This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mufcglen

cner poles china
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:09:56 pm »
i believe most of the uk pole sellers get theyre poles from this company in china and theres a big long post on facebook about them at moment and it seems theyre alot cheaper buying direct, just wondered has anyone on here bought direct from these chinese carbon companies?

dazmond

Re: cner poles china
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 05:17:18 pm »
i believe most of the uk pole sellers get theyre poles from this company in china and theres a big long post on facebook about them at moment and it seems theyre alot cheaper buying direct, just wondered has anyone on here bought direct from these chinese carbon companies?

why?id rather pay a bit more and go to a reputable company like gardiners(which also have excellent customer service too)for my poles than risk buying them from china.....
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:08 pm »
but the thing is pal these uk companies are getting them from this company called cner, not sure about gardiner but theyre selling poles like that new differently shaped pole!
from the prices posted on facebook the other day but have since been removed after the pole seller had had some complaints from the uk distributers about these being shown theres a big saving for buying direct even when you take into account postage and customs charges.
you can buy whatever spec and size pole you like from them even high mod poles.
big savings if your buying 3-4 hm poles, paying by paypal too so you'd get your money back if anything went wrong!!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 05:59:21 pm »
Link?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Pete Thompson

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 06:11:48 pm »
I’ve seen this argument before, and 2 things came out:

1) SOME suppliers do get their poles directly from China fully made up, but not all. The likes of Ionics and Gardiner certainly don’t. They may look similar, they may even look identical, but they are not.

They look similar because the Chinese supplier has tried to copy the look of a high quality and successful product. NOT because ionics and gardiner just order them direct  and then whack a few quid on.

Sure, the carbon fibre itself that goes into ionics and gardiner  (as a raw material) may have come from China or the USA or wherever, but not ‘off the shelf’. It’s made to exact specifications as stipulated by ionic/gardiner.

The rest of the pole hardware (and the assembly) is done in ionic (or gardiner) U.K. factory using parts they have designed and fabricated themselves (usually in the U.K. due to consistent quality).

I personally have seen this being done at Ionics with my own eyes.

2: Some new or rubbishy pole suppliers simply order entire poles (already assembled) from China and whack some mark up on them. The Chinese will even add a logo to them to make them look the biz.

Are these poles any good ? Maybe. Not bad. But not brilliant. There was a fella on here a while ago who was all excited about ordering them. Never heard from him again.

They’re probably —ok—.

But they’re no where near the likes of ionics and gardiner.

Why don’t you order a few and try them? Then tell us all about it.

andyM

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 08:44:43 pm »
I would always buy from one of our UK retailers out of principle and because it makes sense to do so.
We need them as much as they need us.
And i wouldn't fancy a 6 week wait if i needed to order a part from China!
One of the Plebs

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 10:19:54 pm »
I would always buy from one of our UK retailers out of principle and because it makes sense to do so.
We need them as much as they need us.
And i wouldn't fancy a 6 week wait if i needed to order a part from China!

