpm one with some 3 mm jets.

As for pole up and down Nathan it depends on the house, if you've got lots of clutter, wheelie bins, gates etc then you would spend more time  freeing the hose as you go back and forth. But where it's doable it would be quicker

nathankaye

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 12:04:38 pm »
I must be fortunate, as I don't have a lot of houses like that. However, if it's been  bin day for instance and I have many houses together or even if it's the odd one I'm doing. If I can see the bin out in a position to cause a problem, I will spend just a couple of mins before hand, moving them out the way first, saving any snags later which could potentially take more time sorting.
Also I have a handful of customers that even if I've text the night before, I know there's no certainty that the side gate is open. I will also check before I unload, so I k ow not to waste my time trying to get round the side with my hose etc. It's just a couple of little things of pre thought that could save substantial time collectively over the day.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 12:09:36 pm »
Won't make any difference hot or cold from experience ;)

cleaniac

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 12:23:42 pm »
I use the pump as is. No flow controllers, complete con and waste of money, for solving a problem that never existed. Just control with tap on hose, and let the pump cut off at the pressure its set to.

No need to rinse. If water is top quality just get on and wash.

I was accused of 'slap dash' work earlier on in the year. Just becouse i dont stand there making a big deal of washing one window and wasting 10 litres of water on one window pane, 'holding it off the glass' rinsing.

Get on do the job move to the next. Keep your water at 000 and bash through thr work. Thats how you make money.

zesty

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »
Won't make any difference hot or cold from experience ;)

That’s my experience as well.

High flow is the key to quick cleaning.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 04:12:19 pm »

Yep pump on full chat, to think when I first started I had the controller on ‘38’ 😂

I think gomo runs his pumps on full speed without a controller...

I average probably only 4-5 hours a day, but it took years to get to that, price is king, I found the nearer I could get to £20 houses as an average the easier the day is.

i have my controller on 40 and its gushing out at that setting,no need for any higher! :)

Walter Mitty

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 04:18:45 pm »
I use the pump as is. No flow controllers, complete con and waste of money, for solving a problem that never existed. Just control with tap on hose, and let the pump cut off at the pressure its set to.

No need to rinse. If water is top quality just get on and wash.

I was accused of 'slap dash' work earlier on in the year. Just becouse i dont stand there making a big deal of washing one window and wasting 10 litres of water on one window pane, 'holding it off the glass' rinsing.

Get on do the job move to the next. Keep your water at 000 and bash through thr work. Thats how you make money.

I worked without a controller for years - there was an element of flow control as a return to tank pipe with tap was fitted.
These days I do have a controller, but only because I bought the system as is - so I might as well use it that way.

AuRavelling79

Re: Gomo - how are you speeding up your work? (Mod change of title)
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »
Gomo said "I use the pump as is. No flow controllers, complete con and waste of money, for solving a problem that never existed. Just control with tap on hose, and let the pump cut off at the pressure its set to."

Me too.

Edited - Sorry - Marc, not Gomo!   :-[
It's a game of three halves!

Shrek

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 05:37:06 pm »
Gomo said "I use the pump as is. No flow controllers, complete con and waste of money, for solving a problem that never existed. Just control with tap on hose, and let the pump cut off at the pressure its set to."

Me too.

Does this work with the univalve?

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 06:47:22 pm »
I didnt actually say that, marc did  :D  [Mod note: Oops! sorry - original edited.]

but i agree with him, since ive had these controllers all theyve done is add grief

Both of them shut down as battery was too low, well thanks for protecting  my batt but since ive got work to do id rather you didnt...

when ive run out of water (flatish tank) and its airlocked the controller wont let the pump run and just shows dead end. I had to  put the pump to 12v to get it going again then re connect.

Mind you im thinking about getting a 10lpm pump so ill keep them for that experiment, probably wont need full whack then apart from certain houses with phobic glass...

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 06:48:05 pm »

Me too.

Does this work with the univalve?

univalve just shuts water on and off, yes it will work