This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

D.Salkeld_Ltd

polishing wood hall floor
« on: March 18, 2004, 12:50:17 am »
I'm actualy a window cleaner but I took on the job as caretaker at the church my family and I go to and we have a buffer to polish/buff the Hall floor can any one send me some info as to how to use it.  We have three different grades of pads.

Thankyou
David Salkeld

E Mail david@salkeld95.freeserve.co.uk
Not Perfect - But Honest

Happyeater

Re: polishing wood hall floor
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 10:36:51 am »
Describing how to buff on here is difficult. I would suggest that you look for a local cleaning contractor to you, give them a call and explain your situation.

If they are nice, they'll give you a half hour lesson on a buffer somewhere. Its all about practicing, but its good to be shown the basics. As important for the floor is to keep it dust mopped/swept as often as possible. If its wood, then dont use lots of water when mopping, just a lightly 'damp' mop head used once a week or so will do.

Use a red pad when buffing it up to a shine, but only after it has been swept and possibly mopped to remove dirt. Or, you'll have a shiny dirty floor. You'll need a spray buff solution too. Any janitorial supplier will advise.

DP

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 07:19:25 am »
Posted by: cleaningbloke Posted on: Mar 21st, 2004, 11:39pm
Don't bother asking these lot Davie they are about as helpful as a fart in a diving suit.

I see from the stunning number of posts by our resident critic that helping people is something that may remain a bit of a mystery, especially as one of those was used up here. (great name by the way, I was wondering if it was short for something).

However I thought that was a very good answer by Happyeater and  if you can read back through some of the many many questions, I am sure you will see the level of help that has been given in the past.

Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 12:59:11 am »
This one is for "cleaningbloke" Quote"
Don't bother asking these lot Davie they are about as helpful as a fart in a diving suit"
If this form is that much use to you why why why are you on this site!

Not all questions can be anserwed staight away not all members are on this site every day plus we have lives to live so wht dont you gat a life or even better use you'r reall name come out of the closet or do you have more to hide...........................................

Barry...... ;D ;D ;D