..... and we get the Smart clamps.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 10:47:04 pm »
its always  penny pinching window cleaners on facebook trying to save a few quid at the expense of UK businesses instead of concentrating on building up their workload so they can afford to buy off the uk companies without leaving a massive hole in their finances...... ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 06:59:03 am »
No penny pinching from me pal, if I want a new pole I’ll just buy one if needed but it’s not penny pinching if the prices posted are correct there’s a lot of money to be saved, saying that if the replies above are correct from people who have bought and used these poles then I’d stay away myself.
I use an xtreme 22 every day but have an slx39 for the higher windows that gets used 3-4 times a month and I’ve never been impressed with the flex on it to be honest that’s why I was wondering about these high mod poles being sold out of China and as much as I could go out and buy an xtreme 35 or 47, a grand or more is a lot of money for a pole to be used a few times a month!
You should see my slx39 its like brand new and I’ve had 3-4 years now lol
I’ve seen this god of water pole that’s being sold now over here and that’s from these Chinese companies so will be interesting to see how they last, also this cner even do poles with clamps with inserts in with the same idea as the new phantom pole!
I just wondered if anyone on here had bought any poles direct themselves, 1-2 guys on Facebook had and said postage was fairly quick taking days not weeks and they’d been impressed with the Poles, hopefully there may be somone on here who’s done it rather than hearsay.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 07:57:33 am »
No penny pinching from me pal, if I want a new pole I’ll just buy one if needed but it’s not penny pinching if the prices posted are correct there’s a lot of money to be saved, saying that if the replies above are correct from people who have bought and used these poles then I’d stay away myself.
I use an xtreme 22 every day but have an slx39 for the higher windows that gets used 3-4 times a month and I’ve never been impressed with the flex on it to be honest that’s why I was wondering about these high mod poles being sold out of China and as much as I could go out and buy an xtreme 35 or 47, a grand or more is a lot of money for a pole to be used a few times a month!
You should see my slx39 its like brand new and I’ve had 3-4 years now lol
I’ve seen this god of water pole that’s being sold now over here and that’s from these Chinese companies so will be interesting to see how they last, also this cner even do poles with clamps with inserts in with the same idea as the new phantom pole!
I just wondered if anyone on here had bought any poles direct themselves, 1-2 guys on Facebook had and said postage was fairly quick taking days not weeks and they’d been impressed with the Poles, hopefully there may be somone on here who’s done it rather than hearsay.

if something sounds too good to be true it normally is.....high mod poles are pricey.my xtreme 47 was £850 but i wouldnt want to use anything else at that height.certainly not an SLX or supermax.......

have you ever thought of ditching the higher level work if your only using the slx 39 3 or 4 times a month?

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 08:07:24 am »
So how much is the saving ?
and is it that much if as an individual you buy just one pole ?
I'd need to compare that perceived saving against delivery time, any customs issues and customer support.
The best plus about gardiners is I can buy any spare part next day delivery , be it a clamp, a pole section, lever, end cap, whatever etc ! My local cleaning supply shop even stocks a variety of gardiner spares and poles now too ! I can even get stuff delivered to them if I can't be home.
Is it really worth the ball ache to save a few £££'s  :-\

CleanClear

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 10:23:42 am »
hopefully there may be somone on here who’s done it rather than hearsay.

Glen if you check the back posts (here) , it may of been David Kemp and /or someone else they imported poles in ones and twos, they described how to do it and even gave some links/manufacturers if i remember correctly.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

CleanClear

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 10:35:37 am »

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 01:23:48 pm »
17 page thread......

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=179083.0
I could waste an hour reading that or hours researching and sourcing  on internet to save a few quid and then not know when an order may arrive and its quality.  OR I could order from a reputable UK supplier with warranty on a next day delivery and be either out earning or enjoying my free time. I'm out. ;D

mufcglen

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 03:55:43 pm »
17 page thread......

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=179083.0
I could waste an hour reading that or hours researching and sourcing  on internet to save a few quid and then not know when an order may arrive and its quality.  OR I could order from a reputable UK supplier with warranty on a next day delivery and be either out earning or enjoying my free time. I'm out. ;D

lol thats why ive asked on here if anyone had bought one or not, all im getting if's and but's from people who havent any experience.
alot of people raised the concerns about spare parts, customs and delivery time too on the facebook page and the guys who had bought these poles said customs didnt work out that much, postage was fairly quickly and they said you could buy spare parts in case anything went wrong and overall it worked out they saved alot like hudreds of pounds not pennies going direct to the chinese pole makers.
like i say guys im asking if anyone on here as ever bought one direct but like myself everyone on here is a gardiner follower ;D

david mark

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 07:35:29 pm »
I bought one from them 2 years
ago the carbon pole was good quality but the clamps looked liked smart clamps but they had no shims or springs in them so the pole would swivel.

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 07:53:12 pm »
I bought one from them 2 years
ago the carbon pole was good quality but the clamps looked liked smart clamps but they had no shims or springs in them so the pole would swivel.
Do you still have it and use it ?
could shims or springs be added seeing as they can be bought  ?

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 10:01:31 pm »
The God  of Water poles sold on FB by Scott look great, he's even shelled out to get "mouldings" done for adapters and stuff. Can't beat quality................