Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Oliver James

Re: Achieving your goals and setting new ones....... The next step
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2018, 08:33:41 am »
Bungle,

The prices we are charging are for a premium window cleaning service. Part of my sales pitch is that our client list includes a brain surgeon, a high court judge and a knight of the realm and that we use rubber bumpers on all of our brushes so we can look after our customers valuable windows.

Most of the homes we are working on are changing hands for north of £400k, and a lot of them are period properties. Some of our clients will have spent over 80k on beautiful new wooden windows for their period homes. The prices we are charging on 12 weekly are similar to what Lee and Vin are listing on their websites.

For 12 weekly, yes, you are right, it is a long time. One of the reasons why I chose 12 weekly is because of there is decent profit margin on 12 weekly work, and our business model (partnership with local window cleaners rather than employing) would not work for our partners if we were doing the work every 6 weeks.

Retention: My figures on CP are skewed by the fact that I've suspended about 75 customers this year who were not ready for Go Cardless; and also I've been refining the rounds for the past 4 years. I also have a "Three Strikes and Your Out" policy: If we can't get access the back on more than three occassions; we let the client go.

I've looked on Go Cardless to get you some data on our retention rate so here it is (Just so you know, we've been using Go Cardless since 2015.)

Active Customers: 641
Inactive Customers: 104

My calculations show that Go Cardless customers on 12 weekly have a retention rate of 84%.

Where in Birmingham are you based and what is the name of your company? We're based in Harborne and we cover Moseley/Harborne/Solihull/Sutton/Bromsgrove.

Scrimble

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2018, 09:11:22 am »
Bungle,

The prices we are charging are for a premium window cleaning service. Part of my sales pitch is that our client list includes a brain surgeon, a high court judge and a knight of the realm and that we use rubber bumpers on all of our brushes so we can look after our customers valuable windows.

Most of the homes we are working on are changing hands for north of £400k, and a lot of them are period properties. Some of our clients will have spent over 80k on beautiful new wooden windows for their period homes. The prices we are charging on 12 weekly are similar to what Lee and Vin are listing on their websites.

For 12 weekly, yes, you are right, it is a long time. One of the reasons why I chose 12 weekly is because of there is decent profit margin on 12 weekly work, and our business model (partnership with local window cleaners rather than employing) would not work for our partners if we were doing the work every 6 weeks.

Retention: My figures on CP are skewed by the fact that I've suspended about 75 customers this year who were not ready for Go Cardless; and also I've been refining the rounds for the past 4 years. I also have a "Three Strikes and Your Out" policy: If we can't get access the back on more than three occassions; we let the client go.

I've looked on Go Cardless to get you some data on our retention rate so here it is (Just so you know, we've been using Go Cardless since 2015.)

My calculations show that Go Cardless customers on 12 weekly have a retention rate of 84%.

Where in Birmingham are you based and what is the name of your company? We're based in Harborne and we cover Moseley/Harborne/Solihull/Sutton/Bromsgrove.

considering how long you have been going for you haven't built up that much of a business, do your prices include vat? 640 houses at 12 weekly is an average of just over 10 houses a day which could be done before lunch every day by 1 man
hence why you have failed at employing so are now going down a "partnership" route

you obviously cant get enough customers to believe your sales pitch

John Mart

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2018, 09:25:24 am »
Bungle,

considering how long you have been going for you haven't built up that much of a business, do your prices include vat? 640 houses at 12 weekly is an average of just over 10 houses a day which could be done before lunch every day by 1 man
hence why you have failed at employing so are now going down a "partnership" route

That said, it's a pretty good one man round. Many would kill for it.

Smudger

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2018, 11:02:37 am »
Bungle,

wow - say it like it is why dont you  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Soupy

« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2018, 01:43:29 pm »
Well done Lee. I hope you get where you want to be.

Friday was the end of my year and we got the goal I've been shooting for for a couple of years.

Slacky

« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2018, 01:59:29 pm »
Part of my sales pitch is that our client list includes a brain surgeon, a high court judge and a knight of the realm and that we use rubber bumpers on all of our brushes so we can look after our customers valuable windows.

I find that an odd angle to use when addressing potential new customers. I'd think someone would have a stick up their ass if they started reeling off stuff like to try to secure me as a customer.

Most of us have probably  cleaned windows at some point in our careers for judges, brain surgeons and knights (of the realm, none the less  ;D)

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:31 pm »
Oliver, why do you ask that existing customers call one telephone number on your website and a different number if they're new customers?

