Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cleaningcaddy

Starting from scratch again.
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:29:17 am »
I originally Started my Window Cleaning Business in 2008 and sold it all in 2016 After a break of a couple of years and trying different jobs and ventures i have decided to step back into window cleaning. Looking forward to the journey of building the business again.
Anyone else done this?
Mark

Smudger

Re: Starting from scratch again.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:31:03 am »
good luck with your return to cleaning

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 11:21:46 am »
I originally Started my Window Cleaning Business in 2008 and sold it all in 2016 After a break of a couple of years and trying different jobs and ventures i have decided to step back into window cleaning. Looking forward to the journey of building the business again.
Anyone else done this?
Mark

No......but I've nearly jacked it in a few times in my trad days....so glad I didn't.....BUT!!!!!

At least now u can build a business with less mistakes(underpricing,etc).....GOOD LUCK!
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:55:59 pm »
Thought you were on hols Daz ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 06:22:25 pm »

I am.....the  internet still works in lanzarote mate! :)

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 07:44:28 pm »
Come on Daz, switch off and enjoy yourself!!!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 07:51:07 pm »
Come on Daz, switch off and enjoy yourself!!!

Spend half the time waiting around for my missus to get ready! ::)roll ;D

elite mike

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »

Just got back from Lanzarote   ;D .
where are you staying ?

Phil J

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 09:17:41 pm »
I know the feeling Daz

DM.

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 09:19:56 pm »
Anyone else done this?
Mark

Stick with it, youll go far.
I did a similar thing , family circumstances the main reason.

back in the same town after a few years away, i started up again, didnt through morals contact old customers, but gained a whole new customer base, better priced, better frequency.

do a decent job, youll soon get the customers.

all the best to you

DM.

Johnny B

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 10:24:42 pm »
I sold my window cleaning run in the UK in July 2011, moved to Ireland on 31st July 2011 and started up from scratch again a week later.

7 years later I'm stacked out with work.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Marc Stock

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 02:29:07 pm »
Its not as easy as it was.

Much more competitive, seems like every other van i see is a window cleaner.

Not much other options out there now with the cost of living the way it is and lack of decent career prospects now with most  jobs.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 05:27:59 pm »

where are you staying ?

Timanfaya palace hotel Playa Blanca mike.....this place is so chilled out....having a great time.... 8)

John Mart

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 05:49:00 pm »

Not much other options out there now with the cost of living the way it is and lack of decent career prospects now with most  jobs.
My town is overwhelmed with windowcleaners now. I probably see a new one every other week and whenever there’s a Facebook post it’s names being recommended I’ve never heard of.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 06:55:19 pm »

My town is overwhelmed with windowcleaners now. I probably see a new one every other week and whenever there’s a Facebook post it’s names being recommended I’ve never heard of.
is that tall lanky dirty sod with the beaten up van still going ?

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2018, 07:19:22 pm »

is that tall lanky dirty sod with the beaten up van still going ?
BFG? Yes.

elite mike

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2018, 09:09:54 pm »

where are you staying ?

Timanfaya palace hotel Playa Blanca mike.....this place is so chilled out....having a great time.... 8)

Nice one , last time we stayed at playa blanca we stayed at the sandos resort , that was pretty cool  8)
We stayed in costa teguise this time , cheap and cheerful but very nice  ;)

Marc Stock

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2018, 09:14:55 pm »

I got a load of recommendations recently from FaceFarce.

Every single one of them, looking for the cheapest price, with the most work done. I now ask if they got my recommendation from social media, if they did, i refuse to quote as its such a waste of time.

I view Facebook enquirers as the dreggs of the dreggs.

One of my customers has fallen victim to the social media frenzy of cheap window cleaning, he cancelled me and they have someone to clean the windows, upvc, conserv roof, and valet and wash the cars all in one day. Yeah like that's a business model I want to push! His neighbour next door (whom i still clean, as with most of the road) said they looked like a load of pikeys.

::)roll

Johnny B

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2018, 05:30:24 pm »

I got a load of recommendations recently from FaceFarce.

Every single one of them, looking for the cheapest price, with the most work done. I now ask if they got my recommendation from social media, if they did, i refuse to quote as its such a waste of time.

I view Facebook enquirers as the dreggs of the dreggs.

One of my customers has fallen victim to the social media frenzy of cheap window cleaning, he cancelled me and they have someone to clean the windows, upvc, conserv roof, and valet and wash the cars all in one day. Yeah like that's a business model I want to push! His neighbour next door (whom i still clean, as with most of the road) said they looked like a load of pikeys.

::)roll

I have lots of customers that I picked up via our local 'Do You Know' facebook page. I have had no problems with any of them and some have recommended me to others on the page. It has a local membership of 14000+, so my advertising costs nothing and I can just keep plodding away whilst picking new customers up with no effort or input at all.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 08:19:11 am »

I don’t agree - people were saying this 9 years ago when I started out , and nearly every year since - there maybe more visible signs of other windy’s but lots don’t last and it’s easy to set up, get a van, drive about. The key is getting work and most wont door knock thinking the work will come to them - so actively canvass and it will work and grow

Darran