Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Thomas2

quote for local authority work
« on: July 21, 2018, 04:06:14 pm »
Hi I really would like some help in quote for local authority work  thanks for any help
3d, Cleaning Services
All of our staff are fully trained and vetted and insured to carry out the full range of cleaning services in your Business or offices Our mission is to be number 1

Splash & dash

Re: quote for local authority work
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:14:43 pm »
Hi I really would like some help in quote for local authority work  thanks for any help

From experience it’s not worth the effort we used to do it but what they want to pay is peanuts and the hoops you have to jump through to become an approved contractor arnt worth the hassle generaly you need to be chas registerd , or similar you need policy’s in place for environment waist disposal , fairness and equality policy’s , unless you are a big company it’s difficult to comply with what they want these days as all the previous things mentioned you don’t need , also it’s a cutthroat tendering process generaly the cheapest tender gets the contract some big firms deliberately put in low prices to get certain contracts ass loss leaders for other work , quite often we were twice the price of other tenders and I was only just covering my expenses with the way I priced it . Ime still on there contact list but every time they invite me to quote for a job it goes straight in the bin as it’s not worth wasting the time filling out all there paperwork the last tender application was 48 pages !,,,,we now concentrate on the private sector commercial work and domestic far easier more money less hassle, I guess this isn’t going to help you but that’s what we have found over the years , good luck with it if you do go ahead

j clarkson

Re: quote for local authority work
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 07:41:55 am »
Hi
I agree , local.authority work is,very hard,to,get most of it being part of EU tender bid processes.

If you are asking the question on here then you probably need a bid writer to do this for you.  This is very expensive.

In addition the rates people have this work screwed down to is stupid.  There is a lot of ghosting goes on. They say they will put 10 operatives on a job  charge just above cost for ten cleaners, but after a few months cut it to 7  they are now on 30% , the authority thinks it's on agreat deal but they are not getting what they commissioned.

Lastly not always but very often , the deal was done at the golf club with a brown envelope changing hands.
You could offer to do it for free and still wouldn't get a look in.  They say it's a matter  of Public Record and Open to scrutiny but if one bidder is getting all the other price points and other intel it still can be engineered.

Don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but have wasted a lot of money on bids that got no where.

Cheers
John