Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

Used tfr for the first time.
« on: September 02, 2018, 08:31:33 am »
We did a particularly dirty first clean on Saturday. I was given some tfr recently by another local cleaner and decided to give it a try.

It was really good stuff. Way better than the dilute virosol I normally use. I find with virosol it does help to shift the muck but does nothing for any discolouration underneath. The tfr bought the whites up a couple of shades whiter.

I must order some, which is best though and at what ratio when mixing?

Also I want some kind of sprayer with a long lance to be able to apply this stuff at height. What are other people using to do this?

paul alan

Re: Used tfr for the first time.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 08:44:37 am »
I have a spare clx on the van, can you modify these hand pump sprayers to spray through some pole hose up a clx?

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 09:00:08 am »
Buy a back pack

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 09:14:26 am »

The one you used in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 09:47:33 am »

Didn't see any, he simply decanted me a litre, I sprayed it on 2:1. Probably way too strong but it wasn't on the surface for more than a minute or two.

paul alan

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 09:49:52 am »
Buy a back pack

Dont want to buy a back pack for the odd quick spray now and again.

Would rather just use a pump sprayer, I do want a backpack for access issues. Would be wasted on spraying chems.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 09:59:36 am »
Autosmart g101 does the job or just go online and look for non-caustic tfr.
Comfortably Numb!

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 01:53:34 pm »
When you get round to buying some the dilution rate is on the label

Back pack is best with your pole .

But if you must look at the hozelock 1.25 litre hand pumps you get good pressure and they reach house sfg

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

lal

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 04:59:27 pm »
Buy a back pack

Dont want to buy a back pack for the odd quick spray now and again.

Would rather just use a pump sprayer, I do want a backpack for access issues. Would be wasted on spraying chems.

Hey Paul, i bought a Gardiners Backpack 3 or 4 years ago, especially for applying Chemical/Water mix to Filthy uncleaned
for years Fascia, i use either the 18ft or 25ft Gardiners poles to administer the chemical/water mix, its the easiest way to spray
the mix at that height, after all the poles are always on the van,  The Backpack was never wasted on spraying chems, infact its been a Godsend.
Larry

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2018, 07:32:26 pm »

Didn't see any, he simply decanted me a litre, I sprayed it on 2:1. Probably way too strong but it wasn't on the surface for more than a minute or two.

Using tfr at 2:1 is way to strong and asking for problems with staining the plastic and leaving a film on the glass that will not come off of it dries we used to use it 10:1 and I ruined a conservatory with it glass and plastic have never used it since mix of virosol 10:1 works well if you have badly stained frames use a hypo mix 6:1 will generaly bring it up like new , if it turns the plastic yellow/ brown  this will disappear with in a couple of hours unlike tfr that will permanently damage the glass

paul alan

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2018, 07:57:12 pm »
What is hypo, where do I get that from?

Its safer to use than caustic tfr then?

Thanks

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2018, 08:06:22 pm »
Ive been using virosol for over a year now as I bought a 5ltr tub of it and it lasted this long but have ran out now so want something else.

After using the tfr and seeing how effective it is I can see that a good chemical will save me having to scrub so much for so long.

I'm a bit weary of using it now though after reading above post.

What about non caustic tfr, would that be stronger than virosol? Ive never had a single problem with virosol by the way, I scrub it in and leave for a minute or two then scrub and rinse it off.

I would like something to do more of the work for me though, and maybe brighten the frames up too? (without ruining anyone's conny)

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »

Thanks

Sodium hypochlorite. ( bleach) we buy dairy hypochlorite from a farm supply shop it’s generaly 10-15 % strength . I ltr of hypo to 6 ltr of water apply to the windows or gfs leave for up to 10 muinits rub with wfp rinse job done comes up well we do some really bad plastics and usualy they look almost like new , it also kills algy spores

paul alan

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 08:09:18 pm »
Autosmart g101 does the job or just go online and look for non-caustic tfr.

been looking at the g101, how does that compare to virosol?

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 08:10:27 pm »
Ive been using virosol for over a year now as I bought a 5ltr tub of it and it lasted this long but have ran out now so want something else.

After using the tfr and seeing how effective it is I can see that a good chemical will save me having to scrub so much for so long.

What about non caustic tfr, would that be stronger than virosol? Ive never had a single problem with virosol by the way, I scrub it in and leave for a minute or two then scrub and rinse it off.

I would like something to do more of the work for me though, and maybe brighten the frames up too? (without ruining anyone's conny)

The tfr I was using wasn’t caustic it was non caustic and still caused damage that couldn’t be reversed 😬😬😬

paul alan

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 08:11:38 pm »

Thanks

Sodium hypochlorite. ( bleach) we buy dairy hypochlorite from a farm supply shop it’s generaly 10-15 % strength . I ltr of hypo to 6 ltr of water apply to the windows or gfs leave for up to 10 muinits rub with wfp rinse job done comes up well we do some really bad plastics and usualy they look almost like new , it also kills algy spores

Thanks!

What do I need to know about using this stuff? Would I need to inform my insurance company?

paul alan

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 08:12:30 pm »

The tfr I was using wasn’t caustic it was non caustic and still caused damage that couldn’t be reversed 😬😬😬

Did you leave it on for too long?

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 08:18:41 pm »

Thanks

Thanks!

What do I need to know about using this stuff? Would I need to inform my insurance company?

We are coverd by our insurance for using it , you do need to use the appropriate ppe and understand how it works look at softwashing videos on line : you can apply it from a back pack through wfp or spray it on but spraying it you do have to be careful of spray drift , it does produce amazing results we do several hundred jobs a year like this : it’s also a very good way to clean house walls and industrial buildings

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 08:23:42 pm »

Did you leave it on for too long?

No it was on the conservatory for no more than 5 muinits but it did dry to a certain extent as it was a warm spring day it left a film on the glass that you could feel and see but couldn’t get it off with any chemical or scraper it left yellow raised surface that looked like varnish on the plastic again nothing would remove it , this was about 10 years ago I have never used it since

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2018, 09:11:22 pm »

Thanks

if your worried about the TFR post your really gonna $h!t yourself when you look at what Hypo can do

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk