This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

DIY Van System Inspiration
« on: October 16, 2018, 06:17:21 pm »
Doing my first DIY Van System hopefully soon for a second van.

I'm absolutely hopeless at DIY seriously.  I will give it my best shot and not after anything fancy just something simple, tidy that does the job.

Anybody willing to send me some photos via email of their DIY Systems for me to have some idea of what looks good and works well.  Looking for inspiration.

Thanks guys.

info@quantumshine.co.uk

robbo333

Re: DIY Van System Inspiration
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:26:13 pm »

Here's mine.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 06:58:23 pm »
That’s neat - just a note my early setups were wood after a couple of years they suffered really badly from rot and damp - where possible go for steel ( one of my lads is a great welder which makes it a breeze ) we have been putting in a system today so I’ll get some pics for you

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 07:14:55 pm »
This is my DIY System.  I bought from various parts over the years (as and when needed) and finished with this.  I always used to strap the tank down but now its all bolted and secure.  much neater that way too!

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2018, 07:34:54 pm »
Warning, video time  😱😎
😴

https://youtu.be/_qnqr0GYOXk

Completed look (only 25 seconds lol)
https://youtu.be/EYDx0mi7omg
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:14:07 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp0aBbLewig

If you don't have electric reels already mate, get some. It makes a big difference to your day.

The immersion is a lifesaver in the winter, I don't use it other times of the year but in winter it's awesome.

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 08:24:22 pm »
I'll be around mate if you need a hand with owt. I can also put you onto the guy who bolted my tank in and fabricated the hose guides.

He'll make you a frame if you like and save you a good few quid.

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2018, 08:26:06 pm »
This is my DIY System.  I bought from various parts over the years (as and when needed) and finished with this.  I always used to strap the tank down but now its all bolted and secure.  much neater that way too!

Nice

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 04:28:05 pm »

Pure freedom cage,500L tank and electric reel...retro fit grippatank hydroheat,extreme 25 and 47....black soil pipes from b and q for pole holders....door cards/brush holders from grippatank too....

to the left of my reel is a socket set and behind that a black bin for dirty cloths then trad gear,chemicals,bucket with a lid,folding step and on top of the tank more cloths,scrapers,spare t mops/rubbers etc(all easy accessible from the side van door)....

to the right is my toolbox with spare connectors,PTFE spray etc and behind that my 2 x 105 numax leisure batteries....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 04:35:46 pm »
my electric reel is just screwed into a piece of black plastic covered plywood that fits snugly in front of the heater.... :)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 08:05:25 am »
Yours isn't totally DIY is it Daz????

John Mart

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 08:21:34 am »
I thought that.  ;D

jo5hm4n

« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 11:55:26 am »

Here's mine.

That look's good can i see a photo from side of van with tank in view?

jo5hm4n

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 11:56:02 am »
Warning, video time  😱😎
😴

https://youtu.be/_qnqr0GYOXk

Completed look (only 25 seconds lol)
https://youtu.be/EYDx0mi7omg

Good video Nathan, helpful!  I like your experimenting

jo5hm4n

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 11:57:12 am »
I'll be around mate if you need a hand with owt. I can also put you onto the guy who bolted my tank in and fabricated the hose guides.

He'll make you a frame if you like and save you a good few quid.

Cheers mate, good video your setup is so neat and tidy!  Thanks i'll let you know if i need your guys details.  Appreciate any help aswell if i get stuck with anything means alot.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 11:57:45 am »

Pure freedom cage,500L tank and electric reel...retro fit grippatank hydroheat,extreme 25 and 47....black soil pipes from b and q for pole holders....door cards/brush holders from grippatank too....

to the left of my reel is a socket set and behind that a black bin for dirty cloths then trad gear,chemicals,bucket with a lid,folding step and on top of the tank more cloths,scrapers,spare t mops/rubbers etc(all easy accessible from the side van door)....

to the right is my toolbox with spare connectors,PTFE spray etc and behind that my 2 x 105 numax leisure batteries....

Nice setup Daz, did grippa tank fit that for you, or did you just buy all the parts and do it yourself.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »

so what?the guy wants some inspiration! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2018, 03:55:48 pm »

Nice setup Daz, did grippa tank fit that for you, or did you just buy all the parts and do it yourself.

got my local garage to fit the tank and frame(bolted through the eyelets with pieces of angle iron,no drilling through the van floor!)and grippatank to fit the diesel heater,pump,controller,batteries and b to b charger.....i did fix in place and wire up my electric reel and install the pole holders so their is a small bit of DIY.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oh and i fitted the door cards and brush/gooseneck holders on the inside of the van back doors..... 8)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2018, 04:04:28 pm »

got my local garage to fit the tank and frame(bolted through the eyelets with pieces of angle iron,no drilling through the van floor!)and grippatank to fit the diesel heater,pump,controller,batteries and b to b charger.....i did fix in place and wire up my electric reel and install the pole holders so their is a small bit of DIY.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...oh and i fitted the door cards and brush/gooseneck holders on the inside of the van back doors..... 8)

This would be a good system for you Josh, as long as you don't mind spending about £6000.00 on the interior of your van, it might even be more than that😮😮😮😮

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 05:33:50 pm »
Not quite finished but you get the idea -

Protector coat floor - 1000 litre tank fully baffled - steel frame and stainless steel shelf

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk