This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

Van and system
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:48:17 pm »
Hi all just getting new van and having a new system fitted does the tank have to be bolted as close to bulkhead as possible or can I have it towards the back doors thanks andy

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Van and system
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:51:08 pm »
Doesn't really matter and depends on how you want to operate.  But centre of van is best for weight distribution and better handling.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

John Mart

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:59:06 pm »
I suspect you'd go over your rear axle payload if it's at the back.

dd

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 02:06:02 pm »
If you are close to payload limit, having it up against bulkhead could overload your front axle. This is based on having my van on a weigh bridge. I am close to payload with full tank. My tank is set back from bulkhead (fairly central), but if it was against it like many have their tank, the front axle would have been overloaded.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 03:03:22 pm »
don't have it any further back than the rear axle

as long as the tank is between the axles you should be fine for weight - just bear in mind if you are having a working area between the bulkhead and the tank you want it bolted down really well so it can't move forward in the event of a crash.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:27:10 am »
a tank up against the bulkhead longways is best IMO then you have room down the sides to put leisure batteries, trad gear,chemicals,cloths,etc and a more even distribution of weight between the axles......
price higher/work harder!

Klean07

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 08:42:01 am »
My 500 litre tank upright tank is bolted to chassis and is approx 8 inches from bulkhead leaving room to put spares etc.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 08:57:33 am »
The issue could be with large tanks postioned across the width of the van just behind the bulkhead. Chances are that you could overload the front axle.

My first van was a Citroen Relay 1.9 diesel swb on a 51 plate. I secured a 650 liter tank across the width of the van just behind the bulkhead. When the tank was full the front axle was overloaded. I had to swap the tank around and fitted it length ways.

My next van is a swb Boxer 333 which has a higher payload of 1400kgs than my current 04 plate Hdi Relay swb van of 1150kgs. Using the weight distribution formula the front axle will also be overloaded if I fitted the tank width ways just behind the bulkhead.

I see that the Vivaro/Trafic vans have their 650l tanks fitted width ways across the bulkhead by Purefreedom.  I'm sure that they would know how to do fit them correctly. These vans have their front axle further forward so a 650 l upright tank up against the bulkhead appears to sit in the middle of the 2 axles.

The load distribution formula is in this thread
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=208750.msg1857233#msg1857233
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 10:15:33 am »
The issue could be with large tanks postioned across the width of the van just behind the bulkhead. Chances are that you could overload the front axle.

My first van was a Citroen Relay 1.9 diesel swb on a 51 plate. I secured a 650 liter tank across the width of the van just behind the bulkhead. When the tank was full the front axle was overloaded. I had to swap the tank around and fitted it length ways.

My next van is a swb Boxer 333 which has a higher payload of 1400kgs than my current 04 plate Hdi Relay swb van of 1150kgs. Using the weight distribution formula the front axle will also be overloaded if I fitted the tank width ways just behind the bulkhead.

I see that the Vivaro/Trafic vans have their 650l tanks fitted width ways across the bulkhead by Purefreedom.  I'm sure that they would know how to do fit them correctly. These vans have their front axle further forward so a 650 l upright tank up against the bulkhead appears to sit in the middle of the 2 axles.

The load distribution formula is in this thread
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=208750.msg1857233#msg1857233

great post thanks , were fitting a 650 in a old dispatch next week when were back in the uk for the son , and are going to play with the idea of it being long ways down the van as it will be well over weight on the front axle , were not liking the idear of it stood back from the bulk head incase it move when in a crash

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 11:14:22 am »
650 in a dispatch - I do hope not

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 11:20:28 am »
If it’s any help we set our tanks level but just inside the rear wheels this gives enough room at the back for a shelf to store Chems and mount the reels leaving the front area free for gutter vac etc.. the front edge of the tank is lined up with the pillar ( b pillar? ) or the side door here we bolt in steel tubing so the tank is against this a bit like a rally cage so it can not move forward ( and it’s bolted through the floor

Darran