Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Re: Achieving your goals and setting new ones....... The next step
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 07:46:51 pm »
I no longer use jogpost as there service went very downhill. I use Royal Mail and a few others

How much are royal mail charging you?

The same they would charge you. Easy to look up

Thanks for the sarc answer :)

I already tried that but you have to call them for a quote. They don't publish prices.

Won't ask you again then sorry

Oh Paul don't be so silly 😜

About £63 per thousand. Call them and ask them to email you there pricing table.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

dennis chalk

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 07:49:26 pm »
Royal Mail  £57 + vat  per 1000

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2018, 07:49:38 pm »
I no longer use jogpost as there service went very downhill. I use Royal Mail and a few others

How much are royal mail charging you?

The same they would charge you. Easy to look up

Thanks for the sarc answer :)

I already tried that but you have to call them for a quote. They don't publish prices.

Won't ask you again then sorry

Oh Paul don't be so silly 😜

About £63 per thousand. Call them and ask them to email you there pricing table.

Fab thank you.  Sounds a reasonably price to me.

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Lee Pryor

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2018, 07:50:09 pm »
The van is off the road this week for accident repairs, would it be ok to call by on Friday for this coffee lee?

Yep

paul alan

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2018, 07:52:07 pm »
The van is off the road this week for accident repairs, would it be ok to call by on Friday for this coffee lee?

Yep

Happy days.

I'll be looking to set off early before the traffic, is 9am ish ok?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2018, 08:02:41 pm »
Sounds good. 10am even better lol. I'm not used to the early starts anymore haha!

paul alan

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2018, 08:14:59 pm »
Sounds good. 10am even better lol. I'm not used to the early starts anymore haha!

No problem

Oliver James

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2018, 08:46:03 pm »
You are crushing it - An impressive amount of growth in a short space of time.

My goal in March 2017 was to double the turnover in 18 months. Like you, I invested my own money to make this happen.

We are nearly there in this, and the only reason we haven't smashed it; is because I've suspended about 75 customers who were not able to move to paying by Go Cardless.

For the next 12 months my goals are to

a) add 50% to the turnover,
b) Implement a referral programme that will generate at least 60 sales per year from referrals.
c) Get the ratings on trust pilot and google business to over 4 stars
d) Have the ratio of complaints to turnover at the same level as it was when I was on the tools.
e) Have zero team member turnover in the front line team (currently 2 partners).
g) Have a 'mailing universe' of at least 120k. We currently send leaflets out to 90k homes per year.
h) Double the percentage of customers who are getting annual gutter clearing from 10% to 20%

Steve Carpenter Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:11 pm »
Lee, how did you find good staff, do you start them on good pay to begin with?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2018, 10:26:07 pm »
Lee, how did you find good staff, do you start them on good pay to begin with?

As I said above we go through 3/4 each time to get 1 I just push on until I get that 1 rather than quit.

Yes they are well paid. My top guys are over 30k a year.

Oliver James

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 06:56:41 am »
To get quality team members we ordered bright yellow 1 metre by 2 metre banners and bungeed them to the sides of the vans.

On the banner it said:

"Who ELSE wants to earn up to £15 per hour?"

We got a steady stream of enquiries...

Bungle

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2018, 08:26:33 am »
You are crushing it - An impressive amount of growth in a short space of time.

My goal in March 2017 was to double the turnover in 18 months. Like you, I invested my own money to make this happen.

We are nearly there in this, and the only reason we haven't smashed it; is because I've suspended about 75 customers who were not able to move to paying by Go Cardless.

For the next 12 months my goals are to

a) add 50% to the turnover,
b) Implement a referral programme that will generate at least 60 sales per year from referrals.
c) Get the ratings on trust pilot and google business to over 4 stars
d) Have the ratio of complaints to turnover at the same level as it was when I was on the tools.
e) Have zero team member turnover in the front line team (currently 2 partners).
g) Have a 'mailing universe' of at least 120k. We currently send leaflets out to 90k homes per year.
h) Double the percentage of customers who are getting annual gutter clearing from 10% to 20%

I’ve had customers pass me your flyer. They were gobsmacked by the prices you charge. Do you have a good retention rate and do you not think every 3 months is a long time between cleans?

Many thanks, Bungle.
We look at them, they look through them.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2018, 11:04:41 am »
So does that mean you reached your September goal of 500 more customers?

Anyway, well done. I still think it was mad buying the vans before you had the work but it’s obviously kept you focussed! An amazing achievement and somewhat beyond my goals. I think there’s a tendency to underestimate the effort, focus and nouse required to run profitably and professionally a multivan business.

No I still need more customers but we have 350k leaflets going out in September. 150k of which is a new design that I'm particularly excited to see results from.

I bought the vans when I did because I knew I wouldn't get the finance for at least 2 years later. No longer being a homeowner and no profit on my accounts due to the spending. So the month before I sold I got as many as I could (6) on finance knowing I would need them down the line. Along the way it was useful to have a few spare. That's why next year we will buy 3 then the last 2 if the plan is on track.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2018, 12:41:08 pm »
Hi Lee, great to hear you're doing so well. In your first post in this thread you wrote ...

Big day for us.

Who is "us"?
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2018, 01:35:14 pm »
“Us” as in the business I would say

Personally we work as a team ( management/owners) and staff everyone benefits from the company doing well it’s not down to “me” or “I”

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2018, 02:28:19 pm »
The 13 of us that work within my business.

As we grow and do better I pay my team more.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2018, 02:41:10 pm »
Got it ... I wasn't sure if you had any "significant others"  ;D in your life that were sharing in your business/success.

John Mart

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2018, 02:52:48 pm »
Got it ... I wasn't sure if you had any "significant others"  ;D in your life that were sharing in your business/success.
Interesting issue.  ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2018, 04:39:19 pm »

Ah I see

No Just me and the team. My long suffering girlfriend Nancy gets treated to lots of nice times out and holidays. We have been to dubai again in Apr, we are off to Majorca in 2 weeks and dubai again in December. I do her head in all the time listening to my ideas ect so its the least I can do for her lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2018, 06:45:22 pm »

Ah I see

No Just me and the team. My long suffering girlfriend Nancy gets treated to lots of nice times out and holidays. We have been to dubai again in Apr, we are off to Majorca in 2 weeks and dubai again in December. I do her head in all the time listening to my ideas ect so its the least I can do for her lol

;D

You sound like Dazmond, Lee!

Glad to hear all your hard work is getting you where you want to be and it's all panning out so well for you.