Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

4 years ago I was paying £1.20 a click,  anyone know what the going rate is now?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Steven Butler

Hi Mike, my average last month was £1.72 per click. I’ve had it paused for 3 weeks whilst I’ve been abroad and I was still getting the same number of enquiries which I found strange.

Forum Admin

Our average was £1.91 last month, it depends on the keywords you're bidding for and area etc, the more people bidding the higher you can pay. If you were getting the same amount of enquiries with the campaign paused I would seriously look into where your enquiries are coming from, it sounds like you may be getting most organically - I wouldn't rush to resume the campaign if enquiries are coming in. Google Ads is a great tool but the spending can easily run away with you and when you look into the stats and track every lead only a few may come from this or you may have a great campaign that's working for you. Either way tracking the stats will show your campaign is successful or needs looking into.

Craigp

Re: Google adwords, what everyone paying ( or paid in the past) per click
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »
I started using adwords in 2005 and I was paying 30 pence a click, I was right at the top 24/7 for that, my monthly bill was around £35

I don't do it now, it's too expensive for the price shoppers you get, last time I did it briefly a few years ago it was £3.90 ish per click

I think you'd be paying at least £700 a month now to be at the top 24/7

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:58:56 am »
Mike

its cost per customers you need to know as people click more than once, you can track this by installing code from sites like statcounter on you page.  you can then track IPs and ban when needed. you can do this within google ads. dont worry about the location of the IPs as they can be from far away but still be local to you.

Respects

Ian Harper

Marius Alexandru

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 02:57:17 pm »
Something which one of my m8 found out as he is using ppc for his business.

He had a budget of £40 per day and he was getting about 20-25 clicks per day, he lowered his budget to £10 and then he was getting 12-15 clicks a day. How is that even possible ?

Michael H Jones

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2018, 04:33:32 pm »
I was paying around 50p but recently that has gone up to 80p. My Adwords guy reckons a competitor has upped his bid and I like top stay at the top of the page. He's recommended a different bidding strategy(?) which has started recently which should get more clicks for my budget but not always for top spot - but same budget. Will see how it goes but that might answer a question further up the thread.