Soupy

« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2018, 02:40:45 pm »
We cleaned this for the Queen.

Stoots

« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2018, 03:16:39 pm »
Not much of a business  :D

There's some jealous people on here...

3 bed semi with a Conny £35! In Birmingham as well! 

That's a fantastic business! easy £600 a day one man at those sort of rates.

I'm gob smacked you can get those prices, I mean I understand down in Surrey London etc but Birmingham, very well done indeed.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2018, 03:57:23 pm »
Bungle,

What are these special brushes that you talk of on your website, claiming that no other window cleaners know of them? 😂 Do you supply the brushes to your subbies?

tlwcs

« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »
You are crushing it - An impressive amount of growth in a short space of time.

My goal in March 2017 was to double the turnover in 18 months. Like you, I invested my own money to make this happen.

We are nearly there in this, and the only reason we haven't smashed it; is because I've suspended about 75 customers who were not able to move to paying by Go Cardless.

For the next 12 months my goals are to

a) add 50% to the turnover,
b) Implement a referral programme that will generate at least 60 sales per year from referrals.
c) Get the ratings on trust pilot and google business to over 4 stars
d) Have the ratio of complaints to turnover at the same level as it was when I was on the tools.
e) Have zero team member turnover in the front line team (currently 2 partners).
g) Have a 'mailing universe' of at least 120k. We currently send leaflets out to 90k homes per year.
h) Double the percentage of customers who are getting annual gutter clearing from 10% to 20%

I’ve had customers pass me your flyer. They were gobsmacked by the prices you charge. Do you have a good retention rate and do you not think every 3 months is a long time between cleans?

Many thanks, Bungle.
Without drifting off topic to far, I also have been passed your flyer/leaflet. Customer only comment was 'he must be expensive with a flyer like that'
Bungle, he's not expensive. When I was shown he's prices , he was cheaper than me when we worked my monthly by 3. The customers reaction was 'who wants them cleaned every 3 months'
Geographically for a call here and there,  I can't see how it pays, but it must.

tlwcs

« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2018, 04:27:56 pm »
Not much of a business  :D

There's some jealous people on here...

3 bed semi with a Conny £35! In Birmingham as well! 

That's a fantastic business! easy £600 a day one man at those sort of rates.

I'm gob smacked you can get those prices, I mean I understand down in Surrey London etc but Birmingham, very well done indeed.

Nowt wrong with Birmingham mate (apart from the sty in Small Heath)
Oliver targets the affluent areas

Frankybadboy

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2018, 07:36:25 pm »
Got it ... I wasn't sure if you had any "significant others"  ;D in your life that were sharing in your business/success.

Ah I see

No Just me and the team. My long suffering girlfriend Nancy gets treated to lots of nice times out and holidays. We have been to dubai again in Apr, we are off to Majorca in 2 weeks and dubai again in December. I do her head in all the time listening to my ideas ect so its the least I can do for her lol

;D

You sound like Dazmond, Lee!

that a bit hard saying he sounds like Dazmond,i wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Oliver James

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »
Brushes:

1. Gardiner 35cm extreme with a rubber bumper, 4 fanjets and with the pump turned up to full flow. One of the partners has a 1000L tank so he can run all day like this.
2. Zero degree splay brush for all modern and vintage lead.
3, 45cm brush for connie roofs, with this connected to both pumps and both at max flow on the van with the 1000L tank.

Phone numbers:
The number for new customers goes to an outsourced call centre and they take bookings.
The number for existing customers goes to my mobile.

paul alan

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2018, 09:05:04 pm »
Brushes:

1. Gardiner 35cm extreme with a rubber bumper, 4 fanjets and with the pump turned up to full flow. One of the partners has a 1000L tank so he can run all day like this.
2. Zero degree splay brush for all modern and vintage lead.
3, 45cm brush for connie roofs, with this connected to both pumps and both at max flow on the van with the 1000L tank.

Phone numbers:
The number for new customers goes to an outsourced call centre and they take bookings.
The number for existing customers goes to my mobile.

I use the 14" extreme with 4x red fans on full, it is an awesome way to clean windows. with extra width and flow it stands to reason your gonna be 20-30% quicker.

Got the idea from another cleaner on here! Cheers.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2018, 10:57:14 am »
Lee, where’s the video gone?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2018, 12:16:08 pm »
Sorry Simon

My videos are only there for a few days then I delete them.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.