Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steven Butler

Google business listings/maps
« on: October 12, 2018, 07:26:23 pm »
I use Google AdWords and spend a lot and also waste a lot even though I have a company running it, today I’ve had a call from a company regarding the map that comes up at the top of the page with there’s red arrow type things,  saying they can guarantee top 3 within a radius of my address....
Can anyone offer any advise on this?

Neil Worsnop

Re: Google business listings/maps
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:08 pm »
It is free to create the business listing.  Just put all your details in and you will appear. 

How far up the list you go depends on, I think, how near the person searching is to your listed address.  Good reviews will help widen the circle your result will show for as well.

Should only take ten minutes so I wouldn't pay for it.

Steven Butler

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 03:47:50 pm »
I’ve always been on it but this company claim to be able to make me come in the top 3 no matter what radius from my home???

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:41:36 am »
Steven Butler

This one is easy as the default setting for the local pack box is reviews you just need to get the most and you will get the top spot and save that adwords money.

google does not like you asking for reviews so you need to keep this off line so as not to draw attention to  the fact that your seeking reviews

Respects

ian harper

Michael H Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 04:41:44 pm »
My Adwords guy gave me a few tips (which I've never really got round to as I'm in a decent position anyway)....5 Google reviews is a boost, then 20 then 100, make sure your address is exactly the same as your official post office address, make sure you use all the space in your description with a few keywords in it.

Peter Hobbs

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2018, 02:59:01 pm »
It's not just about reviews. There are lots of other metrics that come in to the equation to guarantee reaching the local 3 pack.

5 reviews on Google won't necessarily get you on top, or will 50. It might, but it's not the only thing you should aim for here. You want to get positive, GENUINE reviews from as many different places as you can - not just Google My Business.

Other important factors are a mix of local citation sources, correct NAP details, geo tagged images, website schema, domain authority etc... I could go on, but I don't want my competitors stealing our no# 1 spot  ;)

As a rule of thumb, I NEVER use services of a company that contacts me first. ESPECIALLY when it comes to SEO/Local SEO.  This is your livelihood here, if they are guaranteeing something (which by the way, they can't) personally I'd steer well clear - they could potentially damage your rankings and penalise your website and that is one big sh*thole to get out of.

Michael H Jones

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »
Had an email of my adwords guy regarding GMB - apparently he's been testing an improved function that came out last year and is rolling out to his client list. When you click on the map, the bigger map that comes up can have your advert at the top, so it's just an extra part of adwords....if i've understood it right. His site is...... www.simply-ppc.uk for more info....

neil 47

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 04:32:46 pm »
I did notice this a few months ago but seems to only happen on laptops .

Not on mobiles
IICRC