This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aiden Smith

Help please. Wiring question
« on: November 03, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »
Hi there
I have started putting my van together but have run into a slight problem. I have a spring loade switch to real the hose in. The back of the switch has only 3 connection points even though there is 4 points but only 3 to connect to 1 is blank. 2 connection points on top and 1 on the bottom. Can anyone help regards the way it should be wired up.
From the switch to the battery and to the motor. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Aidan

Spruce

Re: Help please. Wiring question
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 07:55:31 am »
Hi there
I have started putting my van together but have run into a slight problem. I have a spring loade switch to real the hose in. The back of the switch has only 3 connection points even though there is 4 points but only 3 to connect to 1 is blank. 2 connection points on top and 1 on the bottom. Can anyone help regards the way it should be wired up.
From the switch to the battery and to the motor. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Aidan

Please can you put a few photos up of the controller so the forum can see what you are dealing with.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Aiden Smith

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 09:05:27 am »

Aiden Smith

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 09:06:25 am »
Try to do it from the phone but would not load. Hope this helps.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 09:28:04 am »
Live in at the top (common) I think and live out at the bottom or the other way round. If you get the lives the wrong way round the switch will be upside down that's all.

Why does it have four wires?

Aiden Smith

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2018, 09:44:58 am »
Reds were from battery to switch and from switch to motor. Other 2 from negative on battery to switch and from switch to motor also.
Thanks for the replies

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 07:49:58 pm »
Reds were from battery to switch and from switch to motor. Other 2 from negative on battery to switch and from switch to motor also.
Thanks for the replies

That 10 amp switch isn't suitable for an electric motor that drives a hose reel. I believe the usual fuse in the same circuit is 25amp.

You need something like this but only wired for 1 button.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-button-Up-Down-switch-handset-truck-tail-lift-hoist-trailer-winch-goods-lift/253646376874?epid=878328550&hash=item3b0e808faa:g:itYAAOxyaTxRNd7q:rk:21:pf:0
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Aiden Smith

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2018, 09:00:33 pm »
Thanks very much Spruce much appreciated.