Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Re: what would you do if there was a "drought order"......?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 05:38:00 pm »
I think just say it isn’t tap water. It’s deionised. That’ll do it.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2018, 05:41:10 pm »
I think just say it isn’t tap water. It’s deionised. That’ll do it.

And I'm getting fed up of being asked to water the plants too  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

andyM

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 05:41:57 pm »
I tell them I make my water out of wine.
One of the Plebs

John Mart

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2018, 05:45:44 pm »
I tell them I make my water out of wine.
Susej.

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2018, 07:23:14 pm »
It would make no difference to me 😊

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Bungle

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 10:02:04 pm »
The problem a lot of 'window cleaners' will have if we can't use WFP is most can't trad  8)
We look at them, they look through them.

Splash & dash

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 10:54:21 pm »
I think the main point here is that we went over to wfp beacause of health and safety working at heights regs so going back to ladders isn’t an option , we certainly won’t be doing that , I would rather take time off if it came to that but I think it’s highly unlikely down hear as the  reservoirs are practically full

G Griffin

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2018, 11:52:47 pm »
How about everyone emptying their IBC's into the reservoirs and topping them up? 
No bans and window cleaners would be national heroes. We'd also be lowering the tds's of our local ressies.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Pete Thompson

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 12:39:20 am »
I’d say I’d filled up my tank at my mates house in Scotland (or wherever) that’s not affected by the drought order.

Prove that I didn’t.

Nothing would stop me working, and I certainly wouldn’t be using ladders.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 09:31:17 am »
Well here in Doncaster we had some cracking thunder since Thursday night and heavy down pours since then and today it's been great to get out in it, haha without the work equipment esp since lightning is in the mix as well
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 11:05:30 am »
A drought only really occurs if there's not enough rain in the winter. It takes 12 months of below average rainfall. However, there have been four in the last 100 years.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 06:55:14 pm »
It's hard to say.  I wouldn't be able to take too much time off.  I'd probably revert to ladder and squeegee and take a gamble on backpacking the odd difficult window where there is a safety issue.  All extras like conservatory roofs, gutter/facia cleaning would be deferred.

Spruce

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 08:28:07 pm »
The problem a lot of 'window cleaners' will have if we can't use WFP is most can't trad  8)

How many trad cleaners can use a chamois leather?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NBwcs

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 08:47:05 pm »
Really winds me up. I was made redundant from Anglian Water over 14 yrs ago and set up my wc business. I pretty much guarentee you I could go back to places where I know there are leaks which wernt considered financially viable to repair and they'll still be leaking and I'm not talking small leaks either.  I'm sure those in the north west can tell similar stories. This winter /spring was one of the wettest I've had since being a wc, other hot country's  go to great efforts to preserve water when they get it, but we don't. A country as wet as ours is should never run dry. The public perception bothers me as well, just because we're on show we're obvious targets. Coca cola use more water per day than the whole of Peterborough, bet they won't get any grief., and there was a program on the other day that revealed it takes over 3000litres of water to make one t shirt! Does my head in.

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 08:59:03 pm »

How many trad cleaners can use a chamois leather?

What’s one of them  ??? Is it a new Gardiners product  ;D

John Mart

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 09:26:06 pm »
Really winds me up. I was made redundant from Anglian Water over 14 yrs ago and set up my wc business. I pretty much guarentee you I could go back to places where I know there are leaks which wernt considered financially viable to repair and they'll still be leaking and I'm not talking small leaks either.  I'm sure those in the north west can tell similar stories. This winter /spring was one of the wettest I've had since being a wc, other hot country's  go to great efforts to preserve water when they get it, but we don't. A country as wet as ours is should never run dry. The public perception bothers me as well, just because we're on show we're obvious targets. Coca cola use more water per day than the whole of Peterborough, bet they won't get any grief., and there was a program on the other day that revealed it takes over 3000litres of water to make one t shirt! Does my head in.
It certainly was wet. We’re miles away from a drought order I reckon but there will probably at some point be one.

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 10:39:20 pm »

Same here, its all propaganda to cover their own backs
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 11:48:25 pm »

Well said. It takes 750,000 litres of water for each frack of a well. Are United Utilities limiting the fracking that is happening in its area now? Are they bolloxxx.

What annoys me is the members of the public saying you can’t use your hosepipe as if water is a national treasure, it’s not, we all pay good money to our privately owned water companies for our water, whilst the directors of those privately owned companies take multi million pound salaries for supplying us with what should be a national asset in the first place.

I’ll be using my hosepipe however I see fit for the duration of the hosepipe ban. Couldn’t give a toss if that’s frowned upon or not.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."