Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleanevangelist

We need to change
« on: October 18, 2018, 05:52:24 am »
Guys

opportunity is knocking

we should become prevention, restoration and cleaning services

https://www.ifh-homehygiene.org/sites/default/files/publications/IFH%20White%20Paper-10-18.pdfhttp://

Respects

Ian Harper

edward coller

Re: We need to change
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 11:49:35 pm »
That is some heavy stuff!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 06:57:19 am »
Ian you really keen on pushing this hygiene aspect of cleaning, don’t you think its too much of a nichè market.

people call us because of the dirt they can see not the hidden dirt or the germs that might be present. If you want to educate people on regular cleaner I think it would be better to try and sell that cleaning prolongs the life of the carpet so saves them money rather that the carpet will be more ‘healthy’

I don’t think that cleaning a carpet does have a positive effect on how healthy a carpet becomes, in fact I bet it has a negative effect. introducing a warm &  damp medium into a carpet will encourage the growth of harmful elements.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

GarryN

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 09:15:16 pm »
To be fair, sanitizing carpets is quite important to commercial but also moves into residential with pets involved in rental. As with beds others may also be interested in removal of dust mites ect.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »
i didnt read the article .. but our immune systems are well equipped to deal with any regular bugs inside a house , infact people trying to turn thir homes into cleanrooms might be even effecting the development of their childs immunity , a baby licking a couch might do them more good than harm in the longrun , actually i recall some tv documentary when a doctor said you dont even need to clean your toilet ... unless u intend eating off it  :-X 
But if theres money to be made preying on the fears of the householder then go for it  ,  it might be a hard enough sell for now though .
I tried pushing dry mattress sanatizing , even bought a 2k uvc machine from the states , but 99.9% of mattress calls i get relate to spills or marks on them insted of what might be microscopic .
But if you are a good salesman and you have the time to push these things perhaps thers a market out there .

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 06:14:53 am »
Mike

its all about repeat business. carpets get dirty over time and its not until you have them cleaned that you see how dirty they have become. thats why people like using those images. but we wash other things before they look dirty .
I  have a new tag line i starting to use that a "carpet cleaning is only half done if you dont use micro kill"

this all goes back to the training courses and how they dont cover the wider part of cleaning. they dont include surfactants types and hygiene.  this is a massive mistake.

you put the NVQ or city & guilds side by side with these one day courses and you see the massive gap. no other professional would allow it. I take it we all think we are professional?

Please dont think that i am saying i am better because of city and guilds just pointing out what needs to change. surfactants are a basic must know for choice of detergents. thats why i say prochem courses are the best at moment because they present the problem and match it to the product. they dont say why just use this for that problem.

even prochem need to sort its act out. just look at their site. when you think who owns them and how big they really are.

if we want people to use carpet cleaning more and regular they need to know why. hygiene is they reason not dirt. sure as you say at the moment dirt is the reason but if some cleaners start to include hygiene in marketing then the message get though. and we all benefit.

Respects

Ian Harper

People (customers) don’t know what they don’t know

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2018, 04:35:40 pm »
Just wanted to show you guys this it is from youtube

My youtube project is about longtail keywords and for practice  for me for making videos. plus finding out what people are searching for.  i have about 248 at the moment.

You have to see it with your own eyes to believe what people want to find out with regards cleaning carpets.  case in point is the shampoo one its a washing up liquid.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2018, 11:22:02 am »
I don’t think it is necessarily our job to worry about these type of things.
We use a prespray with an antibacterial agent in it as standard and our truck mounts clean carpets at well over 200 degrees f. Hot water kills bacteria and viruses at 157 degrees f, so I think we are playing our part.

Simon

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2018, 06:02:33 am »
Hi Simon

but how can the customer tell how does a full clean and cleaners that only do half the job? have a look on twitter at #germs

Respects

Ian Harper

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2018, 05:22:04 pm »
Hi Ian,
To be honest with you, I don’t think that customers think into the very depths and minutia of what is in their carpet and who and what is best to remove it. And if they did then they would have one hell of a time choosing a carpet cleaner because most wouldn’t know how to answer their very scientific questions.

Simon