Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NBwcs

Re: The Stigma of Window Cleaning
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2018, 06:51:28 pm »
Any perceived stigma says more about you and your insecurities than anything anyone else thinks.

Insecurities on both sides, only an insecure individual would feel any "superiority" from looking down at a window cleaner. I have far more respect for any person who has the balls and ability to go it alone  doing any sort of business than someone who  bows and scrapes to those that pull their strings.

windowswashed

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 08:23:47 pm »
I can't understand the logic in concentrating on building a window cleaning business  to expand to earn more money when investing in property is low hassle apart and earns a profit from day one. If I was starting over again I would make as much as possible and reinvest in property to let. Quite a few of my customers are property developers and they don't work much at mid life. Know which I'd choose. Most profit, least day to day hassle and inconvenience for not so much profit.

Marc Stock

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 10:42:21 pm »
I can't understand the logic in concentrating on building a window cleaning business  to expand to earn more money when investing in property is low hassle apart and earns a profit from day one. If I was starting over again I would make as much as possible and reinvest in property to let. Quite a few of my customers are property developers and they don't work much at mid life. Know which I'd choose. Most profit, least day to day hassle and inconvenience for not so much profit.

Absolutely right.

But some of us just dont have that option.

Im never going to be a property owner again, and  as each year goes by the notion of that just gets ever smaller.

There are a few so called "affordable" properties being built round the corner starting at around 600k.

Its a complete con.

NBwcs

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 10:33:38 am »
Worst case I can recall is when we met a couple on holiday. Got on really well, he owned his own pharmaceutical company, a fact his wife crowbarred into the conversation within the 1st 2 mins of meeting them. After a couple of days she found out what I did for a living and basically never spoke to me again. He was great, no airs and graces, just a down to earth bloke who'd done very well for himself. She didn't work, a true parasite who lived off her partner and dined out on his status, yet looked down on me. I tell people what I do fairly quickly these days so as I don't have to waste precious time on total dick heads, life's too short.

Missing Link

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 11:46:01 pm »
I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about what I do for a living.

+1
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am